new HEALTHY me

losemenow

Ok guys i am starting my new years resolution early this year in a bid to enjoy my christmas in a way that does not revolve around food and thus make me feel fat, overfed and insecure during the holiday season. tomorrow i start my new diary in a bid to keep me on track as a means of a new healthy lifestyle, as i adapt a new lifestyle where i eat to keep myself energised, healthy and full, and not just for the sake of it.

wish me luck x

ok day one of low fat, low carbs, hig protein fruit and veg, low salt diet.

breakfast

small banana 110
yoghurt 99
honey 50
bran and flaxseed- 0
ham 110

soup 0
dates 238

orange juice 50

nuts 300

fish 143
prawns 100
veg 0

1200 :)

very good day except for too many dates, nuts and ham but overall good start x

Last edited:
ok day one of low saturated fat, low carbs, high protein fruit and veg, low salt diet.

breakfast

small banana 110
yoghurt 99
honey 50
bran and flaxseed- 0
ham 110

soup 0
dates 238

orange juice 50

nuts 900- bag of cashews with tv

fish 143
prawns 100
veg 0

ok given the week ive had foodwise its amazing but honestly too high in calories with toomany dates, nuts and ham but overall good start. i dont count veg and bran and flaxseed cos im trying to encourage myself to eat loads of veg x

ok so head ache is diminishing and energy is returnin. aiming for about 1200 cals today as went a bit mad yesterday with the aul cashew nuts.

woke up starved so had

banana large - 160
bran and flaxseed
teaspoon of honey- 50
tea with honey- 50

also 2 slices of spelt toast- very small each about 60 calories each with about 40 cals of speard on it.

360- :)

lunch- 2 slices of spelt- 160
soup- 240
dates- 140

noooooooooo i had a few sweets. friend bought huge bag of pick n mix and had like 4 jelly babies, 3 butter scotch and a few little dolly mixture thingys... :( oh god will power come back! im soooo annoyed- 200- prob less but wanna cover myself

im not having alcohol tonight

dinner was roasted veg no oiland a few oven baked chicken wings

id say im prob up to 1600 today. tomorrow to fri will defo be 1000- 1200

will also drink 2 more litres of water AND do an hour of exercise tonight.

smacks on hand.

Last edited:
Monday 14th December 2009

Ok so day one of the new me hopefully.

good day so far, headaches a little but eyes are brighter and energy is up a bit. nose isnt as runny either.

off all sugars even natural for 7 days to kick start the system back into gear.

today is going well.

Breakfast
Natural yoghurt with bran and flaxseed 83 calories for yoghurt

Lunch
2 grated beetroots, apple cider vinegar and small can of tuna in brine drained.
64 cals for tuna

Munchies over the day
100g organic raw cashew nuts- 620

Dinner
king prawns 75
roasted mushrooms pepper and onion with balsamic vinegar. taste of pepper sauce my mom and dad had

Treat- 4 onion rings oven baked- 240 to be safe

1082 calories then plus veg! so pretty happy with that x

Last edited:
Tuesday 15th december 2009

Day two apart from me having a bad kidney infection and therefore being absolutely wrecked and asleep by 8.30 at night with no exercise done!!! :( but overall food wise its good and do feel better. also bloating gone down

Breakfast

pot of yoghurt flaxseed and bran

Lunch

large chips and grated beetroot and apple cider vinegar

Dinner

two tablespoons of tomato risotto and three slices of ham but got sick shortly afterwards so think its fair to say most of todays food has went threw me by now)

Last edited:
Wednesday 16th December 2009

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i have a gastric tummy viral bug! so in the words of the doctor- jelly, mashed banana and dry toast for the next two days!

just had four slices and a half of spelt toast and really really regret it. dont think ill be eating for the day! defo taking it easy over xmas. has one choc rich tea biscuit and regret it big time. ughhhhhh. :(

ok so meds kicked in and was starved. had two slices of spelt bread and 2 and a half small boiled potatoes and a fork ful of chicken kiev like as in an inch! im so bad. shouldnt touch any of it. feeling ok its a catch 22 when i eat cos it can make me feel sick but then hunger can make me feel weak so ive stuck to plain foods pretty much.

