New Kid On The Block

Hi everyone

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm touched.

Something's gone wrong with my diet, help! My weight hasn't moved since yesterday. Oh no, I've hit a plateau! Only joking.

I actually live in the famed Rhubarb Triangle, where apparently the finest rhubarb in the world is grown. So naturally, I buy mine from Farmfoods. A quid for a kilo bag. The only ingredient is rhubarb, no preservatives or anything else, can't beat it.

I don't know about the diary, my menus are pretty boring. Although I did a really nice stir-fry tonight. Strips of beef marinated in a bowl with a splash of soy, a dash of 5 spice & a slosh of sweet chilli sauce. Browned it off & added peppers, beansprouts, courgettes & spring onions.

Mark

Hi everyone.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I actually thought I'd posted a reply about an hour ago, but it's disappeared in the ether. But if it re-appears, just to let you know I'm not losing it due to hunger pangs. Me and technology don't get on, I'm a musician.

On the subject of rhubarb, I live in what's known as the Rhubarb Triangle. It's supposed to be the best in the world. So naturally I buy mine from Farmfoods. A quid for a kilo bag. No additives. The Rhubarb Triangle is not to be confused with the Bermuda Triangle, because where they have aircraft and shipping mysteriously disappearing, we, er, grow lots of rhubarb.

Mark

Hi everyone.

I live in what's known as the Rhubarb Triangle.

Oooo-er! I visited one of the rhubarb sheds in the triangle once. It was all candlelight and strange white shapes writhing in the darkness..... far scarier than the Bermuda version!

And yes, I agree - best rhubarb in the world!

It was all candlelight and strange white shapes writhing in the darkness.....

Quite a few of the pubs are like that round here!

I see you're a Mad Man fan, Atropos. Impeccable taste. Peggy Olsen is my favourite character. Next to Joan/Christina Hendricks, obviously. I still haven't got over BBC 4 losing the rights to (spits) Murdoch.

Mark

I still haven't got over BBC 4 losing the rights to (spits) Murdoch.

Pssst -

(looks both ways and hisses)

-
piratebay -

Just say it was me sent you!

Looks like you're doing really well already!

Just to repeat what everyone else is saying, I'd also recommend starting a diary in the diary's thread - it just helps keep everything in one place and it's a great motivator!

Hi Jack

I think you're right, I should start a diary. I'm assuming it's just a matter of opening a new thread in the diary section? I truly am hopeless when it's comes technology.

Mark

Check the label on that sweet chilli sauce - i'll bet there's sugar in there! I would try and manage without it as best you can from now on if i were you.

Or make your own with tabasco, splenda and other fresh flavours of your choice!

Back