New member needing help and support

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by joss, 28 August 2009 Social URL.

1. joss

joss New Member

Hello there,
    My name is George but prefer to be called Joss.
    I am 52 years of age, married with 3 grown up children, 2 still at home argh!
    I have had a weight problem most of my life, more so since the mines closed where i was very active and a solid 15 stone.
    Sadly its been a down hill slide since then.

Had a heart attack in 2001 and since then have suffered angina. Later found out that I have Aortic Stenosis heart valve disease.
    My Knees are shot in part due to osteoarthritis and my weight which is currently 134KG.
    So in the near future I will need heart valve surgery and bypass surgery which will be done at the same time.
    When I don't know but the sooner the better and my weight is an obvious factor.

My GP has referred me for Gastric by pass surgery.
    I got a letter from Sheffield royal Hallamshire to attend a seminar on the 8th of September by Mr Roger Ackroyd.

Since then I have been diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes.

I live In Doncaster South Yorkshire.
    I really do not know where to start. Help please. Anyone else or support groups in Doncaster?
    Thanks for reading

Last edited: 28 August 2009
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. joss

joss New Member

Thanks Kristin1
    I am looking through but its such a large site. Incidental I put the wrong weight down. it should be 134KG not the 95KG I put, wishful thinking there. Don't know how to edit my post.
  4. Wicca303

Wicca303 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Healthy eating and 5:2
    Hi Joss,

I don't have any advice but wanted to say hi and welcome you to the forum.

You've already taken the first step, which is often hardest.
  5. tafflass

tafflass Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming world
    welcome Joss x
    good luck with your journey.this site is a fantastic support,however your losing weight.
    keep coming on for motivation,advice or just a chat x
  6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Pleased you have joined us. Have a visit to the surgical weight loss section

Irene xx
  7. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Welcome to our community Joss :D:D:D

Just take your time browsing around the site and please ask for help with anything,

Nice to meet you,

Isis x :)
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.