New Member - Intro & History

Hi Everyone.

I am new to this group and thought I would drop a few lines.

I have always in "big boned", don't you hate that? It's similar to "Does he take sugar?" Anyway a few years I bought a new camera and a friend of mine was playing with it took a photo of me. Oh dear!! After regaining consciousness it was after seeing that image when I decided to do something.

It was during December and I ordered a super duper high capacity bathroom scale of up to 200Kgs. Right, I thought, I will find out my real weight and start from there. With a certain amount of confidence I stepped on the scales only to met with and "ERR" display. Yes, I was WELL OVER 200kgs or 440lbs or 31st 6lbs.

To cut a long and boring story short, the following year I was down to 139kgs or just over 21st. I then started a new job and the weight has slowly started to creep back on and I'm now up to 25st 9lbs, bother or words to that effect.

It is now time to get it back off and down to my "internal" weight of 90kgs. This I know will take well over a year or so but seeing as I have lost 61kgs and "only" have to get rid of the remaining 74kgs I should be able to do this.

How am I doing this? By not sitting listening to music when I come home from work and falling asleep on the sofa, not eating bread (the devils food), shaking my booty at every opportunity, beginning an exercise regime even if I am only starting with assorted wii based home fitness programs and walking.

I will drop in here from time to time to let everyone know how I am going.

This is quite long for a "short" note. I have a number of short term goals that I am looking to achieve before 01/01/10 and then the journey will begin in earnest.

To be continued......

Dontcallmetracey.

Welcome and good luck!

New Keyboard

Right, I now have a new keyboard so it should not miss whole sections of my sentences!

The previous replay should have been

"Thanks all. I will try to get hold of the "scary" picture and upload it so that everyone can have a look. It also should be a record of my progress over the coming months."

Welcome dontcallmetracey; have to say I wished I had been so chirpy and full of wit when i was big. You made me chuckle. Thanks for making me smile for the first time today and good luck! :D

Back