New member from bodyOptimise

Lanski

Hello Everyone!

I've recent re-started Slimming World after several years (6 or 7 years at least) and a weight gain. I had success previously and so I'm giving it another go before I get back to my original weight.

I'm 11st 12lb now after my weigh in today and a 1lb loss in my first week. Which I'm trying to be positive about (though am secretly disappointed)

I decided to join bodyOptimise instead of going to group as I fell that I'll find it hard to go to group. I also didn't have a particularly great experience in group my first time round.

Are there many here who are online members only? I'm interested to get opinions on bodyOptimise. Whilst I find the online food diary, syn calculators and fit log useful I find that there is little more in the way of support on a daily basis. Once you've read the site there isn't much more to it.

I'm also here because I had hoped that bodyOptimise would include a forum. I'm a big online user and find that forums with like minded people in similar situations are great support for me. Hence I'm here...there is no online community on the bodyOptimise forum. I'm feeling a little disappointed really.

So, am I missing something?

:)

Hi Lanski,
I too joined bodyoptermise before i found this forum and i have to say i would not have paid out the 60 pounds if i had found this first but never mind. i love this forum and found it really supportive.
So its a thumbs down for bodyoptermise from me

I too am using BodyOptimise mainly because they don't do SW in Australia. I totally agree that the site itself doesn't really seem to give great value for money and certainly no regular, inspirational or in any way interactive help. I think it could be much better. However, I do think that I need my membership for the discipline of the weekly weigh in, I like to get value for money, and if I'm paying all that money out then I'm going to weigh in and stick to plan.

I believe that it's a combination of paying Bodyoptimise and the enjoyment I get from minimins that is seeing me losing weight and finding it easy to stay motivated. I honestly do not feel as if I am on a diet, I'm just eating healthily.

I use bodyoptimise also and although I don't really think it is value for money, I keep paying because I know it will help me stay on track, as I wouldnt want to waste all that money. The only thing that is really of any benefit to me on the site, is the syns calculator. I really feel it is lacking in so many other areas.

There is so much more they could do with the site really. Considering online members pay exactly the same as members which go to a group (and whom also get free access to online). They really should offer a lot more within the site.

I did weight watchers before slimming world, and their site is so much more value for money (and it is cheaper) - access to forums, 100s of recipes, support, food diary, recipe builder (which works out the points in meals), huge food lists etc the list goes on. However weight watchers is not something I saw myself sticking to in the long run. I LOVE slimming world, and it really is something I feel I can follow for the rest of my life.

I just wish, they would really revise their sit. It is in badly in need of updating. I also don't feel we get information as quick as group members either, which is not good really. Everyone should get access to the same information at the same time.

Minimins and the facebook group have been more beneficial to me really than the bodyoptimise site.

But as I said, I will continue paying, as I don't have the option of a group to go to.

I am an online member too. I agree that there could be much more on the site but also see that I am paying a membership fee to access the SW business formula. Yes I know I could probably buy the books on ebay and try and go it alone with the help of sites like this, but I love the instant access, the fact that when I ask a question I get the official response (and not just an opinion/interpretation) and that I can find out syns/access my diary/WI whenever and wherever I am.

This is a good site for motivation so the 2 together really compliment each other.

Good luck on your journey, mate

xxxx

Back