New magazine

Shirleen said:
I buy the magazine and apart from checking out the pictures (clothes) I skip over the 'inspirational' stories.

Ditto! Nowt inspiring about someone i don't know doing well. Get more inspired by people in group, people i've got to know on here, & my sister who's lost 5 stone on SW so far.

lol - I have no idea why I buy the magazine!!

Similar to MrsScandude, I struggle to be inspired by a 1stone 7lb loss and now at target of 9 stone something (Although I recognise that that person has overcome thier personal battle)

I can't relate to the woman in there as I'm over 6', and there's not very often a man story - I would genuinally like to see more!

The reciepes seem to repeat every 12 months and the EE stuff rarely includes 1/3rd superfree and the pictures look nothing like the food anyway!

I think after reading this thread I really need to stop wasting my money and just look on here for inspiration. Just reading this I have been inspired by IanH and wannabeskinnymini - thanks guys - I have a long whay to go, but I'm keen to follow in your footsteps x x

i can't see when the january 2012 magazine will be out[i was looking on the calenders[the 2011 and the new 2012 one] and i don't see when the january 2012 issue is out. sorry.

probably sometime in December if they stick to their usual patterns.

I buy it every month in group. I do love reading it, it picks me up.

I'm in the middle of a big journey, I have another 3st to go and reading the big weight loss stories is great. I find it hard to relate to the 1st loss stories, yes it's amazing for the person who's lost that stone to lose it and keep it off but I can't empathise.

Now the big stories....Zelda springs to mind, she has turned her life around and it's awe inspiring and that story has the potential to save lives, for those people who are house bound and desperate just to read her triumph could get them inspired enough to believe in their own journey.

Plus I do love the wow factor of the before and after pics.

Not to take away from the people who have smaller journeys, it's important to acknowledge the impact that any weight issue can have on someone no matter what their size. It all comes down to eating healthily and living well no matter what our size.

I would like to see more men in the magazine because we do get men coming into group but they never seem to stay long, it would be nice for them to see it more as the norm for them to be involved.

WE should start our own success stories on this forum site with before & after stories with pics............how about it? Our own slimmers world feature!

Lol don't know why I buy it really. I too skim over the stories, realise the recipes are a bit repetitive and then force myself to read the articles as otherwise I've wasted a few quid! I do like the food updates as don't have a up-to-date book and directory... but half the time it's food from shops I don't shop in! Lol!

It does strike me though that the smaller losses, to some degree, are useful to those that have lost a lot and now are 1 - 2 stone from target. The struggle at that stage will be similar - not totally the same but nonetheless have useful advice. I know this is the stage I fear the most!

Back