New healthy hot me :-)

{hugs} I know you don't really like talking about your treatment hun, but was just wondering how long it is for?

I hope everything becomes more bearable for you, you are such a strong woman and you are in my thoughts.

Well done for losing weight, it doesn't matter what number it comes up as you are losing and when things are back to some sort of normality, i bet you have a huge loss one week, that will blow your socks off!!!

Take extra special care, i look forward to your next post :D

Hi losers ;)

It's been a while since I posted, my treatment is tough going so I've been resting as much as possible.

I read somewhere about oxygen therapy, basically exercising so the deep breathing inhales more oxygen than usual. Cancerous cells cannot survive in an oxygenated environment so regardless of how I feel, I drag myself to the gym every single day. It can't hurt right?!!

I'm having trouble keeping anything down, so eating little bits now and again. Kiwis and special k bars seem kind to my stomach. I'm still trying to have my nightly salad, I inevitably end up puking, but I'm hoping the length of time I keep it down for is benefiting my body a little.

I kept note of my weight losses for the last few weeks, I'm at 4 stone 8.4lb gone forever and ever :p

I can't believe it....I guess I feel like my weight loss journey is something I can control at the moment...I may be a little bit obsessed :eek:

I have size 18 jeans that I wasn't wearing because they were a little tight, so I've still been wearing size 20. I reckon the 18s fit me comfortably so I may be looking for a new home for the 20s and smaller fitting 22s :p

The weather is getting decidedly winter-like now, it's cold so I've had to go out and buy some winter woolies in smaller sizes. My ankle boots now zip up the whole way :p I'm definitely shrinking.... so many people are commenting on my weight loss :D That combined with the shrinking clothes, well it's spurring me on to continue losing.

I'm a little scared that I still won't be small enough to wear a nice dress at Christmas :eek:

Anyway, I'm glad I logged on to update everyone... I'm off to catch up on other diaries, and then an early night :eek:

xxx

You're amazing dealing with the chemo and the weight loss at the same time.

Have you ever considered trying yoga for the oxygen therapy as well? I think they call it pranic breathing or something like that, it's mainly for meditation purposes and involves very deep breathing.

You deserve a fabulous dress for Christmas just as a reward for staying strong. Get several and wear them all and celebrate.

Even after losing weight, does anyone ever feel bigger than ever?! :-(

I haven't lost nearly as much as you otw, but I definitely have fat days and thin days. Just drag out an old photo, stick it to the mirror, and if you're feeling fat, compare the before and after. You've done brilliantly, you should be proud of yourself x

Lovely to seeyou back on here, sorry things area bit rough just now, take good care of yourself lovey :)

i definately have a wee problem with feeling and believing i am slimmer, i wear somthing and think that it looks better on than it used to, and then i wear something else and feel enormous again??? you are not alone.

I am going to have to buy a belt for some lovely jeans i aquired recently ;)...they are loose at the waist already!!!!..ME in jeans and a belt?????...unbelievable!

keep your spirits up hun, you are doing well, i so admire you, hope you feel like posting more soon :)

OTW, you are doing brilliantly. I think you will be in a lovely dress for Christmas, no worries there. It si so good that you are exercising, despite feeling so poorly, your body will be stronger for it and you will be nice and toned as the weight comes off too.

Keep going, you are an inspiration to us all.

Evening everyone....

It's been raining constantly for the last few days, it's miserable and dark and gloomy... sometimes that weather sends me to bed, surrounded by sweets and crisps.... oh wait, no... that's the old me! A dull day isn't going to get me down, I got up, long hot shower, hospital appt, gym, grocery shopping and now waiting for my turkey,vegetable noodle casserole to cook... .smells delicious!!!!

Speaking of shopping, I'm loving pears and kiwis these days... who thought healthy food could be so yum... I bought WW mini oat choc chip and orange cookies.. individual bags with 8 mini cookies and all for the bargain of 87 calories :D They taste delicious and it's simple portion control so I don't eat 10 full size bikkies :eek: It feels like I'm treating myself, but they're pretty sinless :p

So WI today... 3.4lb gone forever ;) I'm thrilled... well on my way to a fabulous dress for Christmas... I'm nearly at 5 stone so I know I can reach my goal....

Today's food diary...
Brekkie: apple and strawberries
Lunch: 1/2 bowl of veg soup
Dinner: turkey, veg and noodle casserole.... yummy ;)

Chat soon xxx

So WI today... 3.4lb gone forever ;) I'm thrilled... well on my way to a fabulous dress for Christmas... I'm nearly at 5 stone so I know I can reach my goal....

