• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

New here with a question?

Hello everyone. I've been plucking up the courage to post here for about 2 weeks now...lol

I'm Sam and I weight in at 18stone 11lbs. It was 20 stone but I managed to lose some from just cutting back on junk and eatting healthy.

I've now joined a gym and have started swimming so I exercise everyday for at least 30 minutes but boy its hard...lol

Right my question is, is there anyway to do a vlcd on the NHS. There is no way I can afford to do one but I would really like to try one. I have 3 children and a husband to feed so its not going to cut back on my food bill iykwim so I just wondered if there was a cheaper alternative. If not guess I'll just stick to my rice cakes..haha

Thanks all :eek:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

DQ

Queen of the Damned
Hi Sam

The closest you would get to that would be following Lipotrim which is through a pharmacist, but even that comes to £36 per week. It sounds like you are doing really well with what you are already following - if it ain't broke, why fix it?! :)

Thanks DQ. I think that I'm just finding this such slow going. Its taken me 2 months to lose that weight and after reading stories on here and seeing everyone amazing photos (yours included!) I just wanted to speed it along a bit I guess...lol

abz

Gold Member
hi sam. i don't know the answer to your question i'm afraid. i just wanted to say howdy and say that your loss so far is a massive achievement. nothing to be sniffed at. well done :D :D :D

abz xx

BREN

is going to loose!
S: 83kg C: 80.8kg G: 72kg BMI: 27.9 Loss: 2.2kg(2.68%)
Sam

Hi, perhaps try calorie counting about 1400 cals a day and 4 x 30mins of exercise a week. This way you will be able to eat what your family is eating.

I agree if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Best of luck

Brenda
X

dehli

Silver Member
S: 13st9lb C: 12st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 29.3 Loss: 1st6lb(10.47%)
I don't think you'd get anything like that on the nhs, but some surgeries do a weight loss clinic, ask your doctor. They'd give advice on healthy low fat eating.

Hi Sam,

How about doing Cambridge, but one of the 810 plans or something? You'd have to consult someone about the CD+food plan, but it would probably work out a bit more affordable for you. If not, try a low carbohydrate (chicken, salad, veg etc.) diet that wya you and your family can eat and you'll have good results as you'll be in ketosis.

I admire you for going to the gym 1) at 18st .. I read so many stories on here about folks being to shy to enter a gym 2) losing the weight on your own. You are a star!

xxxxxxx

Thanks everyone. I have joined a women only gym so that makes it a million times easier and the women there are mainly just your average lady so not a perfect size 8 with a full face of make up on etc...lol so that makes it a lot less intimadating.

I am already under the weight loss clinic at the doctors but all they did was weigh me and measure me then tell me to start eating healthier...:( but I'm back there this week so hoping for a bit more from it than that tbh.