new live hair colour

xxchristiexx

Team Reem
Just want to know has anyone tried the new live hair colour? Iv bought one to stick on but my friend has just told me that her little sister ended up in hospital after using this as she took an allergic reaction even though she had used the old live dyes! Its made me quite nervous! I know it cud happen with any dye but of course now im panicking lol.. iv never took reaction to hair dye before or anything.. comments please lol xxxx

All hair dyes can trigger an allergic reaction, which is why they suggest you do a patch test 48 hours before you use the product properly. Of course, most of us, I imagine, dont take that at all seriously and just slap the stuff on anyway. I certainly do. However, you do that knowing that theres an element of risk involved. If you are unsure, do the patch test as advised in the instruction leaflet to ensure you arent allergic.

yes i usually slap it on lol but im wanted to use it 2nte lol, i assume for a patch test u need to already mix the colour up? wudnt it go funny if u waited 48hrs to use it?lol

im sure il be fine but i just panicked lol

You have to use the colour straight away after mixing hun or else it wont work. I used to work in the hairdressing industry and we would never carry out a colour on a client who hadnt had a skin test! They would need one every single time they are having a colour even if they were regular clients because it can trigger a reaction at anytime.

I would really advise doing the patch test first or having it coloured professionally and having them carry out the test for you.

Just take a little bit of each component and mix them on a plate. It should tell you how on the leaflet that comes with it. Dont mix the whole thing up in the bottle!!

You really need to do a patch test 48hrs before - it's so important.

I use to have my hair bleached blonde and thought my head was invincible. I decided to go brown and I bought a home dye kit and on the off chance i did a patch test just behind my ear. Within 30 minutes my ear was stinging and bright red. After an hour i decided to take it off and the dye had actually burnt through my skin and i now have a scar.

Just shows why you should always read the packet. Can you imagine what it would of done if i'd put it on my head :eek:

My friend used the vibrant red one on her hair and it didn't turn out very well and she had to dye it back, but then again red hair is notoriously difficult to upkeep.

Back