Today's food diary...
Brekkie: apple and strawberries
Lunch: 1/2 bowl of veg soup
Dinner: turkey, veg and noodle casserole.... yummy ;)

Chat soon xxx

congrats on the loss :D:D hope you reach your goal, you deserve it!! x

Wow you have done so well! And only since May?! I really hope I can have similar results to you in that sort of time frame. A massive well done, you must be so proud of yourself! :) xx

Ok so today was such a good day! I was waiting in chemist for my prescription and decided to have a wander around the shops... spotted a nice dress... thought hmmm ok I'll give it a go.... as per usual reaching to back of rail and taking the biggest size they have (18 in this case)... so I go into changing room, try it on, it zips up and I grinned like I'd won the euromillions... as I leave the changing room, I asked a sales assistant if they had the same dress in purple in 18, she comes back with purple dress and says the dress you tried on was a 16 :D:D:D:D:D:D I'd mistakenly taken a 16, thinking it was 18, and it fit! I'm seriously thrilled... it's very flattering and I know in a few weeks when I'm wearing it, I'll be even more toned... if I need to get it taken in, that's money I'll happily spend!!! Pic of the dress... it's more purple than it looks in the photo.
10401362_Aubergine_lightboxmodel.jpg

I think I needed the boost, so really glad I tried it on.

I hope everyone else is having a good day too. I was in gym this morning, giving it socks....Christmas is a huge motivator for me, I'm working really hard on my upper arms as they're looking a bit saggy....8weeks ish to get them more toned, that's possible right?!

Food diary for today...
Brekkie: an apple and orange
Lunch: small bowl of veg soup
Dinner: homemade breaded chicken goujons with wholewheat pasta in tomato and veg sauce

I'm still grinning after my day.... I think I should go back and buy it.....

That dress is stunning! May I ask where it is from? :D May invest in it myself! Really good news about the size 16, I cant imagine how you felt... glad you're feeling really happy :) It'll look amazing on and imagine how great youll feel in it knowing how great you've done! Btw, your menu looks lush today xx

Thanks Linz, the dress is gorgeous... I'm so looking forward to wearing it now. It's from A Wear only €60... I'm not sure you've A Wear in the UK? Ebony Chiffon Cutwork Dress at A|wear

As for the cereal bars, those special k ones have a layer of chocolate and they're delish. Perfect for a snack, it's only 80 calories... so worth it :)

Wow youve had some great loss and youve kept it up! How do you do it? Ive read your first couple posts and youve done amazing. Its great that you could get yourself up and at it even after so much :D have you kept up the same routines and stuff or have you changed diets and everything? Lol sry im being nosy

Wow youve had some great loss and youve kept it up! How do you do it? Ive read your first couple posts and youve done amazing. Its great that you could get yourself up and at it even after so much :D have you kept up the same routines and stuff or have you changed diets and everything? Lol sry im being nosy

Honestly? I think it's down to exercise. Obviously I'm eating sensibly, but I really think getting active will speed up weight loss and keep you toned in the meantime. I was a comfort eater, so maybe the endorphines from exercise stop me getting down...

Speaking of toned, I'm looking for shapewear just to smooth out lumps and bumps on my tummy...preferably ones that I can wear stockings with... does anyone know where I'd get such a thing?

:) kool thank you. I do all my exercise at home, maybe when I get feeling better about mayself and a bit less shy I might go to the gym.. we shall see :D.
How many days a week do you workout?

Morning everyone....

No I didn't buy the dress...for that exact reason... what if it's too big by Christmas?!!!! :p I'm half thinking of going back, buying the 14 and the 16, they have a 28 day returns policy so I can bring whichever one I won't be wearing back. I'll have a fair idea in 4 weeks... I'm worried the dress will be sold out if I don't buy it now! :( But on a happy note.... I could be in a 14 at Christmas :eek:

Mrs Payne, I go to the gym every day... it lifts my mood and keeps me focused. Mind you, I'm on sick leave at the moment, so I don't expect to be going everyday once I get back to work full time. I totally understand the worry that people will judge you....but so what, judgemental types are the worst in my opinion.... ignore them, and be proud that you're doing this for you :)

I'll be back later.....gym time....;)

Ps. The 16 zipped up without any struggle, it fits well..... is it really likely that I could go to 14 that quickly? :eek:

I tried on a pair of trousers in 24 last night.... it was so funny, they won't stay up at all. I'm in 18/20 depending on the jeans... I actually can't believe I was so big when I hold them up :eek:

Onwards and downwards....

Back