New & Needing Motivation!

Mariasmummy26

Hi All

I'm new here & joined Slimming World a fortnight ago. I'm really in need of support.

Today was my second weigh in & I lost nothing:cry:Last week,my first week, I lost 1lb.

I'm at the point of having a good cry as I've never had such a poor start before (I've done both Weight Watchers & SW before). I checked with the lady who runs the group & my diet is perfect. I'm doing 15 mins+ on the cross trainer each night too. I really don't get it :(

The one thing I'm not happy about is their scales. They are placed on carpet & when I got on today the whole thing wobbled & wasn't very steady. I have good old fashioned scales & I use them on a hard floor. They say I've lost 4lb. I've also lost 2in off my waist & my clothes are big.

My little boy is getting weighed at the GP next week & I might get them to check.;)

So if anyone can give me some advice or give me a reason not to open the chocs I have in the kitchen I'd be very grateful!

Regards

Suz x

Well one big reason not too, is the 2 inches off your waist, it shows you are toning up even if you haven't seen a major lose on the scales, 2 inches off in 2 weeks isn't to be sneezed at, hon! So deffo leave those chocs alone as that is a fantastic result!

I restarted recently and had my 3rd WI yesterday - my scales said I'd lost 2lb but theirs said that I had maintained. I'm like you that my clothes are getting bigger and i've been able to tighten my belt by a notch (woohoo!). As long as I'm noticing a difference somewhere, I'm going to keep plodding along - hopefully you'll start noticing a difference on the scales soon! Good luck!!!! xx

Hi Mariasmummy, Keep those choccies well hidden and keep up the good work.
I know it's very hard - you don't have to tell me anything about that! Taken me ages to get where I am today, it's been VERY slow and a real hard grind but well worth it.
How much do you want to lose and what are you now? It would be helpful if you filled in your details (via UserCP) so we can get a good idea of how you are doing.

In the meantime, all the very best to you...:)

Hi, try not to let it get you down and focus on this week . There have been several weeks where I've weighed differently onour scales to sw. 2 weeks ago sw said I'd lost 3 1/2 lbs but ours said nothing. I definitely didn't believe that I'd lost it and sure enough ours said I'd lost 1/2 lb and sw said 2 1/2. Lb gain! Ggrrrr. Has worked the other way as well so stay positive!

Back