New healthy hot me :-)

Thanks for making me smile again Rose!

So my food diary for today...

Brekkie: smoothie (banana, orange, plum, strawberries, grapes, mango, apricot, melon and wheatgrass)
Lunch: 2 oatcakes topped with laughing cow extra light triangle and chopped tomato
Dinner: bowl of veg soup

Drank about 2l of water

I'm off to bed now... been a long day xx

You are doing so well OTW and with your totally positive attitude i KNOW you are going to get there. I'm so sorry you have extra worries right now but dealing with it with exercise not chocolate is just phenomenal. Hats off to you honey. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well done on your weight loss hun sorry to hear the news your unwell but like the above peeps have said what a great attitude you have am sure everything will be fine keep up the good work xx

Thanks for all the lovely messages guys :)

Mad Muppet I see we had the same start weight.... hopefully we'll both be posting in the 'Before and After' thread around the same time :)

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday's diary.... was very busy between appointments, work and the gym so I've just realised I ate very little..

Brekkie: smoothie with lots of fruit and a fat free yogurt
Dinner: big bowl of fresh fruit

Snack: special k bites

Drank about 2l of water yesterday too.

Gym: 20mins on crosstrainer, 2500m on rower, 15km on bike

I'm pleased that despite stresses and strains, I'm continuing to eat healthy and go to the gym.

Meeting some friends tomorrow night for dinner, I've already had a look at the menu and I'm between 2 choices....

Teriyaki Salmon Fillet Grilled teriyaki marinated salmon fillet
served on a bed of steamed mixed greens with toasted sesame seeds.Served with Jasmine rice or noodles

or...

Thai Aromatic Chicken Salad Mao’s delicious classic salad of chicken marinated in yoghurt & mint, served on a bed of herby mixed leaves, topped with frizzled sweet potato and cashews.
Tossed in Mao’s house dressing

I'm thinking the salmon might be lower cal? Rice or noodles? Oh the stress!!!

I'm off to the gym now... catch up later xx

MM, be the chicken for me I think. Both sound lush though, so you can't go wrong!

MM, be the chicken for me I think. Both sound lush though, so you can't go wrong!

Oooh lush makes them sound calorific!! :p

The salad sounds delish, maybe without the dressing it would be ok :)

mmmmm just reading the choices made me hungrey lol hope you have a lovey meal,

Oooo i do hope that we are posting in the before and after around the same time Ive been abit out of sync this week and the end of last week but coming on here and reading everyones diarys has given me the kick up the fat arse to sort it out lol im going todo this and im going to join you on the before and after thread lol and not a year later

Keep up the great work hun xx

Hope your day going well OTW, what did you finally decide on? both meals sounded delish :)

yes, you, me and madmuppet and others have all started at same weight approx..so those before and after pics are on their way :)

evening everyone :D

Gorgeous day in Dublin.. Hope the sun is shining wherever you are :p

So I didn't get a chance to post my diary for yesterday....

Brekkie: homemade smoothie (grapes, strawberries, blueberries, oranges, apricot, mango and a banana)
Lunch: 2 oatcakes topped with 1 laughing cow extra light triangle
Dinner: 1/2 bowl of tomato soup

Gym: 20km on bike, 15 mins on crosstrainer, 1500m on rower

And today....

Brekkie: Smoothie
Lunch: 2 mandarin oranges
Dinner: going out for dinner (thankfully with a friend who doesn't order starters or dessert EVER!!!) I'm still deciding between the two options I mentioned in my last post... I think I feel like the salmon... hmmm but the chicken sounds yum.... hmmmm but salmon is so lovely and rice would be a real treat..... hmmmm but the chicken salad is a salad so bound to make me skinny.... hmmmm but the salad prob has fatty dressing on it.... hmmmm but fatty dressings are yum.... haha this is the conversation I've been having with myself!!!

