New scales are here and I love them..........

justgina

taking it 1 day at a time
My new scales arrived this afternoon and they are fantastic. Jumped on them before tea and I am so happy with the results. I've disregarded the weight since I usually weigh first thing in the morning, but, my bodyfat is down at 27.7%, bone mass is right in the middle at 2.4kg, body water was 50% (not sure if thats in range or not, will have to do some research), my visceral fat rating is 5 (1 to 12 is healthy) and, best of all, my basal metabolic age (which is really a measure of calorie burning tissue, ie muscle, is just 30, 15 years below my actual age!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really wish I had had all this information before I started dieting to see how things have improved. I can remember my bodyfat measuring between 36 and 38% so to get it down to 27.7% is absolutely fantastic.

Off to add a few more columns to my spreadsheet, I feel a new obsession coming on, lol!!!

Blimey! they chuck out more info than mine!

It's all interesting to know though, and it only goes to show that there's more to this than just 'weight'.

Nice one.

I'm thinking of taking them up to my Mum's tomorrow to compare them to hers. Hers agreed with my old ones so I'll be interested to know if these do too.

My new ones do water, fat, weight but not all that other stuff!!! But they were only £14.99 lol
Bren xx

May be worth a go, just out of interest, like. But don't be surprised if there's a lb or two difference. Just approach it as an 'experiment' and don't let any differences (if any) bother you too much - for all we know, these ones may be more right than the ones that broke...

it's the week-on-week difference that matters, and not necessarily the smaller numbers :)

Back