New meber

julia3715

Hi, I am on day 4 of SS and finding it quite hard. I'm lucky that I live alone, having recently broken up from my partner, so have thrown away all temptation! However I'm so hungry I'm thinking about eating some of the dog's biscuits. I'm also finding I'm really, really tired and it's making me a bit "weepy", ie feeling sorry for myself and a bit teary.. Anybody else suffered from this at all? I'm drinking at least 2 litres of water a day. Any idea how long this phase is likely to last?
Thanks!

Hi, I am on day 4 of SS and finding it quite hard. I'm lucky that I live alone, having recently broken up from my partner, so have thrown away all temptation! However I'm so hungry I'm thinking about eating some of the dog's biscuits. I'm also finding I'm really, really tired and it's making me a bit "weepy", ie feeling sorry for myself and a bit teary.. Anybody else suffered from this at all? I'm drinking at least 2 litres of water a day. Any idea how long this phase is likely to last?
Thanks!

Hi Julia, hope you don' t mind me replying to your post. I started ss 8 days ago, had my weigh in last night and lost 7lbs, very pleased. Please believe me you will feel much better from day 5 and onwards, you will still want things but you will not really be hungry. I found that drinking sparkling water has helped me get through as the gas in it bloats you out and has you feel full. I to had similar feeling to you last week, but I feel much better now. I noticed you are only drinking 2 litres of water, my consultant has just won Cambridge slimmer of the year, he lost 11 stone in 32 week. He tells all his people to drink 4 litres of water or more a day, that is what I been doing, and it's helping me get through. Would love to be your buddy if you'd think it would help. Once you've had your first weigh in you feel inspired. Let me know how you do please.

Regards
Tina

It will last no more that about 5 days. Your body will scream for carbs...it's a sad and painful detox but then it will look elsewhere. I am lucky my bad day was 3 days and then I swear no more hunger from then on. Just brain cravings! I am on week 12 and have lost 2st 9lb.
It works but def don't give in during the first week as it gets so much easier after that!
Good luck xx

Hi Julia, hope you don' t mind me replying to your post. I started ss 8 days ago, had my weigh in last night and lost 7lbs, very pleased. Please believe me you will feel much better from day 5 and onwards, you will still want things but you will not really be hungry. I found that drinking sparkling water has helped me get through as the gas in it bloats you out and has you feel full. I to had similar feeling to you last week, but I feel much better now. I noticed you are only drinking 2 litres of water, my consultant has just won Cambridge slimmer of the year, he lost 11 stone in 32 week. He tells all his people to drink 4 litres of water or more a day, that is what I been doing, and it's helping me get through. Would love to be your buddy if you'd think it would help. Once you've had your first weigh in you feel inspired. Let me know how you do please.

Regards
Tina

Thank you so much for the inspiration and motivation! I will definitely drink more water but finding that even on 2 litres I'm up all night, so I don't think that's helping! Having said that, I am already reaching for 2 huge glasses of water as soon as I wake up now as feel so thirsty - must be my body getting used to all that water now! I drink sparkling water too, I also find it fills me up and I prefer the taste (if that makes sense?!). I will get through it, I know, and it's massively helpful having the support of other people going through the same thing. Will keep you posted after weigh in! thanks so much Tina, it's great to have a "buddy" in this!

Regards
Tina

Hi Tina, had my first weigh in today - 8lbs lost in first week, which is a great result! Am determined to stick with it, and things are feeling much easier and better now. Still pretty tired but definitely feel much more upbeat! Here's to another great week for everybody and good luck with your weigh-in this week!
Julia

Wow, that's amazing - well done you. That's great inspiration for me to stick with it. 12 weeks seems like such a long time, that's really impressive! I have given myself a target of 3 months as a minimum and just keep telling myself that 3 months will still come around whether I stick to it or not, so I can choose to meet that day on the calendar slimmer or fatter or the same weight as I am now but the day will still come and it's up to me where I'm at when it does!

Back