New man!

Good afternoon!

Evans048 i have had a couple of comments about how my face looks smaller so it is definitely showing!

Shabba and crazyarmywife (great name!)thankyou very much!

Porkypaul well i weigh in on Thursday night so let's hope so!

Maximus i am sitting by the phone awaiting postman pat's oops i mean Fabio's call as we speak ;)
I had 2 pints of Guinness after the game (for the iron content obviously!) and then finished off with a couple of vodka diet cokes, i may have been over on syns but i'm not using them all during the week so it's kind of balancing itself out, if it does start to effect my loss then i will have to rethink my gameplan so we shall see on the scales!

Hope your all having a good week.

Rick

Good evening all!

Quick update, weighed in tonight and lost another 6lbs and got slimmer of the week for the second week running!

Really pleased with my start so far but i'm still under no illusions there's a long way to go.

Hope everyone's well.

Rick

Hi Rick,

That's absolutely brilliant. It doesn't matter how far you have to go, what matters is what you're doing about it and how you've done and that is FANTASTIC ! (nearly 2 stone in 3 weeks - WOOOOOOOW :D) So well done you. It will fall off you in no time.

Good luck for this week.

Gail x

Well done on your weight loss, fantastic loss and such a great start to your journey!!

Well good evening!

GL12282 and evans048 thanks very much :)

I'm aiming for 3lbs this week for my 2 stone sticker and to get in the 18's which i would be over the moon about.

porkypaul i did actually find it quite embarrassing winning sotw again but everyone is really nice in group and assured me i wont be hated for it so i'll be doing my upmost to win it again this week!

Just back from a run and half way round it decided to snow so i took a detour through the fields and it felt like i was in the film Rocky iv!
They had an old tractor tyre by the rugby pitch so i was lifting that back and forth up and down the line (ok Rocky didn't do that but i didn't have an axe to chop trees down with!)

Anyway hot bath is calling then gonna make spaghetti carbonara from a recipe i found on here which i'm muchly looking forward to :D so i will bid you goodbye.

Hope you all have a great weekend,

Rick

I suspect that the women in your group might be a bit envious but as someone (maybe you ?) pointed out, the nice thing about weight loss is that actually it is so lovely to see other people doing well that it helps to spur you on. I think it's brilliant and I love hearing about how everyone on my weekly weigh in thread has got on. If they do better than me, I'm just delighted for them and if they don't, I have my fingers crossed for them next week. So good luck next week in your quest for 2 stone/3lbs/SOTW etc etc etc !!

Gail x

Good evening peeps!

Wow how cold is it today!

gl12282 i know exactly where your coming from, i love to see how people are doing and i am really pleased for everyone when they have losses and also when anyone hits major milestones, i think it gives everyone a boost.
Thanks for the good luck wishes aswell.

evans048 i had a different weekend as football got cancelled on Saturday morning, i'm glad it was called off early as we were playing at a place an hour or so journey away so that would of been a wasted trip!
So i had to find something else to do, a load of the lads went into town on an 'all dayer' which i turned down (get me!) and instead went for a run, something the old me would of never done! I then went and visited the family which was nice then went round a mates on the night to watch boxing on the tv armed with a couple of cans of Pepsi Max!

Woke up hangover free today (what a lovely feeling it is on a Sunday!) and have been into town most of the day to get a few bits and pieces.
Hope you have had a great weekend also.

Fern yeah dont think there was much local football played this weekend, was your OH's game off aswell?
As i said i managed to resist temptation pubwise which i was pretty chuffed with and i felt that was definitely a step in the right direction.
Hope you had a nice week away, i've not caught up with your diary yet but i will pop in.

Have a good week everyone and keep fighting the fight!

Rick

week away was dismal LOL the holiday and the gain that came with it- but what do you expect for a caravan in the outskirts of cornwall in mid nov hey?

yes, OH's games were off and seem to be now till after xmas... he still managed to get down the city game instead though.. men! LOL xxx

Oh a fellow City fan, i went to my first game in 88 and used to go with my uncle regularly, played for the centre of excellence from 93 for a couple of seasons but obviously never made it pro!
Started playing mens football around 97 and went down on and off.
I then gave up saturday football and followed City home and away for 4 years solid between 2000 - 2004 until i started playing again and now only get down The Gate whenever i can!

Rick

Oh not to mention getting the robin crest tattooed on my arm, then thought well seeing as i got the old one i might aswell have the new one so boom the other arm got inked up aswell!

I think you will find that there is only one Robins team in the south west, the others are just inferior copies :sign0151:

porkypaul i think exercise is crucial to helping things along, also i want to try and tone up as much as possible whilst shedding the pounds, it would be frightning to think what you could lose per week with exercise added into the mix.

blue*smartie now i really don't think you want to get into a football debate about the beat team in the south west! what with you lot a league below and having our ex manager aswell i could have a field day!!! Maybe all the times i've stood and got soaked and or froze half to death in your open away end means my dislike for Swindon is probably more than it should be!
But fair play in supporting your local team, i got a lot of time for that.

Fern i think there are a lot of women who can sympathise with you, and i take it you'll be having your big day down The Gate then?!

Rick

Back