New Me, New Diary! Maintenance Begins

minilady

Gold Member
5th June 2006

I've shared a diary with Poohbear for the whole of my weightloss journey. Now I've figured it's time to go it alone for my maintenance diary.

This is my first week of maintenance and already I've consumed a vast amount of alcohol:eek: We've been away at a car show and the beer was too tempting to resist.

Since I came home I've thought about how I feel to actually be at goal weight. Thrilled of course, but also worried that I'll slip back into the old Tracey, who picked, ate when miserable or stressed etc. Will I lapse into old ways because I am over confident that I will keep the weight off?

I don't know the answers to any of the questions and thoughts that are going on in my mind. I know that I want to keep the weight off, but am concerned how easily I managed to down copious amounts of alcohol at the weekend! On the food front I have been very good and haven't overeaten at all, but perhaps that may happen as time goes on, I hope not:sigh:

I didn't cheat or lapse at all when on the diet, and am hoping that I won't find maintenance too trying! I wander if these are famous last words.

I intend to keep this diary as a tool to keep me on the straight and narrow, and write down all my feelings even if they are a little embarrassing.

I weigh in on a Thursday, and then I will see what damage I have done by my weekends antics!

Tracey
x

OOOOO good luck with your maintenance....!

Thanks Sonkie:):):)

It's all a bit daunting at the moment, but I'm determined to keep the weight off! Plus I've thrown out all my old wardrobe and can't afford any more new clothes!!!!:D

Tracey
x

6th June

I'm coming to the end of my months notice at work! I finish next Monday. Things have come to a bit of a head and I've told my line manager exactly what I think of the way he mis manages our department:eek: things got a bit heated but I kept my cool and said exactly what I wanted to in a firm polite way, while he stumbled for the right words:giggle:

Everything feels so strange at the moment (mid life crisis perhaps:confused:) I'm as slim as I was as a teenager:D I've quit my job, with no other job to go to and I've always worked (mainly p/t due to children). I have no plans to job hunt at the moment as hubby's business is doing well so there is no financial need at the moment. I am hoping to get the CDC thing off the ground, but haven't heard from them for a couple of weeks. I know I've passed the telephone interview stage, but I haven't had my training day set yet (hoping for 23rd June) If I havent heard by the end of the week I think I'll give them another ring.

I also finish my nail technicians course in a couple of weeks time, so in an ideal world I'd like to never work for anyone again, but do my nails from home and of course help others through CD with their weight loss. trouble is it's not an ideal world and we never know whats round the corner.

For now though, I am a contented woman :)

Day off from work tomorrow and will catch up on some girly goss with some friends over a coffee, and prepare myself for my second to last day at work on Friday. I think the atmosphere may well be a bit frosty;)

Tracey
x

Hiya Tracey

Great idea to keep a maintenance diary, I do one, although mine has drifted and is now less about maintenance and just about me :p But it's good to keep and anything that helps keep you on the straight and narrow has got to be a good thing.

Maintenance isn't easy, but I guess you weren't expecting it to be, it just takes a bit of fine tuning. I've been maintaining for over a year now, which I never, ever thought I'd be able to do, my weight goes up and down but I've managed to stay within half a stone of my goal and honestly if I can, anyone can.

It's funny you mentioning your nail technician's course as I was thinking about doing one only this morning and although I don't have tons of free time from my CDCing, I think it could run alongside it quite nicely - be a lovely treat for clients when they get to goal if nothing else.

I'm sure you'll get your course details along soon and you'll love being a CDC, I couldn't imagine doing anything else now.

Have a nice girly day tomorrow and hope your last couple of days at work aren't too bad

xx

Thanks Sonkie:):):)

It's all a bit daunting at the moment, but I'm determined to keep the weight off! Plus I've thrown out all my old wardrobe and can't afford any more new clothes!!!!:D

Tracey
x

That is a great idea, I am throwing mine to the charity shops as I shrink, Im sure once you settle into maintenance you will be fine, but I can certainly see how daunting it must be....I have a while to go before I get there.

