New here & to sw & despondent

AliDee

I joined slimming world 2 weeks ago and have had 2 weigh ins. For my first I'd only been on plan for two days and lost 2lb so I was really pleased. For the past week I've stuck to plan, ate more fruit and veggies than I've ever done, no fizzy drinks, no junk food, no alcohol, and I only lost 1.5lbs. I exercised every day (walking and/or gym)

I weigh 14st 1lb and at 5'5" so I've got a lot to lose. I read everywhere people with lots to lose tend to do better in the first weeks but i feel like I've really tried and my results were cr*p. I know I have to keep at it and not give up at the first hurdle but at the moment it seems like a lot of hard work with very little result and even less pleasure.

Am I one of those people who just won't thrive on sw?

Hiya!

Please don't get disheartened and keep going. Losing big amounts is not always the best way to do it, smaller amounts tend to stay off longer.

Reading what you've said (this may sound crazy) but exercise can make a difference on the scales. Although you may not be losing pounds you will be losing inches. Take your measurements also as you may find you are losing inches so are slimming down just the scales may not always show. I have been there trust me. There was weeks I lost nothing but my measurements kept going down and I looked so much better. I now just go for a walk each day for 1hr 30mins and find this works xx

Yeah like racht said, muscle is denser than fat so if you're exercising you may not see much of a change scales-wise but it will be making a difference. Get all your measurements written down and go from there. Also when my mom did slimming world she ate pretty much exactly the same foods every week, but some weeks lost 2-3lbs, some weeks 0.5lb! Sometimes I think it just depends how your body is feeling at the time lol.

Your results aren't crap! You've only been doing it 2 weeks and you've lost 3 1/2 lbs. That's pretty good going in my book. There could be a few things going on here. 1) you could be a slow loser. This happens, I'm one of those. No matter what I do, I lose 1lb a week. But at least I lose! 2) you might not be drinking enough water, or eating enough food to fuel your exercising. 3) You may be losing inches but the weight not showing up on the scales.

Think positive, stick with it and eventually the scales will catch up

Completely agree with the above you are doing fantastic so don't beat yourself up! A loss is a loss and just goggle what 1lb of fat looks like, it is surprising.

I am a fairly slow loser. I have figured out the reason for mine. I do 2 different shifts at work. When I do a 9.30am until 6pm I only lose 1lb but when I'm on an early which is 6.30am until 3pm I lose 3-4. I think it's all to do with getting up early and starting that metabolism going with me xxx

Back