New Here

Hello everyone my name is Casey and I am 29 and a mother of two amazing boys. I just started the cambridge diet this morning. Not eating will not be a issue for me my proplem is pop :mad:. I must admit that these shakes taste like i am chewing on chalk.
I know i can do this. 9 months ago i weighed 198 and with WW I am down to 165 :D. But would like to be at 140-145 so i am trying this to help get these last pounds off. Please any advice would be great i need someone to kick me in the butt if i start slacking (this is where i hope you guys come in). I do not have much support at home because my future hubby says i already look amazing and that i am being silly. SO i am coming here for help.

Welcome Casey and congrats on the good results with WW, I'm sure you'll get those last pounds off in no time. You get used to the taste of the shakes, just try out all the different flavours, there's bound to be some that you will like. x

HI, and we're here to help and motivate xx

Thank you very much i will need it with all the summer parties coming up. I hoping seems how the amount i want to lose is a small amount for this diet it will come off fast. Than i just have to figure out how to maintain it.

Hey, when are you getting married? There are a few of us dieting for our weddings, which is always a big motivator :) I need to get into my dress (to order it) in September, so that's my motivation.

Some of the shakes aren't very nice and some are lovely. How are you making them, as they can taste chalky if you don't use enough water. You don't have to use the amounts it says on the back. I make my choc mint hot in a pint glass. All adds to the water too.

Choc tetras are gorgeous, but it's personal choice - sure some people won't like them. I am addicted lol. Some people have them warm diluted with a bit of water.

You can also add herbs and spices to the soup - I used to add curry powder to the leek and potato. Just make sure the spices are pure and not made up with salt.

Drink the minimum amount of water that you need, spend loads of time on here, get used to painting your nails and beautifying yourself and if all else fails and you think you'll cave, go to bed!

Hi Casey and welcome, and well done on your great loss so far. Drink your water and find something to distract you in the next few days and I'm sure you'll fly into ketosis.

I would like to say variety is the spice of life but I cannot stomach any cambridge product (bars, soups or powdered shakes) except choc tetras lol. I'll have to work out how many of them I actually drunk when I get to the end. But try everything and see how you get on.

Good luck..Sharon xx

I only have the choc tetras usually, but am working through a few choc mint ones that I have left. Otherwise it's 21 choc tetras a week for me!

I agree with adding more water, i always make them with at least 300ml otherwise i think they are salty!!!

I am also back on today, i lost my main weight with sw but then got to a point where it would not shift, cd helped me get rid of the last bit, im now back on after being silly over xmas then loosing a close relative and putting over a 1st back on :(

Good luck and take it wasy over the nest few days, it will be worth it :)

Welcome & Good Luck Xxx

Welcome to a great forum where you'll find lots of support and inspiration. Your loss so far has been great and you should find CD takes you to target in no time at all. I prefer choc mint shakes and always make them up to 350mls. Choc tetras are great but I add more water to them to make them up to 400mls - don't like them thick and they feel like a bigger "meal" with more water, lol. Good luck:)

Welcome and good luck!

I find adding ice cubes (aswel as water) and blending them makes them taste 100% better! Lovely and thick x

hey Casey

good luck :)

Back