Be strong x

Hiya Tracey

Great idea to keep a maintenance diary, I do one, although mine has drifted and is now less about maintenance and just about me :p But it's good to keep and anything that helps keep you on the straight and narrow has got to be a good thing.

I read your diary thread, I'm not at the end of it yet, but started reading from the beginning, to glean some tips from you:) I also have been reading some of the others too, and Karion has got lots of treads about maintenance, which are a little scary when you read the statistics on how many people get to goal and stay there:eek: Not many, so I will hopefully up the statistics a bit:D

Maintenance isn't easy, but I guess you weren't expecting it to be, it just takes a bit of fine tuning. I've been maintaining for over a year now, which I never, ever thought I'd be able to do, my weight goes up and down but I've managed to stay within half a stone of my goal and honestly if I can, anyone can.

Congratulations to you!!! I think it will hard not to go back into old ways. You have said and so has Lainey about the 1/2 stone limit, and I will live by that rule too. I've upped my exercise and as of next week (no work) I intend to go swimming most mornings.

It's funny you mentioning your nail technician's course as I was thinking about doing one only this morning and although I don't have tons of free time from my CDCing, I think it could run alongside it quite nicely - be a lovely treat for clients when they get to goal if nothing else.

I've really enjoyed the course:D I've done it through my local college, it cost about £350 to enrol, and another £150 for all the equipment and products. The course was for a year, and I attend college every Monday evening for 3 hours. So if you consider doing a course, the time commitment isn't too bad. Course covered: manicure, pedicure, nail extensions in gel, acrylic and silk system.

I'm sure you'll get your course details along soon and you'll love being a CDC, I couldn't imagine doing anything else now.

I've just phoned Emma, and am booked on for 23rd June training day:D:D:D:D

Have a nice girly day tomorrow and hope your last couple of days at work aren't too bad

Had a good old gossip this morning;)

xx

Thought I'd let you know that Kim is doing really well with the OCD at the moment. The medication alongside the counselling are really working for her, and her therapist is really pleased with the progress Kim's making:D

Tracey
x

That is a great idea, I am throwing mine to the charity shops as I shrink, Im sure once you settle into maintenance you will be fine, but I can certainly see how daunting it must be....I have a while to go before I get there.

Be strong x

You've done so well so far!! How are you finding CD? Is there much difference between CD and Lipotrim?

Tracey
x

7th June

Had a good day today. Met with friends for coffee, black of course:) I've decided to stick with the black coffee and not go back to galleons of tea with milk. Tea was a trigger in the past to eat, and of course the best things to go with tea were biscuits by the packet or toast dripping in butter;)

I phoned CD today and am booked on the training day for 23rd June:D:D:D I'm very excited and can't wait. Looked into staying at the hotel and found out it cost £120 per night!!!!:eek::eek::eek: So have been googling and found alternative hotels and B&B's which are around £45 per night.

Cooked a lovely prawn and mushroom curry tonight, and it was delicious, quite low in fat and I had it on a wholemeal pitta instead of rice. I was very proud of myself, as in the past I'd have used a jar etc. for the sauce, now I am experimenting with fresh ingredients, which taste so much better than the stodge I used to eat in the form of convenience food. Realised today that by changing my diet, eating and cooking habits, I'm benefitting the whole families' health and not just my own!

Had weigh in today and gained a lb. Not stressing over it though as we've been away and although I ate carefully, I wasn't too careful with the alcohol;). Still 1lb isn't too bad and of course now I'm home, I'm being angelic again. Hopefully next week the 1lb will have been shifted again.

Work tomorrow, not looking forward to it much. Things are very strained with certain members of my team. Plus although I want to go, there are many people there that I will sorely miss, and I hate goodbyes.

