New hope

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site.

I've had pcos since I was 18, it's got much worse as I have put on loads more weight and had given up all hope. I wanted another baby last 2 year and was trying like mad to lose weight, tried sw,ww and both went really well but my body got comfortable and then started to back fire. My consultant was horrible too, he kept just saying lose weight , lose weight. ( it's hard when you have pcos, and here he is refusing to help me until I get my bmi to 30 from 35). This year I promised I'd jus focus on myself and enjoy. Tried sw again and as before it started really well , then it back fired. I've been suggested to try lipotrim,so I'm willing to try anything to kick start my system. I'm starting tomorrow. Wish me luck.
Sorry for the long story, I feel this place will understand .

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 16, and I have had a steady weigh gain for several years. I'm now 21, married, and have been trying with my partner for two years now too. I've tried loads - and lipotrim isn't really any good lovey. Just thought I'd let you know. I'm on slimming world, and it's working for me slowly, but it is.

Maybe change doctor, find one that will help you. Or be insistent for help. I was insistent with mine, and he's now helping me. He wasn't going to at first, but the doctors have no choice really. It doesn't matter what size we are xx

Thanks Penny, I tried Sw and really stuck to; it was great at first for me but then body started to get it I guess and the carbs didnt work in my favour :). But I'll get there like you. Good luck with your weight loss. That's great news, you've found something that works.

Hi I have PCOS but had always had a very active lifestyle which kept the weight at bay, since working in an office job, I have piled on 3 stone in a year and really struggled to find anything would to shift it, I was running, cut out dairy and gluten and still couldn't shift it. Have now been in exante for 3 weeks and it really does suit me personally, I have lost over a stone and have a much better energy level which is even throughout the day (don't know about you but my PCOS always made me feel very up and down but exante has evened this out for me). The only thing that has suffered is my skin, but other than that I feel much better... Maybe consider a low carb ketogenic diet!? Good luck hope you get to where you need to be for baby time! :) x

i have PCOS too, i did slimming world last year and lost 1st8lb in just over 4 months following the diet exactly and doing excerise too. Sadly i didnt keep up with it and i gain most of it back - so starting again.

My sister has the same condition but is like a bean pole - she tried for 3 years with no luck. The doctor put her on metaformin and 3 months later she was pregnant. My beautiful nephew Keanu arrived early April by c-sec because he was breach. Maybe suggest metaformin to your doctor? xx

I was diagnosed with pcos 6 years ago, i have always been overweight but the weight become out of control, i knew i needed to do something about it, i am 23 now and have started saving money for my future, this also means getting in shape for my future, to be able to conceive etc. I tried many diets and lost weight but it would just stop and maintain at a certain level. I am now on my third week of lipotrim, many people have opinions about this diet, here is my experience so far....i have lost 20lbs in 3 weeks, my moods are much better, the dull ache i normally have in my stomach due to my pcos has subsided. I have alot more energy to go out with my friends and for walks with my partner. Our relationship is even better since i have been following this diet plan. My last period was completely normal (that never happens!!) It took me 2 months of research and reading forums to decide to start lipotrim, never rush into it, it is a very big commitment. If you do decide that lipotrim is for you Channytella, i wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing you on the lipotrim forum.

How are you getting on Chantell? How many days has it been now? The taste of the shakes gets easier, i really struggled to begin with, found them salty! Hope you are still getting on well :)

Shellyboot, I started today, I've tried to spread out my shakes so not to have that hungry feel . But my tummy is rumbling, that's a good thing isn't it

The first few days are not easy. I experienced food cravings and hunger pains for the first 4 days. But now, i have to remind myself to have a soup of a shake because i simply dont feel hungry. The water consumtion will help you with the initial hunger and rumbling stomach. If you are not used to comsuming so much water, i found using a 2 litre bottle helped me. I would refill it when it was empty, it helps me to ensure i get at least 2 litres a day. There are diaries and inspirational pictures in the lipotrim section, if you are having doubts or temptations, read someones story or look at their pics, will soon put you back in the right frame of mind. The support on this forum is second to none. We are all here to achieve the same thing :) i hope this diet helps you pcos also.

I'm going to second Shellyboot's take on things. Definitely visit the Lipotrim forum for support, they are very helpful and anytime I feel weak, I just check out others' weight losses and recommit myself. It certainly does get easier once you get past day 3 or 4 and are in ketosis. You might want to write down why you want to lose the weight and set yourself mini-goals so it doesn't seem overwhelming. I have PCOS as well and have not had the best experience with GPs and consultants so understand where you're coming from. Good luck Channytella! And Shellyboot, you're doing very well! :)

Thanks. It is! After only 2 weeks I already feel a lot better and have more energy.

Yay! That's motivating isn't it? What's your weigh-in day? I'm Thursdays. I'm staying off my scales in between weigh-ins though. I think I'd obsess too much about it esp. if I didn't see much of a loss.:eek:

Well done chantell! Thats a great loss already. I have had to stop myself weighing in the week, i ended up doing it 3 times a day and was getting far too carried away with it, couldnt stop thinking about it. Got my partner to take the battery out and hide it! :D

Last edited:
Hey I was diagnosed with pcos at 16 now I'm 26 I got bigger and bigger tried to loose weight when I was younger with slimming world but I never stayed to group and lost interest. I joined slimming world 2 years ago and I have lost 4 stone doing the extra easy days I eat a lot, I believe you need to eat to keep your metabolism going fast. The last year I have maintained my weight loss and I have done a little research on pcos and what I found is that to loose the last stone and a half I needed to make more changes, I have no started doing red days with slimming world and my weight seems to be moving again. This is due to people with pcos bodies can not break down starchy carbs as quickly as other people, so in order for me to loose the last stone and a half I need to really cut down on pasta rice and potato. Sorry about the huge story :)

Hello Harriet, thank you for sharing your story, sounds like you have had a great steady weight loss in the past few years. Im not savvy with slimming world at all, but i have been told by my doctor that people with pcos and carbs dont mix well. It sounds like a good idea to cut down on the carbs to loose your last stone. Hopefully the weight loss has helped with any nasty pcos problems you have suffered.
This forum is a great community, any questions or stories you have to share....we are all here to listen and help one another.

Back