New Mum and Member

Dear All

Looking for mates for support and advice as I start my weight loss. I am doing Slimming World on my own as I have just had a baby and am feeding on demand and absolutely shattered after doing this for 20 weeks. I would love to hear from anyone who would like give and receive tips and support.;)

Hello, I've also just had a baby and am doing sw from home too, well I'm at least trying but my other half tends to lead me astray!
I'm also forcing myself to do workout DVDs and go to the gym too-hard to fit in with three kids!
How have you got on so far?

xxx

Hi Nightnurse

Oooo its so nice to get a reply - really looking forward to chats, tips, support and advice. Just sat down now and have to admit have only just found out that you had replied to me - didn't have the slightest idea how to find the message I had sent - call it baby brain. My little man is 20 weeks old today and although I do have a big age gap between the both of them it seems if it was all meant to be. Am annoyed with myself because after having my baby I was 3lbs lighter than when I first fell pregnant as I had stuck religiously to Slimming World - really proud of myself, but in the last 20 weeks I have put on 2 stone how awful is that :break_diet:. I am not going to dwell on it though and am looking forward to losing lots and lots of weight (fingers positively crossed). I started my new determined approach to weight lost on Monday - 6 June - when I weighed myself yesterday I had lost 5lb (chuffed or what) naughtily went on the scales this morning and have put on 2lb - ehhh!!!! how the heck does that work. But really looking forward to supporting eachother and anyone else who wants to say hello. :wave_cry:

Hi! Congrats on your little one, hope you are enjoying being a mum again, they are lovely when they are tiny aren't they?

I think your weight can fluctuate quite a lot from day to day so that's why they say to weigh yourself weekly instead-saves you worrying yourself when you are probably doing well!!! You sound like you ARE doing well so dont beat yourself up about it!
And btw baby brain is still a valid excuse if you ask me.

How are you managing to fit sw friendly meals into family life? I find it hard sometimes especially last two days when OH and kids ate mcdonalds at me and he baked cakes as well! Grrrrrr!

Keep up the good work! :)

Hi Nigthnurse

Believe it or not this is the third time I have tried to reply to you tonight. Nothing has gone right today. OH asked if I could go to my best friends to cook tea and put it into my slow cooker. This I did and was chuffed as I had also stuck to Slimmers. Sadly got home with slow cooker and no blinkin electric. Needless to say that is tomorrows tea and tonight I had takeaway pizza and garlic bread how awful is that. But either that or starve. Plasterer is coming tomorrow and so I have no hob, oven or sink so I think I need to put this down to flexi syns. What do you think? xxxxxx

welcome

Hello! What an awful day! I reckon if you just draw a line under it-but enjoy it, mind-then have a couple of good days there can be no harm in having pizza! I did the same last week when my OH and the kids wanted Dominos, I felt bad that I'd eaten it but then realised I could kind of pay myself back by doing extra exercise and being saintly for a couple of days :)
I had builders here in deb doing my kitchen so I know how hard it is to have no cooker etc-do you still have a microwave? There are a few free green things like the Bachelors rice and Low Fat Supernoodles that you could make maybe?
Xxx

Good Morning

How are you today - yep quite agree today is a new day. Plasterer not here yet but will be here by 12. Pizza was lovely last night though. Anyway back on track now. What is on the menu at yours today. Do you do orange days. I find it a bit confusing. There are days when I want pasta/rice with my meat so I am trying to have orange days when needed. I think this is fab having a chat like this. I have to admit I do feel that bit of extra support is fab. How old are your children. Speak to you later. Bev xxx :p

Hi Time for a Change

Thank you for the welcome message - as I was saying to Nightnurse this is great being able to have support from likeminded people. Little one is on mat infront of me playing with my toes so for a few minutes my hands are free to type.

xx:p

Hey Bev,

How is the plastering getting on? Had a few saved up syns yesterday so treated myself to the ikea meatballs that i've had in my freezer for ages, was good and made sw chips and coleslaw to with it though!
Are you doing the EE? I've no idea how that works, I've just got an old book that I got 5 years ago so doing it the old way! How are you finding it?
Off to the gym when my OH wakes up from his nightshift to burn some flab! What you up to today?

Xxx

Hi Nightnurse

I can't leave the little man with anyone yet - how hold are your littleones. Today has been a funny old day - plaster done - but now have nothing to cook with only microwave - its amazing what you can put into pasta n sauces - hee hee. Have to admit feel like getting quite sloshed as the house is in a complete state - OH keeps telling me that you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. Bless him. When are you going to weigh yourself. I am going to do it on Friday and take your advice and only do it once a week. I am doing red and green and slipping in an orange here and there when we are having spag ball or a curry. Look forward to catching up tomorrow. xxxxxxxxx

Hey there,

Sounds like you're getting there with the decorating, it'll be done before you know it :)

My boys are 5, 2 and 12 weeks, I only leave the little one for an hour with his dad while I go to the gym as he usually goes bonkers if I'm not there!

I reckon I'll weigh myself on weds at the gym as that's when I did it last week, quite glad the kids broke my scales at home really or else I'd be on them 5 times a day obsessing about it!

Yesterday my OH went and bought a breadmaker-he is a nightmare for leading me astray! He also brought back wine as well and I of course couldn't say no so had big chunks of this lovely bread and half a bottle of red last night-oops! I'll have to spend about three hours in the gym to burn that lot off, still, today's another day...

Did you manage to resist the wine temptation last night?! Xxx

WINE WINE WINE

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I enjoyed every slurp. I have a breadmaker - all I can say is yum. Little one asleep on the bed as I type - going to get him dressed in a min and pop the the local iceland. Going to buy meals that I can Microwave and this is the only way of cooking at the mo until Thursday. Isn't today lovely - how long are you on maternity leave - I am dreading going back and can't believe where time has gone since I left on 12 December. Just thought something really daft - was going to ask you if you need anything from iceland - crackers its that baby brain again.

xxx

Haha I'm good ta, got some boring old jacket spuds for lunch as penance for my naughty wine drinking ways last night!
It's gorgeous here-the bloke has bogged off playing golf on the only nice day weve had for ages, typical!
Me and the little sprog are just hanging about the house, not getting anything done cos he's all clingy today!
Am technically on mat leave till nov and my contract at work was ending then so was just going to have to apply for a load of stuff, but got a call asking if I'd consider returning and if so could it be early, not got a job offer or date yet so no idea what's happening. I'm kind of dreading it too, I went back to work early with my middle boy and I felt awful doing it. Also, I know they are going to want me full time if I go back but don't know if I can cope with all the stuff to do at home-need a housekeeper with all of these lot! When are you going back? Will you be full time?

Xxx

Hiya Nightnurse

Hey hows it going - apologies for my absence - I spilt a pint of squash on the computer and have had to buy a new laptop and it took a while to find the one we wanted which came in but it too was faulty - feel like I have been in prison with no way to get out not having a computer. Anyway back up and running now - little ones two front teeth have arrived in the last week, can't believe it. How are you and how is the weightloss.

Kind regards

Bev xxx

Hey Bev,

Wondered where you'd gone! Sounds like something I'd do haha!
All ok here thanks, been pretty good and doing my workout DVD on most days and going to the gym when my partner is free to look after the little man. Starting to notice a difference now, I can run a mile on the treadmill without stopping5 which I could never do! My clothes are much looser and I seem to have firmed up, so pretty pleased! Weighed myself the other day and have lost 7lbs in the last month-woop!
How are you getting on? Still motivated with the diet?

Xxx

Back