in total today reckon there was 750 for bread and butter and about 150/200 for potatoes so that with two cups of tea with some sugar prob in or around the 950 mark.

feeling much better. tomorrow is bread soup and jelly! and no 7up free just water. gonna stick to doc orders but gonna try be healthy. the joys i actually miss my veg and prawns :(

Last edited:
today sticking tio jelly and DRY toast and someone suggested some chicken. pains last night werent worth food.

bought some sugar free jelly today to make tonight but lived on pots all day. had 340 cals of jelly but feel a bit full of sugar

and had two and a half slices of dry toast so 250 cals

dinner two slices of toast 200 and piece of chicken kiev 100 and some steamed chicken breast 120

id say around the 1000 mark again.

Last edited:
ok so think im over the bug except to make this bloody week work and to make my stomach even worse I got my time of month this week. i have pcos so this i dont know when i get it as they are irregular. anyway yeah. sick of bread and jelly. and today had a bar of choc and 4 digestives. but only had one bar and didnt tear into anything else. mom had gralic bread and pizza for dinner and i said no so im quite proud.

anyway

breakfast was two slices spelt bread and jelly 280cals

lunch two small fruit scones no butter and fruit all picked out- 300

dinner was three slices spelt bread and spread- 400

4 digestive- 236

bar- 295

bite (as in bite) of cake

coffee with sugar- 50

3 fruit pastilles- 40

around 1650!

gonna stick to simple foods for the rest of the week. dont think choc was a smart move for the stomach and sick of bread as ive given it up and this week it was pretty much all i could stomach.

gonna try for
banana for brekkie
soup for lunch
chicken and veg and maybe some potato for dinner

plain foods.

ok so today thought i felt well but alas no. breakfast was two small as in very small end of the loaf slices of spelt with spread- 200 total with spread

chips with a tiny piece of mayonnaise- 800 to keep safe

3 rolos and some jellies- 200

2 digestives- 118

DYING think im not giving enough time to my system to heal but working in a really cold store room in a flower shop and am sick of bread and jelly but think until xmas day gonna do

sugarfree jelly for breakfast

spelt toast for lunch DRY

soup for dinner

im over being sick

Last edited:
feeling much better! finished meds on tuesday. now to get through this week successfully without binging on xmas day! has some sticky toffee pudding and 3 minstrels today! am couting this week out seeing as i wasnt allowed eat much veg and fruit and yoghurts and therefore made eating healthily quite difficult.

new years resolution is to stop yoyoing and just cut the dairy, refined sugar and gluten out. i believe im 85% of the way there with it and that for the new year i will reach 100%.

for the next four days my menu is

organic natural yoghurt with bran, banana and flaxseed. small glass orange juice

homemade veg soup

king prawns and roasted vegtables.

four complexes to be done this week, one each night.

menu for christmas day is as follows

yoghurt, bran and banana and flaxseed.

christmas dinner

i hate pudding and trifle.

NO CHOCOLATE.

hi losemenow :)
your diary was an interesting read. maybe theres a few suggestions i can make...hope you don't mind..maybe instead of planning ahead so thoroughly and setting yourself such restrictive, harsh food targets, maybe concentrate on making healthy choices at each meal time. this needs to be a lifestyle change because once you lose the weight you will want to stay at that weight...its not just a case of eating celery until youre thin then being able to eat cake and biscuits again. im definitely sure you probably know this anyway though. just dont beat yourself up if you have one or two sweeties or a piece of chocolate occasionally. you're only human - we all crave sugar sometimes! take each day as it comes :) good luck xxx

