New Start, New Diary.....

Oh and bf did take the rest of the cake with him to work so no more temptation there :D I will have now have no more birthday cake around me until March (when my Granny turns 98!!! :eek:) Just need to avoid the Christmas goodies now!!

Food is planned, food shopping done and 12 portions of soup made! 4 potato and leek, 4 BNS and 4 carrot and sweet potato :)

Today:
Brunch: leek, pea and red pepper frittata (half A) with the rest of the tomato sauce from last night. Recipe is based on this one Leek, pea and red pepper frittata - Tesco Real Food - Tesco Real Food except I halved everything except eggs (used 3) and used 40g of cheese! Still have half left for tomorrows dinner.
S: orange, big cup of vegetable soup
D: carrot and sweet potato soup, 4 ryvita (B) with 3 dairylea (A).
S: orange hifi (B), satsuma, banana and lemon greek ml (0.5)

Hi Ally, food does sound good.

Can I ask you a question about freezing soup. When I get my frozen soup from thr freezer & thaw it out it is so thin. I have been told since to heat it when thawed and it will thicken back up again. Do you find that is ok?

The other thing is how much approx do you use of Sweet Potato and Carrot for your soup?
I love BNS & carrot and potato & sweetcorn, not tried potato and leek yet. The main reason being that I only do one type at a time because not confident with the freezing.

Soup maker, my DIL wants to get me one for christmas, but I`m not sure, I usually make a large saucepanful. What sort of quantities does it make please.

Last edited:
Sound like a plan..wel done sounds Fab..:)

Hi Ally, food does sound good.

Can I ask you a question about freezing soup. When I get my frozen soup from thr freezer & thaw it out it is so thin. I have been told since to heat it when thawed and it will thicken back up again. Do you find that is ok?

The other thing is how much approx do you use of Sweet Potato and Carrot for your soup?
I love BNS & carrot and potato & sweetcorn, not tried potato and leek yet. The main reason being that I only do one type at a time because not confident with the freezing.

Soup maker, my DIL wants to get me one for christmas, but I`m not sure, I usually make a large saucepanful. What sort of quantities does it make please.

Hi Doreen,

I have no problems with freezing soup, I take it out of the freezer the night before and it will be fully defrosted for lunch time (or if I've forgot to take it out the night before, I defrost it in the microwave too before heating it!) BNS soup comes out fine though I've found the potato and leek goes a weird texture, sort of like it separates but after giving it a good stir it's fine. They would still be as thick, both would be blended soup, I've never froze chunky soup.

The carrot soup I made yesterday was a bit of an experiment. I remember once adding sweet potato to either BNS or carrot and not liking it but I tried this last night and I liked it. I used probably about 6 small-medium carrots, 2 red onions and 1 sweet potato. It did taste quite 'carroty' but I liked it.

The soup maker has a maximum 1.6 litre capacity (minimum 1.3 l). On amazon that is described as serving 6 but I would get 4 decent sized portions out of it :)

I definitely recommend it, I love mine :D

Not long to weigh in now.. can't wait to get it over with! Scales were actually quite nice this morning, sometimes I wish I did go to a morning group!

Food so far today
B: 2 satsumas and a banana
L: BNS soup with 2 ryvita (B) and dairylea triangle (part A). Lemon greek ml (0.5)
D: leftover frittata from yesterday (part A)

Hi Doreen,

I have no problems with freezing soup, I take it out of the freezer the night before and it will be fully defrosted for lunch time (or if I've forgot to take it out the night before, I defrost it in the microwave too before heating it!) BNS soup comes out fine though I've found the potato and leek goes a weird texture, sort of like it separates but after giving it a good stir it's fine. They would still be as thick, both would be blended soup, I've never froze chunky soup.

The carrot soup I made yesterday was a bit of an experiment. I remember once adding sweet potato to either BNS or carrot and not liking it but I tried this last night and I liked it. I used probably about 6 small-medium carrots, 2 red onions and 1 sweet potato. It did taste quite 'carroty' but I liked it.