My daughter Deven (5) is fascinated with garden snails, I have to buy lettuce to feed them and have found them wrapped in barbie blankets in the bedroom before now:eek: Well I thought that was bad! Today she comes home from school with grand tails of her adventures today. Snakes, spiders and toads etc. were handed around for the kids to stroke at school today, which is lovely, but now she wants a toad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sigh: She has told me all about their ears, eyes, warts and how they squirt poison. How lovely:rolleyes: The sooner we get her a guinnea pig the better;)

Tracey
x

Since I came home I've thought about how I feel to actually be at goal weight. Thrilled of course, but also worried that I'll slip back into the old Tracey, who picked, ate when miserable or stressed etc. Will I lapse into old ways because I am over confident that I will keep the weight off?

Doesn't sound like it. Toowell aware of thr statistics to be complacent.

I don't know the answers to any of the questions and thoughts that are going on in my mind. I know that I want to keep the weight off, but am concerned how easily I managed to down copious amounts of alcohol at the weekend! On the food front I have been very good and haven't overeaten at all, but perhaps that may happen as time goes on, I hope not:sigh:

Do you/did you used to find that alcohol leads to eating?

I intend to keep this diary as a tool to keep me on the straight and narrow, and write down all my feelings even if they are a little embarrassing. Good

I weigh in on a Thursday, and then I will see what damage I have done by my weekends antics! I can't imagine you've done any damage do yyou?

Tracey
x

6th June

I'm coming to the end of my months notice at work! I finish next Monday. Things have come to a bit of a head and I've told my line manager exactly what I think of the way he mis manages our department:eek: things got a bit heated but I kept my cool and said exactly what I wanted to in a firm polite way, while he stumbled for the right words:giggle:

Poor chap.the new ultra decisive Minilady is probably a scarey proposition especially whenroused.

Everything feels so strange at the moment (mid life crisis perhaps:confused:) I'm as slim as I was as a teenager:D I've quit my job, with no other job to go to and I've always worked (mainly p/t due to children).
.....unless you count being a CDC! Or maybe that's more of a vocation:cool:

I also finish my nail technicians course in a couple of weeks time, so in an ideal world I'd like to never work for anyone again, but do my nails from home and of course help others through CD with their weight loss. trouble is it's not an ideal world and we never know whats round the corner.
true,sad but true.

For now though, I am a contented woman :)
Now that has to be what CD is all about. I hope that any undecided or partly motivated people visiting the site can read this. It pretty well says it all.
Tracey
x

Thought I'd let you know that Kim is doing really well with the OCD at the moment. The medication alongside the counselling are really working for her, and her therapist is really pleased with the progress Kim's making:D

Tracey
x

Oh that is just the best news.Please tell Kim from me that I'm really pleaed that it's helping. Her deciionto accept a triel of medication took a lot of courage & maturity.Many at her age wouldn't even try it for many underatandable reasons.
I hope that she coninues to make progress & that her life gets better alongside yours.

7th June

Had a good day today. Met with friends for coffee, black of course:) I've decided to stick with the black coffee and not go back to galleons of tea with milk. Tea was a trigger in the past to eat, and of course the best things to go with tea were biscuits by the packet or toast dripping in butter;)

I phoned CD today and am booked on the training day for 23rd June:D:D:D I'm very excited and can't wait. Looked into staying at the hotel and found out it cost £120 per night!!!!:eek::eek::eek: So have been googling and found alternative hotels and B&B's which are around £45 per night.

Cooked a lovely prawn and mushroom curry tonight, and it was delicious, quite low in fat and I had it on a wholemeal pitta instead of rice. I was very proud of myself, as in the past I'd have used a jar etc. for the sauce, now I am experimenting with fresh ingredients, which taste so much better than the stodge I used to eat in the form of convenience food. Realised today that by changing my diet, eating and cooking habits, I'm benefitting the whole families' health and not just my own!

