New & need help!

lilack

Hi - I've been reading all your posts for a couple of weeks now but this is my first post. Started CD last Thursday so now on 5th day. Didn't feel too bad the first few days but yesterday felt awful - dizzy, tearful, very hungry. Feel much the same today. Prior to starting CD I had been eating low carbs so I thought the transition would be fairly easy.

Have only had my shakes & soups, drinking loads (5-6 litres). Also, the worst thing is I've put on 2lbs - is that possible? I have my official weigh in on Wednesday but I know what I weighed on my scales when I started.

I should also say I weigh 19.5 stone so have a lot to lose.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I haven't had that experience but i'm sure there will be some people on here that have, but i just wanted to say well done for getting through the toughest part in my opinion. Have you spoken to your cdc about how your feeling...i def felt all of that on day 3 and oddly enough day 8. Your drinking plenty of water which is great...i'm not sure if there is such a thing as too much water, maybe somebody else can answer that.
Your scales could be wrong for a number of reasons including totm, clothes, water consumption, time of day you have weighed, bowel movements (sorry!) Try not to get disheartened and wait for your officcial weigh in. If you are following the plan 100% i really don't see how you can't lose unless there is an underlying medical reason.
I know some people find it helpful to weigh themselves daily and whatever works for the individual however maybe you should stay away from your scales in the early weeks just so you don't lose faith.

Sorry i can't be more help but please stick with it, give your cdc a call and let us know how you get on.xx

welcome to mini's. your doing great so far. maybe just stick to 3and a half/4litre of water. i think 6is a bit to much to be honest. some people just drink the min and have good losses :) :) xx

Hi,

I'm also on day 5 of my first week & on days 3 & 4 felt absolutely awful. I don't have scales at home so do not know how much i've lost so far. My first weigh in is wednesday evening.

I'm drinking between 3 & 4 litres of water a day. I also have a lot of weight to lose - around 9 stones.

Today i feel much better with no headache but just a raging thirst.

As airgirl said as long as there is no medical problem & you're following the plan correctly you should lose on Wednesday's WI.

Em x

Thank you for your replies - very helpful. Must check if it is TOTM - tend to lose track as weeks go so quick!

Maybe I should lay off the water a bit - it's just most of the posts seem to say drink more when anyone asks a question!

Not going to give up anyway & will just wait and see what Wednesday's weigh in brings. Perhaps it will all fall off tomorrow!

Thank you for your replies - very helpful. Must check if it is TOTM - tend to lose track as weeks go so quick!

Maybe I should lay off the water a bit - it's just most of the posts seem to say drink more when anyone asks a question!

Not going to give up anyway & will just wait and see what Wednesday's weigh in brings. Perhaps it will all fall off tomorrow!

Hi Liljack,

try not to get disheartened, you can't fail to lose weight doing SS, your body could be just hanging on to its reserves for dear life, but if you stay 100% it'll have to give up its excesses eventually, hopefully within a day or two.

Even if your first weigh in isn't great stick with it, until your second one, its gotta drop. I know its hard, but SOOOOOooooo worth it in the end.

Back