New member saying hi

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by sammignano, 29 October 2010 Social URL.

1. sammignano

sammignano New Member

Hi All,
    I joined today after looking up about actifry chips and syn values.
    I started Slimming World via Body Optimise 3 months ago.
    I have tried many diets in the past and resigned myself to being chunky. I was a size 18 and 103kg.
    I have been going fairly slowly - my friend did SW and lost 6 stone in 6 months and I was so shocked when I saw her she looked like a different person.
    I have so far lost about a stone and a half - my weight this morning was 91.6kg

I love the green day program as I am a vegetarian. Cheese and wine are my downfall though.
    I am now a size 16, though have never been smaller than a 14.
    My best day so far was walking into a shoe shop and buying a pair of knee length boots and being able to zip them up! I have always have really chunky knees and big calfs - but using SW and also wearing Shape-ups shoes has done amazing things for my legs - they actually have shape and all the pain in my knees has gone - cant recommend them highly enough if anyone has the same problem with their legs.

I like how my weight is stabalising at each new level - I have taken days off here and there for a holiday and eating out - but managed to catch back up easily within 2-3 days.

I could probably have lost more but I wanted to lose it slowly so I wouldnt put it back on as soon as I reach my goal weight.
    I can see myself eating this way for the rest of my life as it doesnt really feel like a diet.

Anyway - enough of my rambling - I am looking forward to learning more - tbh I felt a bit alone on Body Optimise - no support like I expected for the money - so am hoping I will make some friends here, and we can support each other.

Sam

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. evethewitch

evethewitch Silver Member

hi and well done on your new way of life its a great plan :)

4. got2bslim

got2bslim Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.74%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Welcome, u have done the hard part by joining slimming world.... now the easy part is following the plan and losing the weight ;)

Good luck Sam xx

5. Jayne E

Jayne E Member

Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi I've just joined too, look forward to getting to know you x

6. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi welcome to minimins u will get loads of help and support on here good luck :)

7. Lady J

Lady J Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9.5lb(13.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello and good luck! :)

I'm veggie too and can totally relate to the cheese and wine thing lol xx

8. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    Hi and welcome to Minimins.
    SW is great, welcome to healthy eating and the freedom and NOT feeling like your on a diet. Minimins has tons of ideas, recipes and support :)
    I too am Veggie so LOVE Green plan.

9. gl12282

gl12282 Plodding on.......

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(18.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Body Optimise
    Hi Sam,

Welcome and FANTASTIC progress. Well done. I am sure that you will continue to lose and I'm sure that you will find this site helpful. I am also doing SW online and really like the tips/advice/support that I see/get on this site.

Well done.

Gail x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.