hi losemenow :)
your diary was an interesting read. maybe theres a few suggestions i can make...hope you don't mind..maybe instead of planning ahead so thoroughly and setting yourself such restrictive, harsh food targets, maybe concentrate on making healthy choices at each meal time. this needs to be a lifestyle change because once you lose the weight you will want to stay at that weight...its not just a case of eating celery until youre thin then being able to eat cake and biscuits again. im definitely sure you probably know this anyway though. just dont beat yourself up if you have one or two sweeties or a piece of chocolate occasionally. you're only human - we all crave sugar sometimes! take each day as it comes :) good luck xxx

solid advice chick. thanks a million i know what your saying is very true! i will try and keep this in mind. i suppose ive come so far and am down to the last one and a half/ two stone of 7 that i am scared of going backwards. xxx

today has been a good day.

had a glass of orange juice for bk 115

wanted something hot so resisted the sausage rolls and jambon that were on offer today at work and had a cully and sully chicken hot pot (gluten free) for lunch 332

snacks all day- 100g dried dates- 272

dinner- family has steak baguettes and chips so i had a small bit of peppered onions and mushrooms with sauce was made with no milk. but my own dinner was 9 king prawns, my own portion stirfry including mushrooms, onions, peppers and courgettes in balsamic vinegar. and a bit of brocolli

all in all reckon today was under the 1000 mark

Last edited:
oh i definitely understand how you dont want to go back where you came from but I think if you get the balance right then its completely achievable to maintain and even lose some more. glad today has been a positive day for you :) lets wish for another one tomorrow!
and wow - i didnt realise you had lost so much weight so far - well done...gues i should have lookd at your signature underneath though haha

yeah i think new year now ill really go for getting a good balance. to be honest tho i feel better when off sugar and off gluten and cutting down on dairy always have done. anyway wanna gte down to 10 and a half stone for april. :D gonna work hard and really need to work on the exercise and shift the tummy. im luck cos i cary no weight from my hips down :)

Last edited:
half healthy half unhealthy day today.bit too carby but did alot of strenous work today so needed the fuel.

skipped brekki which was a big nono but was in a rush.

had some dates over the day. 272

work got chocolate for tea break and had two eclair sweets and a nibble of a scack bar and then some chocs - 300 cals eeeek.

curry no rice- 332

two medium fruit scones and a bit of spread- 600 calories

quavers- 170

choc- 240

between 1900 and 1950 today and did a lot of exercise so not to bad.

Last edited:
ok so yesterday wasnt a great day but given that i worked from 9 am to 11.45 pm (my parents run a business and christmas is a peak time) i was up and down a stairs and doing heavy strenous work all day

no breakfast.

a small bit of a plain sugar donught 100

a packet of velvet crunch crunch 80

snack bar 180

curry gluten free 332

sheperds pie two portions 1200

prob did about 2000 calories yesterday

and today wasnt amazing but hectic day at work again

two pack of quavers- 180

half danish- 200

sweets- was picking all day but didnt have choc was around id imagine might be being harsh but better to be safe than sorry450

dinner was tough. there was a feast of finger food at my sisters but i didnt have a huge amount. had some wedges like a bare handful, mini prawns things, two goiujons and a 5 mini spring rolls had a sliver of lemon pie and a bite of biscuit cake along with three LIGHT like really light wafer thin ginger biscuits. didnt have mulled wine or any of the chocs on offer after mass so all in all im happy enuf. i normally pig xmas eve. prob ate over around 2200 calories today. will go for walk tomorrow :D

Last edited:
ok so all in all xmas was ok food wise. not healthy to be fair especially the alcohol amounts BUT much better than every other year so am happy out!
starting my new years resolution tomorrow. well am doing a three day detox to give the liver a break before new years eve.

anyway this new year im gonna attempt the serious lifestyle change ive been aiming for and doing well enough with for the past year that is cutting out

refined sugar
gluten
and all dairy bar natural yoghurt and small amounts of milk e.g. tea

so tomorrow is THE day. im a just over a stone and a half off my goal weight so it doesnt seem that far away!

Back