The soup maker has a maximum 1.6 litre capacity (minimum 1.3 l). On amazon that is described as serving 6 but I would get 4 decent sized portions out of it :)

I definitely recommend it, I love mine :D

Thanks so much for that Ally I am gonna try the carrot & sweet potato.:)

Thanks so much for that Ally I am gonna try the carrot & sweet potato.:)

No problem at all! Another carrot one I like is carrot and coriander. It's 1 large white/spanish onion, a load of carrots and stock. Add in some ground coriander- never have done exact measurements. My friend would also add some chopped fresh coriander at the end but I never have it!

Completely shocked with a half off tonight!! Really don't think it's deserved and hoping it doesn't show up next week but I'm determined to have a 100% week this week. Got the 'extra easy entertaining' recipe book tonight. Even though I don't eat meat (apart from fish), there's loads of things I want to try from it!

Thanks everyone :) I was at the same weight 3 weeks ago but then had that gain! Why does weight always take longer to come off than it does to go on?? Just realised it was this time 2 years ago (well a wee bit closer to xmas than now) that I also got 2lb from target (target was 10.4 at the time) but then nights out and christmas happened and I never got that close to target again. Actually stayed in the 11s for pretty much a year constantly yoyoing. Determined not to let that repeat this time so really want a great week. Secretly aiming for the whole 2lb off this week but know that could be aiming too high but still...

Food the past 2 days has been good. Actually sticking to the food plan I made on Tuesday :D

Thursday:

B: banana and clementine
L: carrot soup and 2 ryvita (half B) and dairylea (part A), clementine
D: massive portion of pasta bake (chopped tomatoes, chilli, garlic, quorn meatballs, onion, peppers) topped with cheese (A and half B)
S: 2 clementines, peanut hifi (B)

Friday:

B: porridge (A and B) with raspberries and a banana
L: salad: 2 quorn fillets, lettuce, tomato, onion, grated carrot, egg, pepper, cheese (half A) and salad cream (1). clementine
S: mullerlight
D: 2 LM sausages, a lot of sweet potato wedges and beans.
S: squares (7.5) and chirstmas pudding hifi (B)

Total syns: 8.5
Weekly: 8.5/105

B: banana, apple and pear.
L: BNS soup, 2 ryvita (B) and 1 dairylea triangle (part A), apple and pear.
D: quorn chilli, rice, 1 taco shell (3.5) and wee bit of salad.

Still full from dinner, first ever time making chilli and I really liked it. Not keen on the taco shells (bf wasn't ether!) so next time will give them a miss and stick just with rice!
So still syns and another B to have. Not sure on what yet since I can not eat another bite at the moment!

Off work tomorrow and looking forward to trying the meringue thing from the new recipe book for me and mum :) Hopefully it turns out yum. I've tried a few SW desserts before that never turn out right!

So a box of maltesers(30) fell into my mouth last night, after a flake (7) and choc orange hifi (B)

Should still be able to keep within syns this week but pretty much doubt a 2 lb loss. Totm and feeling quite bloated. Will drink plenty of juice today!

Syns yesterday 40.5!
Weekly: 49/105

Last edited:
B: banana, apple and pear.
L: BNS soup, 2 ryvita (B) and 1 dairylea triangle (part A), apple and pear.
D: quorn chilli, rice, 1 taco shell (3.5) and wee bit of salad.

Still full from dinner, first ever time making chilli and I really liked it. Not keen on the taco shells (bf wasn't ether!) so next time will give them a miss and stick just with rice!
So still syns and another B to have. Not sure on what yet since I can not eat another bite at the moment!

Off work tomorrow and looking forward to trying the meringue thing from the new recipe book for me and mum :) Hopefully it turns out yum. I've tried a few SW desserts before that never turn out right!

Hope the meringue turns out nicely :) I've not had much success with sw dessert recipes either. Mains are fantastic but the only successful dessert has been the apple betty that you got me into ;) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back