New Start, New Diary.....

I think the meringue part should turn out OK since it uses proper sugar. It just the topping I'm unsure of since it's made from natural yogurt, quark and sweetener! I'll let you know how it turns out :)

i like the part where those goodies fell into your mouth
You know what though, with 26lbs gone and only 2lbs to go, whats one extra week of SW between friends?
I think you've done fabulously!!!
I cannot wait to have a healthy BMI such as yours! Very well done!
Do you have before pics that you plan to post with after pics after this 2lbs??

Meringue was a massive fail :( I think the recipe is fine but the problem was me making it! I've never made it before so think maybe I over mixed it?? Recipe said to leave it in oven for an hour and a half until the base is crisp. Did that but the base wasn't crisp so left it in longer but it never went crisp. Then the top seemed sticky?? The actual topping (of the natural yogurt and quark) was actually nice! I had to add more sweetener than it said though. Anyone any meringue making tips for me?? I'l ask mum when I go down later cos I think if I can get it right it will be really nice for the amount of syns!

Anyway, it seems like I've been in the kitchen all day! Also tried making the tomato and sweet pepper dip but didn't like it at all! I used the peppers mentioned (mild sweet peppadew peppers) but the dip was really tangy! Not sweet like I was imagining it to be. Then tried chickpea dahl loaf. Really like it :) Then made dinner. Tried the sweet potato cakes with sweet chilli mayo. I like these too :) The book makes 6 mini ones (from 1 sweet potato) to serve 2 people. I doubled the recipe and made 4 big ones out of it and they were lovely. Will be making these again.

Food today
S: pear
B: porridge (B and part A) with raspberries and banana. coffee.
L: chickpea dahl loaf
D: 2 sweet potato cakes with sweet chilli mayo (2) with salad and leftover chilli
S: badly made meringue (allowing 8 syns for what I ate of this!), choc orange hifi (B) and 2 clementines.

Really craving chocolate right now but don't want to use anymore syns (due to the malteser incident last night!). Thought I had another B to use for rocky roads until I remembered I had porridge for breakfast! Going to try the honey pomelo I got earlier this week. Apparently they take a while to get into so hopefully by then the craving will have passed!

Syns: 10
Weekly syns: 59/105

Trust me you wouldn't have liked this one!!!

I've been so bad the past few days, eating so so so much choc. Scales are showing a horrible gain. Lying here wondering whether to go to weigh in or not. Know I should but really don't want to :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I went, and so glad I did. Ended up being 2 on, which was what my scales at home said before going (this morning it was 4 on :eek: ) C suggested to plan my syns this week since that's what my problem is and not actual meals!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I was delighted it was only 2! I was dreading it being 3/4!

Busyish day today so haven't got round to planning food for the week yet. Was babysitting most of the day and then home to take the dogs to the vets for boosters and then home again for dinner.

B: 2 clementines and a banana
No lunch because I was looking after baby! Did have a coffee though
D: really wanted chilli but could find no mince in freezer so ended up having quorn meatball pasta bake (A).
S: Clementine and choc orange hifi (B)
S: crunchie (9.5), 4 ryvita and dairylea (A and B)

Last edited:
B:kiwi, apple, banana and a few raspberries chopped up and covered in mullerlight
S: 3 slices of chickpea dahl loaf
L: 3 slices of chickpea dahl loaf, carrot soup, a banana and mullerlight. 4 ryvita and 2 dairylea light triangles (half A and B)
S: apple
D: sweet potato and potato wedges, 2 LM sausages and beans. And cheese (A)

Had such a big lunch since I was working 1-9. Lunch was at 4 and am still waiting on dinner being ready!

S: crunchie (9.5) and small kinder bar (3.5)

Last edited:
I would love to have it all off this week but scales so far show it is not looking likely!

Food yesterday:
B: kiwi and 2 apples (was running low on fruit in house!)
L: BNS soup, 3 slices of chickpea dahl loaf and 4 ryvita and dairylea (A and B)
S: 2 clementines
D: was planning on doing chilli but OH had dinner on for me coming home from work so can't complain really! Although he did just do what I made on Friday night since he liked it that much! So dinner was sweet and normal potato wedges, 2 LM sausages, beans and cheese (A)! Although this time there was some green beans and corn on cob too!
S: crunchie ice cream (7), tesco salted popcorn (3), 3 maltesers (1.5?)

Done the food shop at tescos last night. Since I was going back to mums after I asked if they wanted anything back. Dad wanted a box of maltesers. They were on a 2 for offer so I bought 2. OH asked was one box going back to ours and I said no. It was a box of those maltesers that put me off track last week!!
Have bought a tin of cadburys heroes to take into work closer to christmas. Just worked out there is over 4000 calories in the tub!! Not sure on the syns per sweet...

Food today:

Brunch: coffee, bowl of pineapple, kiwi and grapes
S: chickpea dahl loaf (I ate a lot of this throughout day, maybe too much?!) and rest of pineapple. Clementines
D: big plate of quorn 5 bean chilli and rice
S: 2 rocky road (B), clementine. Choco raspberry pudding with chocolate sauce (6.5)

Scales are the same as last Wednesday, will keep at it though and hope they go down a bit by Wednesday evening. I've stuck to it really well this week, although most of my evening meals have been quite 'heavy'

Food today
B: 2 satsumas, banana and mullerlight
L: leftover quorn chilli and rice, satsuma and an apple.
S: 2 satsumas
D: cubed potatoes done in actifry with some roast (v. near burnt as I left the oven on max!) butternut squash and 2 quorn fillets
S: rocky road (B), choc orange hifi (B), raspberry danio (2.5)- kept seeing these mentioned in other diaries so wanted to try them when I seen them 3 for £1 in tesco. Really really nice. Definitely will buy again even though I don't normally like using syns on yogurts!

Think I'l have a crunchie (9.5) later too

Back