New here and need help :(

florakitty

Hi everyone! I'm new here, started Exante on Wednesday and so far have lost 5lbs. I haven't succumbed to temptation once this weekend which has been hard but I'm proud of myself for not doing it!
Ok...this is the problem. On Saturday night I'm out for a meal with work colleagues. We're going to La Tasca and I'm vegetarian. I can avoid drinking and desserts but I'm going to have to eat during the main. Any ideas what i can eat without damaging my weight loss too much? I'm getting so worked up about it. Also do you think that one meal out will spoil all my good work so far? I'm dreading it :(

I guess trying to stick to a salad would be the best thing to do. If you weren't a vege you could have had fish or chicken. I'm vege too so I'd have trouble eating out.

Just try and stay away from the carbs.

Hi FLorakitty
I'm no expert as I'm not starting the diet until Tuesday but as far as I know if you
stick to mainly veg and no potatoes,rice,pasta etc etc you shouldn't
do your diet too much harm.
I think it's carbs you need to avoid.
I hope that helps a little but im sure someone with more knowledge than me will reply to your message soon.
Good luck and well done fir what you've done so far.
Regards
Martin

Look at the online menu and maybe just choose a couple of tapas dishes to pick at. They do loads of ones which are just veggies, and they'll be fine. Have a shake just before you go so you feel full, they also do some good salads too.

Hope you have a good time.

Hi, stick with salads, like the others say, and remember, you don't have to finish everything on your plate, feel proud for eating healthily, look forward to the chat and the company rather than dreading the food x

Thanks everyone. I've had a look at the menu online but it is so confusing trying to work out the carbs of all the ingredients. There's a mushroom dish (good!) but they're cooked in white wine (bad!) so it's a matter of weighing up the lesser of 2 evils. I think I'll just stop stressing and make sure I drink loads of fizzy water to fill up xx

Back