New here with a question?

Discussion in 'WeMITTS (We Mean It This Time)' started by Sadsam, 31 May 2008 Social URL.

1. Sadsam

Sadsam Member

Hello everyone. I've been plucking up the courage to post here for about 2 weeks now...lol

I'm Sam and I weight in at 18stone 11lbs. It was 20 stone but I managed to lose some from just cutting back on junk and eatting healthy.

I've now joined a gym and have started swimming so I exercise everyday for at least 30 minutes but boy its hard...lol

Right my question is, is there anyway to do a vlcd on the NHS. There is no way I can afford to do one but I would really like to try one. I have 3 children and a husband to feed so its not going to cut back on my food bill iykwim so I just wondered if there was a cheaper alternative. If not guess I'll just stick to my rice cakes..haha

Thanks all :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Hi Sam

The closest you would get to that would be following Lipotrim which is through a pharmacist, but even that comes to £36 per week. It sounds like you are doing really well with what you are already following - if it ain't broke, why fix it?! :)

4. Sadsam

Sadsam Member

Thanks DQ. I think that I'm just finding this such slow going. Its taken me 2 months to lose that weight and after reading stories on here and seeing everyone amazing photos (yours included!) I just wanted to speed it along a bit I guess...lol

5. abz

abz Gold Member

hi sam. i don't know the answer to your question i'm afraid. i just wanted to say howdy and say that your loss so far is a massive achievement. nothing to be sniffed at. well done :D :D :D

abz xx

6. BREN

BREN is going to loose!

Start Weight:
    83kg
    Current Weight:
    80.8kg
    Goal Weight:
    72kg
    Lost(%):
    2.2kg(2.68%)
    Diet:
    CALORIE COUNTING :)
    Sam

Hi, perhaps try calorie counting about 1400 cals a day and 4 x 30mins of exercise a week. This way you will be able to eat what your family is eating.

I agree if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Best of luck

Brenda
    X

7. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I don't think you'd get anything like that on the nhs, but some surgeries do a weight loss clinic, ask your doctor. They'd give advice on healthy low fat eating.

8. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

Hi Sam,

How about doing Cambridge, but one of the 810 plans or something? You'd have to consult someone about the CD+food plan, but it would probably work out a bit more affordable for you. If not, try a low carbohydrate (chicken, salad, veg etc.) diet that wya you and your family can eat and you'll have good results as you'll be in ketosis.

I admire you for going to the gym 1) at 18st .. I read so many stories on here about folks being to shy to enter a gym 2) losing the weight on your own. You are a star!

xxxxxxx

9. Sadsam

Sadsam Member

Thanks everyone. I have joined a women only gym so that makes it a million times easier and the women there are mainly just your average lady so not a perfect size 8 with a full face of make up on etc...lol so that makes it a lot less intimadating.

I am already under the weight loss clinic at the doctors but all they did was weigh me and measure me then tell me to start eating healthier...:( but I'm back there this week so hoping for a bit more from it than that tbh.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.