Had weigh in today and gained a lb. Not stressing over it though as we've been away and although I ate carefully, I wasn't too careful with the alcohol;). Still 1lb isn't too bad and of course now I'm home, I'm being angelic again. Hopefully next week the 1lb will have been shifted again.

Work tomorrow, not looking forward to it much. Things are very strained with certain members of my team. Plus although I want to go, there are many people there that I will sorely miss, and I hate goodbyes.

My daughter Deven (5) is fascinated with garden snails, I have to buy lettuce to feed them and have found them wrapped in barbie blankets in the bedroom before now:eek: Well I thought that was bad! Today she comes home from school with grand tails of her adventures today. Snakes, spiders and toads etc. were handed around for the kids to stroke at school today, which is lovely, but now she wants a toad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sigh: She has told me all about their ears, eyes, warts and how they squirt poison. How lovely:rolleyes: The sooner we get her a guinnea pig the better;)

Tracey
x

Hi Tracy,

Congratulations on reaching your goal! You should be very proud!

Your dd's toad story had me laughing because my 9 yr old son has asked for a lizard and if he can't have a lizard then he wants a frog! :doh: I told him he should just be happy with the fish he has because I can not deal with any kind of reptile in my house! :sign0137: Plus...I have 3 boys so if I allowed them each some kind of pet, our house would turn into a zoo!

Are you going to get her one?

Forgot to mention that I just love the picture of the kitty you have in your siggy! That's just too cute!

I am a bear of little brain & an even shorter attention span.
selected this to reply to in mylast reply & then didn't...derrr:eek:

Excellent news.
Agree.the training day costs seem perectly reasonable,but hotel too much. hope a cheap & cheerful B&B can be found.
I'm 1/2 west of M5, so may not be close enough to be of any use, but still closer than Kent. If you can't find anywhere cheap enough Pm me. Address will be supplied & you are welcome here.

That's what I intend to do too. On previous diets I've catered for them as per usual, then tried to take bits that will suit me. This time I'm cateing for me & they will have to fit in. Will allow them potatoes,pasta etc which I'm going to have to stay clear of as can eat for england on these of it's there in front of me.

Also I've been thinking of getting a couple of smaller plates,sort of between side plate & dinner plate size for my food. Hoping it'll help me keep my portion size under control. H is over 6' & in the past I've kept up with him portion-wise & at 5' & a hairdo it's just too much.

1lb is no disaster.probably about right & made of pure metabolised vodka;)

Know what you mean. Be strong. Walk away & keep in touch only with those who you feel are real friends

Tracey
x

Please, Tracey,can I adopt your Daughter. She'll be v happy here.we have lots of toads & spiders. We even have some indoor slugs that write messages in code on the carpets & cushions at night.

Hi Tracey

really pleased to hear Kim is improving, that's great news and must be a relief for you :)

Thanks for the info about the course, it won't be long before the new courses start up in September so I may look into one of those, be ideal if I could get one in the day as evenings are a bit busy with CDCing.

some good food choices there, and that's what it's all about, enjoying your food and making the right choices, but I think you'll be fine - keep posting and asking for help & advice if you need it, as you said Karion is a wonder and so helpful to everyone. Hope you enjoy my diary but not sure how much it'll help with your maintenance :p

Loved your story with your DD too, years ago when Georgia was a tiddler, about 3 I think she came upstairs one Sat morning when I was still in bed, said "look what I found by the telly mum" opened her hands and had a frog in them - which rather took me by surprise, luckily the frog didn't decide to make a bid for freedom in my bed! We took him back outside asap as I didn't really fancy him roaming round the house :D

Hope your last day goes ok - goodbyes are awful, hate doing all of that, but you'll enjoy your freedom and having your time to yourself I'm sure of that :)

Take care
xx

Hi Tracy,

Congratulations on reaching your goal! You should be very proud!

