• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

New member saying hi

Hi All,
I joined today after looking up about actifry chips and syn values.
I started Slimming World via Body Optimise 3 months ago.
I have tried many diets in the past and resigned myself to being chunky. I was a size 18 and 103kg.
I have been going fairly slowly - my friend did SW and lost 6 stone in 6 months and I was so shocked when I saw her she looked like a different person.
I have so far lost about a stone and a half - my weight this morning was 91.6kg

I love the green day program as I am a vegetarian. Cheese and wine are my downfall though.
I am now a size 16, though have never been smaller than a 14.
My best day so far was walking into a shoe shop and buying a pair of knee length boots and being able to zip them up! I have always have really chunky knees and big calfs - but using SW and also wearing Shape-ups shoes has done amazing things for my legs - they actually have shape and all the pain in my knees has gone - cant recommend them highly enough if anyone has the same problem with their legs.

I like how my weight is stabalising at each new level - I have taken days off here and there for a holiday and eating out - but managed to catch back up easily within 2-3 days.

I could probably have lost more but I wanted to lose it slowly so I wouldnt put it back on as soon as I reach my goal weight.
I can see myself eating this way for the rest of my life as it doesnt really feel like a diet.

Anyway - enough of my rambling - I am looking forward to learning more - tbh I felt a bit alone on Body Optimise - no support like I expected for the money - so am hoping I will make some friends here, and we can support each other.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Welcome, u have done the hard part by joining slimming world.... now the easy part is following the plan and losing the weight ;)

Good luck Sam xx
hi welcome to minimins u will get loads of help and support on here good luck :)
Hello and good luck! :)

I'm veggie too and can totally relate to the cheese and wine thing lol xx

Silver Member
Hi and welcome to Minimins.
SW is great, welcome to healthy eating and the freedom and NOT feeling like your on a diet. Minimins has tons of ideas, recipes and support :)
I too am Veggie so LOVE Green plan.

Plodding on.......
Hi Sam,

Welcome and FANTASTIC progress. Well done. I am sure that you will continue to lose and I'm sure that you will find this site helpful. I am also doing SW online and really like the tips/advice/support that I see/get on this site.

Well done.

Gail x