I'll update you later, let you know what I had... :D

Just back from the gym... apologies if you can smell me from here :eek:

Rower 1000m, crosstrainer 15mins, bike 15km..... according to the machines I'm burning around 600 cal per gym session... is that good? I've no idea :eek:

I got curious about how many calories make up a lb of fat... as in, how much of a calories deficit do you need to have in order to burn off a lb... 3500 cal = 1lb :eek: That shocked me... made me realise how tough weight loss really is (as if the gym wasn't showing me that already!).... you need to burn off 500 cals more than you consume per day just to lose a pound :eek::eek::eek::eek::

Still, I've promised myself I'm going to do this... not for anyone else, just for me. That's how I know I'm going to succeed, I'm doing it for the right reasons. :)

Have a lovely day everyone.... one day closer to WI ;)

Just a quick post... dinner plans got messed up, ended up going elsewhere and the only thing on the menu that I would eat was Nasi Goreng.... So I thought ok, it's not the end of world.... Ordered... laughed when it arrived...

I had specifically said, no shrimp.... a bucket (it was HUGE) of rice arrives, some chicken in it, finely diced shrimp, a fried egg on top and laced with chilli sauce...

Problem solved... YUCK I won't eat that... I picked at some of the rice that was untarnished by the chilli sauce, egg and shrimp... I'd say I ate about 1/4 of it max.... WOOOOOO no messing up my diet ;)

what a pity original plans got changed! Still you certainly didn't wreck your diet, but you must have been starving! :) I wouldn't have ate it either, i do enjoy most fish, but not shrimps or prawns!..and the fried egg would have been a big no no :)

Have a great weekend OTW

aww what a shame about the meal oh weell atleast you didnt mess your hard work up hun :) have a great weekend xx

hiya,
im a newbie and just read through your post!.. i really hope you manage to achieve your goal,s.. your diary is truly inspirational!
i look forward to tracking your progress!
sam...
..x

Hi OTW, just thought I would stop by and say thank you for your diary, it's an inspiration! I'll be stalking you from now on, is that ok? lol xx

evening everyone :D

hope everyone is looking forward to a healthy weekend and WI next week :p

Just going to be a quick post for today....

Brekkie: bowl of muesli with no milk (im a freak... I like it crunchy!)
Lunch: 3 cream crackers with laughing cow spread
Dinner: 2 egg omelette topped with mushrooms and tomato, side salad ... yummy :)

Snacked on 2 mandarin oranges

Gym this morning... OMG I nearly died... best friend (also hottest girl in world) walks in while I'm on crosstrainer... *cringe*... I was really embarrassed for a while and trying to stop gasping while she was near me... course there was no stopping for breaks cos that'd be cringey... :eek: nearly killed myself as a result... competitive lassy I am!!

Crosstrainer: 20 mins
Rower: 4000m
Bike: 15km

:D I was WRECKED after it but felt good that I kept up with her without dying!

Well done to everyone on being so disciplined this week.... it'll be so worth it when we're the hot ones at the Christmas party this year :D:D:D

Happy Sunday ;)

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend and that the sun is shining wherever you are :)

Had a good day yesterday...

Brekkie: big bowl of chopped fruit
Lunch: brown wrap with diced pork, homemade tomato relish and a side salad
Dinner: pasta in tomato and pepper sauce

Snack: 1 fat free yogurt, and I made brownies for a friend....had half of one as a special treat and no, I don't feel guilty... it was delish!! A small treat is required occasionally.

Lesson learned yesterday... My attitude to food has really changed. I happily ate half a brown after realising that a treat is just that, a treat. Before my diet was mainly treats, and fruit on a rare occasion. I refuse to feel guilty for enjoying a little of everything.

I know I'm going to reach my goal this time... :)

I also went to the gym yesterday (20 mins on crosstrainer, 2000m rower, 10km on bike) Between gym and being out and about shopping, I reckon I burnt off a lot of calories.

I'm looking forward to WI... it's going to be another good day ;)

You are doing well and i love the positive attitude and determination :)

i too had a treat filled diet..more treats than anything else methinks!

yay..bring on those christmas nights out and special 'dressed up' occasions :)

Well done on keeping up when friend appeared at the gym..i probably would have needed a paramedic by the end of it!

Back