New products from convention . .

angelupnorth

Gold Member
Evening all

Just heard the spicy tom soup if being replaced with tomato & basil :)

Two new meal sachets 200kcal each are mushroom risotto & spaghetti Bolognese, apparently they will be allowed on all steps .

Also a new cook fresh book available.

I've not heard about any new bars as of yet x

I can't wait to try these - hope they'll be similarly priced to bars.

My Consultant said new shakes as well - they had to choose between Key Lime, Chocolate and Hazelnut, Ginger Cake or Cinnamon Swirl - I know I couldn't choose! Though if I had to I think Chocolate and Hazelnut, sound like it would be lush warm!

I can't wait to try these - hope they'll be similarly priced to bars. My Consultant said new shakes as well - they had to choose between Key Lime, Chocolate and Hazelnut, Ginger Cake or Cinnamon Swirl - I know I couldn't choose! Though if I had to I think Chocolate and Hazelnut, sound like it would be lush warm!

I agree the chocolate hazelnut would get my vote :)

image-1191654120.jpg

Not one for me !

image-3245757746.jpg

The new Bolognese, looks far better than I had thought x

thanks angel for posting this i had no idea that there were new products on the go. think i will give the lime a try but not overly hopeful. might even go for a spag bol too it does look better than expected
jx

thanks angel for posting this i had no idea that there were new products on the go. think i will give the lime a try but not overly hopeful. might even go for a spag bol too it does look better than expected jx
I think they are available from Jan 2015, same price as the bars :)

Last edited:
I tried the Risotto today and it was nice. Tasted like the Mushroom soup but with rice in it; my consultant said that the general consensus is that it feels like an addition to a meal and I'll agree with that. I think it would be lovely on SS+ with a chicken breast but on it's own it felt like sort of half a meal. I know that sounds silly from someone who's diet is mostly liquid (apart from a bar a day!) but it's true! Plus it takes a LOT longer to prepare; like the Rice Pudding it requires 10 minutes soaking time and then microwaving and I can never get the consistency right with those- they always end up exploding over my microwave! Nice to try for a change, but I think I'll stick to the soups for my lunches.

Thanks for letting us know. I've seen a few pictures and from what I've seen I agree on the consistency I have seen someone added extra mushroom to thicken it out.
I guess I will try it, more out of curiosity I love the tetras for the sheer convenience of it and whilst I enjoy the rice pudding I'm just not sure it's worth the effort x

I really can't wait to get the spag boll in the new year. Oh yeahhhhhh!!! Xx

Back