I do feel proud of myself as for years weight has been a problem. I hope my success shows anyone can do it! Even though I'm proud I still can't quite believe it:)

Your dd's toad story had me laughing because my 9 yr old son has asked for a lizard and if he can't have a lizard then he wants a frog! :doh: I told him he should just be happy with the fish he has because I can not deal with any kind of reptile in my house! :sign0137: Plus...I have 3 boys so if I allowed them each some kind of pet, our house would turn into a zoo!

Lol Lizards:eek: Don't show my daughter:D I have 4 kids, only one boy and he's scared of the snails!!!!!

Are you going to get her one?

Noooooooo We have 4 cats, and a garden full of snails! that's enough, although may get a guinnea pig!

Good luck with your weightloss:)

Tracey
x

I am a bear of little brain & an even shorter attention span.
selected this to reply to in mylast reply & then didn't...derrr:eek:

Please, Tracey,can I adopt your Daughter. She'll be v happy here.we have lots of toads & spiders. We even have some indoor slugs that write messages in code on the carpets & cushions at night.

Jane 2 wonderful offers in one day!!!!;)

Firstly, thank you so much for your offer of somewhere to stay. I feel really honoured that you'd let me invade your home! If I were driving, I would definately have considered it, as I would love to meet you. However I'm going by train, it's quite a simple journey, only have to change trains once at London, then one tube stop and straight into Kettering station. I'm still hoping that perhaps you might be asked to attend the same training day as me!

As for the adoption of Deven, well there's an offer! I'm sure she would absolutely love living at your home, infact as I've said before I'd love it too. However we do have 4 cats and they would really miss her wrapping them in blankets and wheeling them around the garden in her baby annabelle buggy! In all honesty they love her and let her cuddle and wheel them around for hours! I think maybe she'll be the first vet in our family:)

Tracey
x

Hi Tracey

really pleased to hear Kim is improving, that's great news and must be a relief for you :)

Very much so:) Thanks again for the advise you gave me.

Thanks for the info about the course, it won't be long before the new courses start up in September so I may look into one of those, be ideal if I could get one in the day as evenings are a bit busy with CDCing.

I hope you manage to find a course that fits in. I'm looking for one in massage now!

some good food choices there, and that's what it's all about, enjoying your food and making the right choices, but I think you'll be fine - keep posting and asking for help & advice if you need it, as you said Karion is a wonder and so helpful to everyone. Hope you enjoy my diary but not sure how much it'll help with your maintenance :p

Thanks I will.

Loved your story with your DD too, years ago when Georgia was a tiddler, about 3 I think she came upstairs one Sat morning when I was still in bed, said "look what I found by the telly mum" opened her hands and had a frog in them - which rather took me by surprise, luckily the frog didn't decide to make a bid for freedom in my bed! We took him back outside asap as I didn't really fancy him roaming round the house :D

lol They are so funny, what tickles me is the confused little face, when you tell them no or show your disgust. I'm sure Deven thinks I'm mad that I prefer a boring cat:)

Hope your last day goes ok - goodbyes are awful, hate doing all of that, but you'll enjoy your freedom and having your time to yourself I'm sure of that :)

Last day is Monday, but a lot of my colleagues don't work Mondays, so quite a sad day today:tear_drop:

Take care
xx

Thanks Jan

Tracey
x

June 8th

Sad day at work, said goodbye to a few colleagues who won't be in on Monday:tear_drop: They said some lovely things to me and I got hugged to bits. Nearly cried, but kept in control, don't think I'll be able to hold back the emotions on Monday though:sigh: Strange really, I've been so excited about leaving and now the time is nigh, I'm really sad to go:confused:

However my closest friends are looking at leaving too! Once they have gone there will nothing left to make me regret my decision. Stuart had an interview this week and will hear next week and Elaine has an interview next Tuesday. My fingers are so tightly crossed for them.

