New - someone help me please!!!

Discussion in 'Celebrity Slim' started by Ell2577, 24 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Ell2577

Ell2577 Member

Can someone please explain the concept of the Avidlite shakes to me. I bought the sachets of the drink last week thinking that I could treat them more or less like the CD shakes . I looked at the nutritional information today before buying anymore and they look ridiculously high in carbs. BUT the tubs are in comparison really low.

Which ones should I be using.....I was having 2 shakes and a protein meal on a night.

Can someone please let me know how they use them and what weight losses etc they have had.

I have emailed Sarah from the site but she is confusing me..........

Thanks in advance Ell

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JustForMe

JustForMe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.37%)
    its not an "official" diet as such, we've just been using the dietmeal shakes as a replacement to CS ones.

it is nothing like cambridge

4. JustForMe

JustForMe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.37%)
    forgot to add you dont need to count carbs etc, just try keep relatively low carb and low fat and youll be fine

5. Ell2577

Ell2577 Member

Thanks for your reply...so would it be ok to have like a shake morning and lunchtime then have a protein meal for tea? Would ketosis still happen? Would you have the sachets or the tubs...sorry to be a pest I'm jus confused!!

6. JustForMe

JustForMe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.37%)
    well when you look at the list of shakes on teh avidlite website only use the MEAL REPLACEMENT ones. or have the soupd

then replace for 2 of the 3 meals a day it doesnt always have to be the evening meal.

for the main meal have low carb, high protein.

you can also have 3 snacks throughout the days like fruit or meat or nuts

plus drink 2 litres of water

hope this helps

7. JustForMe

JustForMe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.37%)
    sorry forgot to metion ketosis. this isnt supposed to be a ketosis based diet but if you do really low carb with your snacks and main meal ketosis is possible :)

but isnt on the CS shakes :)

i know this because i used the avidlite shakes to get into ketosis myself :)

8. Ell2577

Ell2577 Member

Thanks so much for your help. I've had a look and the shake sachets that I have are a total meal replacement so I should be able to use the It just threw me a little bit when I looked at the carb content of them...I thought it was way too high!!!!

I was hoping the ketosis would help ease the hunger pangs but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen.

Thanks again!

9. JustForMe

JustForMe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.37%)
    the carb content is nothing compared to cs ones.

they have nearly 50% less especially when made with water

10. Ell2577

Ell2577 Member

Mmmmm ish...is this where you take off the fibre content from the carbs shown which brings you back to the net carb figure?

11. JustForMe

JustForMe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.37%)
    yea something like that. not to go into details...but i edited my last post. like i said the carb content is half that of the original cs shakes.

i used to do lipotrim, having three packets of shakes a day and they totalled about 30g of carbs ll together.

so if you have 2 packets of shakes, and low carb the rest of it counting 10 - 15 g of carbs for the rest of the day ie main meal and snacks you should easily be able to achieve ketosis :)

thats what im doing anyhow

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.