New here - advice please

fridaygirl

Well pill no.5 has been popped - but now panicking as I have to go to work tomorrow - and need to plan what I will take with me.

I am office based but spend more time out of the office on home visits etc than I do in the office.
Historically it has been easy for me to stop at a shop and buy a sandwich, crisps, chocolate and any other crap I fancy. So I want to take lots of nibbley things to stop me from buying anything.
I don't mind having salad for lunch, but what sort of salad.... tuna (in spring water) or chicken may be boring after a while!
I thought perhaps I could make some soup and take it in a flask.
I don't mind some fruit or chopped up veg as snacks - but I know I will crave something carby like crisps....I don't want to fail on day 3 by nipping in a shop!

I went shopping today but roamed around mindlessly - not really sure what to buy....Im sounding a bit wingey now.... I just want to succeed this time and want to prevent any slip ups this early on.

Any advice gratefully received x

Hi, I am in a similar position to you, workwise.. I never know what I am going to be doing until I arrive in the morning and I spend a lot of my time out in residential homes.. Organisation is the key - I always make sure I have some cup-a-soups in my bag so as a last rest I can just ask for a cup and some boiling water! But I try to take fresh soup or buy a sandwhich in advance (do this when you're not hungry) - co-op do sme really good low fat ones - their wraps are particulalry good - you can also do the meal deal which includes a little pot of fuit and a drink. Sainsburys and Tesco's do light ranges too (in fact I think most shops do). When I first started I found snack-a-jacks (the caramel ones are the only pack truly within the rules) were great for carb cravings. My best tip now is to carry extra strong mints - whenever I get the urge for something naughty I suck one of those and I can't taste anything for 10 minutes, by which time the thought has gone :). I tend to go through phases with lunch choices - changing to something different when I get bored. But not being prepared is a recipe for disaster as far as I'm concerned!

Hope that helps, xx

Don't forget pretzels. The plain ones tend to be wothin the rules but the flavoured ones quite high. That should stop a carb craving. Marks and Spencer's do count in us crisp in the rules which are nice as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Don't forget pretzels. The plain ones tend to be wothin the rules but the flavoured ones quite high. That should stop a carb craving. Marks and Spencer's do count in us crisp in the rules which are nice as well.

Mmmm, forgot about pretzels - I'm going to have to get some now - M&S do nice little packs (about 100 cals) which are good for portion control! x

hi and good luck with your xenical journey :D

You will be fine once you stick to the 5% rule :D

If you like crisps, weight watchers do there own version of hula hoops which are not too bad and tesco do light choices potato thins!

Soups is a great idea to take especially now its getting cold, so warm and filling!!

hi and good luck with your xenical journey :D

You will be fine once you stick to the 5% rule :D

If you like crisps, weight watchers do there own version of hula hoops which are not too bad and tesco do light choices potato thins!

Soups is a great idea to take especially now its getting cold, so warm and filling!!

they do the weight watchers crisps etc in poundland, much cheaper than in tesco :)

The weight watchers ones are still high in fat grams though Rachel.

Back