New Here! Looking for advice!

firstprincess

Hi!

I've always been a size 10-12. Had my daughter 2 years ago and since... well and truly let myself go. Im so unhappy. Weighed myself yesterday and was horrified! 16 Stones 3 Lbs!!!! And thats 2 weeks into Slimming world. I hate it. I now eat too much, cant stop, love junk and i've tried diet after diet and i just cant stick to it. Its hard with all the food about. I'd like to get down to 10st... I know.... Lots to lose. Cant imagine waiting a year or more to lose it. I'd also like to have another baby next year and dont want to be this size *sigh*

So im thinking Exante Total might be the way forward. Does it work quickly? Is it hard after the fast few days? Any tips? Criticisms? Does it sound like the diet for me?

Any help, tips and support appreciated. All sounding good i'll order my first packs late next week - awaiting new bank card! Booo!

xxx

Her first princess.

I'm in a similar situation. Had my daughter in December and by the end of my pregnancy I weighed in at a whopping 16st6! I'm usually around 8-10 stones depending how good the living has been so it was a massive increase for me.

I'm getting married September 1st and so obviously wanted to lose the weight but wasn't worried as I've always done very well with no carbs. I started doing that and exercise 4th January and managed to get to 11.9 two and a half weeks ago but I'd hit a plateau and had been 11.9-12 for 2 months. No amount of Excercise and diet wa making any impact so I went onto Exante (a friend had done Lipotrim but it's miles to he nearest pharmacy).

That was 19 days ago and I've lost 14! It's Antarctic as although I've still got a way to go to my goal, I feel like I'm on the right side of it now. I have 2.5 stone to lose as opposed to 3.5 and so it seems much more manageable. I have 5 and. Bit weeks until my sister in laws wedding and would LOVE to be 9st7 by then. If I am, I might go on to working solution for the final 6 weeks before my wedding as as much as I'd like to be 8st4, I'd feel very happy with 9 something!

For me it's the perfect diet, yes it's hard at times but rather than stepping on the scales to discover I've put a pound on and agonising over where I went wrong on a diet of meat and salad, I know that if I do this, I'll lose weight. Some weeks may be smaller than others but it's better than the half pound I was losing so weeks before! It's a no brainer and so in that way, it's easy peasy. As long as you keep you determination and willpower up, you'll breeze it and we'e always here for support.

L xox

Hi,im 5 days in and have lost 6 pounds so far, it works quite quick however im not sure but it probably wrecks your metabolism so hard to keep it off. its ultimatly your descision but possibly its good to use to boost yourself by losing a couple of stone, then moving onto a healthy sustainable diet! xxxxxxxxxxxx

Loucille, that was really helpful and insightful , great that it bust you out of a plateau like that

will be my year, for sure does it wreck your metabolism?? I read some of the maintainers threads before purchasing it (due to start Monday) and resigned that aslong as you reeducate and change your lifestyle (low card) you'll be fine - have I missed something? Do people frequently regain??? (am worried now)

Loucille, that was really helpful and insightful , great that it bust you out of a plateau like that will be my year, for sure does it wreck your metabolism?? I read some of the maintainers threads before purchasing it (due to start Monday) and resigned that aslong as you reeducate and change your lifestyle (low card) you'll be fine - have I missed something? Do people frequently regain??? (am worried now)
My sister did cambridge 3 years ago and didnt. Because you 'wean' yourself onto foods by dropping one shake etc you dont go crazy... she's stayed well within her target (7lbs on at most - and falls back off) and eats about 1800 cals a day. And does 20 mins excercise daily..... I think its unrealistic to think weight will fall off and stay off if you dont change your eating habits/qty's at all when you go back to food. Flubster i'll be starting as soon as my new bank card arrives and i can order so we'll be on the same journey! xxx

I think, like anything, it depends on your attitude/determination. I'm mentally prepared to probably bounce back up some simply by starting to consume again but I plan on sticking to a low carb diet and even going through the stages I working solution and on to reintroduce it gradually. I'll allow myself a little bit on but will quickly get it in check if it reaches 4lb simply because I really, really don't want to be fat!

My friend did lipotrim and kept the weight off (all 7st of it) by eating healthy and exercising regularly. Remember maintaining ain't quote as hard as losing cause you don't have to expel more than you consume!

L xox

I agree with Loucille, if you go back to your old eating habits then of course you will regain-that has absolutely nothing to do with metabolism!! If you follow the diet properly to your goal and follow the suggested "re-feed" programme exante suggests (or CD or slim & save) then you will gradually re-introduce carbs and not suddenly bombard your body!! :) why not have a look at the maintainers section on here, they may be able to give you further advice (I was once a maintainer but then I had a baby & gained 6 stone while pregnant lol!!)

Back