New phone recommendations please!

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
Hi there!

As I'm able to upgrade my contract with O2 and my wages go up in September (the joys of being a teacher on Main scale :)) I'm considering getting rid of my sim only contract and having a s****y new phone from October.

Now there's lots of different phones available, but I'm contemplating a Smart phone, or an iPhone. Here's some of the possibilities:

Nokia Lumia
Blackberry Bold/Curve
Sony Xperia
Samsung Galaxy S II
HTC X/V/Desire C/One S
Samsung Galaxy Note

iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4

Samsung Galaxy Ace

I know that's a long list, but does anyone have any recommendations? It would be a 24 month contract for £36 a month (about £11 a month more than my current tariff (but with a s****y new phone! :D)

My current phone has a 5MP camera, so I'm not keen on ones with anything less than that - so I think that rules the iPhone 3GS out, but I'm not sure of any others.

All advice gratefully received! :)

Sian xx

I've got an iphone & love it, it's easy to use; OH has a blackberry through work & just doesn't like it at all, he said it keeps breaking & not user friendly.

With things like this it's a pity you can't try before you buy, I've been going on for ages about getting an ipad, but what put me off is the cost & would I really use it other than on holiday. Well we bought one & it's brill I'm so glad I bought it, but a 'try before you buy' would have saved me weeks of deliberating.

hi i had an iphone 4 until Thursday i upgraded to the new samsung S3 white its fab :) but really the iphone 4 will always be the best phone everrrr lol

Ive only ever looked at the Blackberry and the buttons too small for me, I would like an I Phone but I need a job 1st LOL

My samsung ace is brullebt and does everything i want. Bonus as it is cheaper then an iphone but i would never get anyways as i am anti apple!!!

Depends what you want to use it for, but I would say Samsung galaxy s2/3 or iphone 4s are probably the best out there. My OH has iphone and loves it. I have the first galaxy and its really similar to the iphone but the mp3 player on it isnt as good. But camera internet and apps on it are great.

I'm due to upgrade next month and looking at the galaxy note. Its the same as the galaxy s2 but has a bigger screen so is better for the internet which is mainly what I use my phone for along with texting.

Hi there!

As I'm able to upgrade my contract with O2 and my wages go up in September (the joys of being a teacher on Main scale :)) I'm considering getting rid of my sim only contract and having a s****y new phone from October.

Now there's lots of different phones available, but I'm contemplating a Smart phone, or an iPhone. Here's some of the possibilities:

Nokia Lumia
Blackberry Bold/Curve
Sony Xperia
Samsung Galaxy S II
HTC X/V/Desire C/One S
Samsung Galaxy Note

iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4

Samsung Galaxy Ace

I know that's a long list, but does anyone have any recommendations? It would be a 24 month contract for £36 a month (about £11 a month more than my current tariff (but with a s****y new phone! :D)

My current phone has a 5MP camera, so I'm not keen on ones with anything less than that - so I think that rules the iPhone 3GS out, but I'm not sure of any others.

All advice gratefully received! :)

Sian xx

iPhone 5 is expected to be announced very soon....so you could be better off waiting for that...

iPhone 5 is expected to be announced very soon....so you could be better off waiting for that...

I wouldn't be able to afford the phone :( I'd like the 4S, but it's over £100 as a one off payment before starting on the contract!

Iphone 4s all the way for me! You may be better to wait for the iphone 5 to come out (november) but only because the iphone 4s will then most probably become free :)

I got my 4s free anyway on the full monty deal on T mobile. Just asked your provider what they can do for you.

I compared the differences between the 4 and 4s and apart from the camera, Siri and processor speed, there are not that many other differences.

I use Itunes, but don't have any issues with it.

Iphone 4s all the way for me! You may be better to wait for the iphone 5 to come out (november) but only because the iphone 4s will then most probably become free :)

I got my 4s free anyway on the full monty deal on T mobile. Just asked your provider what they can do for you.

I compared the differences between the 4 and 4s and apart from the camera, Siri and processor speed, there are not that many other differences.

I use Itunes, but don't have any issues with it.

Ooo, I hadn't considered that the iPhone 4S would probably become free when the iPhone 5 comes out. Good thinking! In that case I may well wait until the newer model comes out before I think about upgrading. Whenever I think of Siri I think of Raj in The Big Bang Theory, lol! :D

Not the HTC. They are horrible. There isn't enough internal memory to swing a cat. My husband detests his.

The new IPhone is tipped to come out in sept BTW.....

dudette2001uk said:
With the iPhone, can you transfer music files from your computer folders? Or does it have to be through iTunes? I've never used iTunes so I don't know how it works!

Yeah it's easy. There's about a million YouTube vids showing you how to do it ;)

Had a iPhone gettin on for 3 years .... Great phone although the things I don't like .... No flash player , can't share music , I use Spotify on my phone never the iPod ... I'm going for the Sam galaxy 2 or 3 on my upgrade can't come soon enough woop woop x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Sian

Just t muddy the waters I have both Iphone 4 and Samsung Galaxy SIII - the latter i bought last week.

Firstly, the Iphone is a better looking and better made phone, and feels solid. The icons and user interface is far superior to the Galaxy SIII which lookslike a toy and feels "Plasticky" and would break as soon as you look at it!

Appearances can be deceiving.........

Take a car or house key and scrape it down the front of the Samsung Galaxy S III and see if you can mark it!! - it has "Gorilla Glass" and is amazing! - DON'T try this with the Iphone lol.

The Galaxy S III and its icons an be improved by changing the icons & widgets to make it look less "kiddy"

The Galaxy S III can be had on the 3 network with unlimited data/browsing (really unlimited) 2000 anytime minutes + 5000 three-to-three minutes and 5000 texts per month for £33 monthly and just £29 for the phone.

The Iphone 4S can be available for Free at m places.

The Galaxy S III wins hands down though. It is much better, faster, better processor and has flash. It has a better camera and HD video if that matters. Best of all you can add up to 64gb memory via a micro SD card which will store hundreds of movies, tens of thousand of songs, millions of apps and loads of pics and vids.

I love my iphone as I have all the Apple lineup. But the Galaxy is the better phone. Whichever technology is new to you takes a little getting used to.

The larger screen of the Galaxy make it great.

Apple will need to make the Iphone 5 with a bigger screen, faster processor, better battery life, flash (never gonna happen) and upgrdeable to 80gb unlikely) to regain its crown.

PS forget HTC & Blackberry - so it is Iphone 5 v Galaxy S III. Until the next one comes along!

Back