New Start, New Diary.....

I've some scale reserved in argos so will either get them before or during break at work if I fancy the dander over or collect them after work tomorrow. Only thing is I won't see how accurate they are with SW scales until next Wednesday but I will see if my weight budges during the week!

Nothing only coffee this morning. Going to get something to eat now and clean the house a bit before work

B: coffee. Apple and banana
L: 2 M sausages in tomato sauce with onions and peppers. Rice.
D: actifry potatoes with cheese (A) and beans
S: grapes, hazelnut options with marshmallows (3). 2 rocky road (B) and peanut hifi (B)

Did try a dal recipe from the latest magazine. Did not turn out well at all! Hardly any ate by me and bf and rest went in bin :( Quite disappointed cos the last few I tried were lovely (also meant I had to make something else for tomorrow's lunch!) Lucky I picked up a tin of new potatoes from tesco earlier so just stuck them in the actifry.

Saturday: Extra Easy

B: coffee x2, apple and banana
L: speed soup with 4 ryvita (B) and 3 dairylea light triangles (A combined with milk in coffees!), more coffee
S: banana, grapes
D: out for dinner, had hake with mash, white wine sauce and green beans. No idea on syns but mash was very creamy!
S: slice of birthday cake (? syns) and a few crisps (really not that many, less than a handful!)

Sunday: back to green :)
Was working 12.30- 5 so messes up lunch!!

Brunch: 3 LM sausages and 2 scrambled eggs. coffee
S: orange, grapes
D: pasta bake (sauce made from speed soup with extra veg/herbs) with quorn meatballs (HEA of cheese)
S: malteser reindeer (8 syns) and so far 1 rocky road. Will have another hifi when I get home from mums.

Felt really bloated Friday and Saturday. Not so much today, really need to remember to keep drinking! Got the WW scales from argos. Weighed 10.10 on them on Friday evening before dinner, obv more after. Was 10.6 this morning, this was before eating anything!! Will keep an eye on them to see what way the weight is going. I was 10 st 8.5 at SW on Wednesday but not sure what the difference is between them and mine. Hoping it's not that much or else I'm looking at a 1.5 lb gain!!

Today

B: grapes and 2 satsumas covered in mandarin mullerlight
L: baked potato with cheese (A) and beans.
D: Lancashire hotpot (1 syn) with roast veg
S: cups of BNS soup and potato and leek soup, more satsumas, 2 rocky road (B), xmas hifi ( B) and cornetto (8 or 8.5 syns, , can't remember!)

Thank you both!! I really like the hotpot, it just takes a good while in the oven. Am looking forward to trying the cheese and onion pie, still need to get the cottage cheese for it.

2.5 lb off this week! Am delighted, I know I've been good but wasn't expecting that much! Need to keep it up this week ans resist the choc cravings I know I'll have this weekend. Seen a thing on here about slicing 2 bananas, make a paste out of options hot choc, pour that over the banana slices plus sprinkle over 2 crushed dime mikado and then put in freezer for an hour. So a chocolatey snack for 3 syns. Planning that for Saturday night

Today

Working 1- 5.30 so messed up breakfast/lunch times!

Brunch: coffee, 2 scambled eggs, 2 LM sausages and fried mushrooms. 1 syn of red sauce
S: Satsuma
Dinner: (was in a rush for weigh in) 2 satsumas covered in mandarin mullerlight. Rocky road.
S: rocky road and ww yogurt.

Realising this isn't a lot of food, I usually eat far more. Perhaps this is why the loss is that big?!

Last edited:
Just had a big bowl of grapes and banana covered in a chopped up alpen light and rocky road and honeyed peach greek ml (0.5). Got the yogurts on the way home and couldn't wait to try!

I've been roped into working another 13 hour shift tomorrow so off to get food sorted. Lucky I've soup in freezer to do to later breaks but need to get breakfast sorted. Definitely eating less yogurt tomorrow. Think 3 is too many but was excited to see the different flavoured ww dessert yogurts as hadn't seen them in a while and love them!

Well done on the weight loss Ally.

I have my own scales and as I get weighed in the morning that is the only time of the day I check. Before breakfast that is. Mine weigh 1lb heavier than SW.
I usually take something with me to eat if I am staying.

Keep going, 6lb to go - fabulous

Hi
Please cab you tell me what is speed soup
Thanks
Livvy

Hi Livvy,

It's is the easiest thing to make!!
All it is is 2 tins of chopped tomatoes, a tin of carrots, a tin of baked beans and a pickled onion (1 large or 2-3 small). Blend it all together and heat!! I add half a cup of veg stock as it is quite thick. I also add some chilli flakes, garlic granules, oregano and celery salt. Some of the people in my SW group say it tastes like Heinz tomato soup (apparently it's the pickled onion that does it!), I don't think it does but it is very handy for whenever you have no time.
My mum would sometimes add some finely chopped onion and red pepper. Since it makes LOADS I have used it to make pasta bake, just added veg and more herbs!

EDIT: there is also a 12 speed soup that has far more 'speed' ingredients. I've never tried it but I'm sure it's on minis somewhere if you wanted to give it a try!

Last edited:
Well done on the weight loss Ally.

I have my own scales and as I get weighed in the morning that is the only time of the day I check. Before breakfast that is. Mine weigh 1lb heavier than SW.
I usually take something with me to eat if I am staying.

Keep going, 6lb to go - fabulous

Thanks Doreen :) Only 3.5lb to go now :D Wasn't on my laptop last night and don't think you can update stats on the app.

I wish I could get to a morning group but none suit (plus I like the ones who go to my evening group). I'd get to target quicker since I weigh less in morning than evening lol. I bought scales during the week to see how I'm doing, mine seem to weigh 1lb heavier than SW too.

Fantastic loss hun! :) that banana thing sounds amazing, let me know once you have tried it :) x

Sent from my GT-I9100P using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks :D I will, planning to try it on Saturday, am looking forward to it. Hopefully it turns out good!!

B: coffee, 2 satsumas and a banana
L: coffee, potato and leek soup, 2 ryvita with dairylea (A and B), malteaser reindeer (8)
S: BNS soup, grapes, more coffee (!)
D: sweet potato wedges, 3 LM sausages and beans.

Was working 8-9 so dinner wasn't till really late. Lucky my OH had it ready for me coming home :) I did ring him and ask to on my way home and wedges are the easiest thing since they just need chopped up and then can be thrown into the actifry with sausages. Still have another HEB to use, or really 1.5 and a HEA but not really hungry after my big plate of wedges!

oh wow you're so close! I've just read through the thread and I'm excited for you!! Good luck at next weigh in :)

Thanks!! Fingers crossed I can get it in the next 3 weeks... normally don't like setting deadlines for myself but hoping I can :)

Back