Mad rush when I finished work to battle my way round Tesco, got home cooked tea for the brood, everyone's bathed and now in bed! Ahhhh Tracey time. Scott is working tomorrow, so my day will be filled with housework and maybe a trip to the park with the kids (weather permitting). Sunday is bedroom change round day! We've just got Kim a new bed and wardrobe, so Kims old bunk bed is going in the girls room and her old chest of drawers in Camerons room. This will not be as easy as it sounds, both son's room and girls rooms are like bomb zones, they've tidied a bit tonight, went to check and instead of putting things away properly, toys have been stashed under quilts etc. :(:sigh: a mammoth task for me tomorrow!

I did laugh tonight though. Harley (9) and Deven (5) were saying what everyone does in the house. Conversation went sort of like this.

Dad: goes to work
falls asleep on sofa
fixes cars
takes us swimming

Kim: has her music loud
has all her friends round without asking mum
goes out a lot
baby sits us
moans a lot at us
smokes:eek:

Mum: cooks the food
washes up
cleans our clothes
takes us to school

Cameron: winds us up
changes tv channel when tweenies is on
wears hair gel

Harley: helps mum with washing up
loves bratz
hates spiders

Deven: loves mummy and snails!!!!!

I laughed so much:D Nice to know they think my life is that exciting;):rolleyes: and that my daughter loves me as much as snails:D

Tracey
x

Sounds like you've done the leaving bit in your head already &, as you say ,if your favourite people arebailin gout too there won't be much left foryou to feel nostalgic about at all soon.

Just love the tidying stuff by putting under the duvet!

Infact the whole musical bedroom furniture sounds delightfully chaotic. Add to it the synopses of everyones roles within the family & the picyure is of a warm & happy home. You are a lucky lady...if you don't count the mummy's jobs list of cooking,cleaning,washing etc. As you said, a jet-setting lifestyle.

you wait thouhg,in a few months it'll be 'Mummy has special clients to see her for posh nails & slimming'.

June 10th

Well the bedroom move took all day:( I found such a vast array of unsavoury things in my childrens bedrooms!!!!

Kim's room was first to be dismantled and hidden around her room were 4 cups with mouldy tea at different stages of development, 6 glasses, a fork, 2 teaspoons, 2 pairs of my scissors and a bucket:confused:

The girls room was next and to my delight I encountered a mouldy apple, sweet wrappers galore, a teatowel, a snail shell, banana skin (all shrivelled and black), a couple of sticky blobs stuck to the floor (I think they were skittles in a past life) and some of my makeup and jewellery!:eek: When questioned about the makeup etc. of course neither of them had a clue who had stashed my stuff in their room:rolleyes:

Anyway, 8 hours later, things had starting looking good! Girls room is complete, and so is Kim's. Scott had a go at me for buying 'cheap crap from argos' by this he meant both the bed and wardrobe, which took him ages to erect. If I had a penny for every expletive he used, I'd be a millionairess;)

Only room left to go is Cameron's, which I intend to set about on Tuesday (my first day of retirement:D) Goodness only knows what will be lurking in wait for me there:eek:

Friends came over this evening and brought over a freezer which was no longer needed by one of their mums. It's a huge chest freezer, only a couple of years old. What a fuss getting it into the house! In the end hubby had to take off the wheels and lid to get it in, something else for him to moan about:rolleyes: It was quite funny watching him and Tim trying to get it through the front door though (whilst I sat leisurely on the sofa with Karen sipping my coffee:cool:) It took them 3/4 hour!! :giggle:

I'm going to have to get some belts. I have to keep pulling up my jeans. I haven't lost anymore weight I don't think, but my inches are still going down! Must be the exercise I guess. Actually my body is a bit strange at the moment. Boobs are quite floppy and so is tummy:( My bum had disappeared and the skin looks like that of an eighty year old when I clench it. I wander if it's because I lost the weight so fast? Hopefully it'll catch up soon and iron out a bit. I'm not complaining though! In clothes I feel great and in myself I feel even greater, and afterall it's only Scott who sees any nakedness, and nothing can be worse than the sight of me as I was pre weight loss!

Tracey
x

Back