New Start, New Diary.....

It was ok, not very cakelike but I liked that it was lemony!

Food yesterday wasn't the best, sortof glad to be getting back to work so I'll be eating normally again!!

Lost 1.5lb this week :) it kept flickering between 1.5 and 2 lb so aiming to get 2 off next week :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Lol I got a few bits from iceland (mint cornetos, mini mars bars, mars ice creams and kitkats) when I was stocking up on quorn products. Very tempted to nibble at them but I've a party on Saturday where there will be plenty of temptation. Probably had more than I should have today, but will keep them lower tomorrow.

Was back at work today :( Good to get back to normality though!

B: orange, banana and ww yogurt
L: BNS soup, 4 ryvita and dairylea (A and B) and a banana
S: cup of BNS
D: mushy pea curry with some rice and chips and a quorn turkey burger
S: cookie kitkat (5.5), mars icecream (7.5), 2 rocky road (B), loads of grapes

Drinks (writing these down so I make more of an effort to drink more!):
- 1 coffee
- 2 flavoured tea
- 1 diet coke
- 750ml bottle of water
- small glass of juice

Quick update before I forget what I've ate!!

Friday: (not exact as I don't remember everything! Working 1-9 so meals not at normal times)
-sliced banana covered in banana mullerlight
- roasted tomato and onion pasta, some chickpea dahl loaf
- BNS soup with ryvita and dairylea (A and B)
- more chickpea dahl loaf, probably some fruit and more than like some sort of cereal bar for 2nd B
I know I had no syns as knew I'd be going way over them on Saturday

Drinks: 1 coffee, 2 flavoured tea, 1 normal tea and nowhere near finished my 750ml bottle of water

Saturday
- banana, apple and mullerlight
- roasted tomato and onion pasta, some chickpea dahl loaf, WW yogurt, can't remember if I had any fruit
- cup of BNS soup, 1 rocky road hifi
Syns: no idea how many, was as a party: I had some quiche, salad with homemade coleslaw (yum) and bread. Then a cupcake, 2 small cookies and rockyroad bun. Then later I had a lot more bread! There were so many types and it was all lovely!!!

Drinks: 2 coffee, some water- nowhere near finished the 750ml bottle, 2 cans of diet coke

Sunday:
Brunch: (had a long lie in as didn't get to bed to 4) mushroom and onion omelette, WW yogurt and a satsuma
Snack: satsuma and another WW yogurt
Dinner: vegetable paella and some sweet potato wedges
Snacks: 2 rocky road hifi (B), mars icecream (7- I was wrong the other day!), and have just had 2 honey monster stix (B)

Drinks: 1.5 coffee and 2 flavoured tea

This recipe makes loads!!!

You need: 1 large onion, roughly chopped
1 red and 1 yellow pepper, roughly chopped
2 crushed garlic cloves (I used lazy garlic)
2 tsp sweet smoked paprika (I had smoked paprika)
1 large pinch of saffron threads
200g tomatoes, roughly chopped
1.2l hot veg stock
340g dried paella rice
200g frozen peas
salt and ground black pepper

1. Using a large pan, stirfry peppers and onion on med heat for 6-8 mins.
2. Add garlic, paprika and saffron, cook for another min then add tomatoes and stock. Season and bring to simmer. Cook 10mins uncovered.
3. Stir in rice, bring to boil. Stir once, reduce heat and gently simmer for 10 mins, still uncovered.
4. Add peas, simmer again for 15-20 mins until rice is tender. Add more stock if needed
5. Remove pan from heat, cover with clean cloth and leave to stand for 5-10 mins to absorb steam.

Recipe says serves 4, I got 5 out of it :) Also says to serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over but I didn't have any!

Update for yesterday

B: apple, satsuma and banana mullerlight
L: carrot soup and small portion of paella
D: paella and 2 quorn turkey burgers
S: 2 rocky road (B), 2 stix (B), mint cornetto (8) and 7 syns worth of galaxy.

Drinks: 1 coffee, hardly any water and 1 flavoured tea- will try to get more drank today!

Stayed the same this week :banghead: Although thinking about it, I did go over my syns (Sat and Tues night), and I did go over them again yesterday (before and after weigh in, ooops!)

But anyway, new week starts today... Got some BNS soup cooking now ready for when I get home from work tonight and lunch tomorrow.

Not having a good weekend food wise! Don't know what is up with me recently, I just can't stick to it at all. Don't know when the last time I actually had a 100% week!!

So was thinking this morning on the way to work that I'm going to give WW a try for a month and see how I get on. One of the girls in work was telling me about it weeks ago. So this evening I've signed up online, it was £12 for the month. Still planning on going to SW for weigh in though (stupid as that sounds, OH has just gave off to me for paying for 2 diets haha) but SW is a weekly thing I do with my mum and I like the group!!

WW suggests doing 'simple start' to begin with, but I think I'l start counting points straight away. Simple start looks very similar to SW where there is unlimited potatoes, veg and fruit. But the list also has their crumpets, pitta bread and wraps on it. I was thinking I can't eat unlimited amounts of those and lose weight- but on their normal plan the potatoes, crumpets, wraps etc would all have points. Think that would help with portion sizes in the long run as very little has 0 points!!

Hey Seacrest :)

I haven't been on much but have completely abandoned SW for now and trying WW! I think I just needed something new to keep me motivated as I wasn't being able to stick to SW at all- getting a bit bored with it after nearly 3 years!!

Last week I lost half a pound- not great but I was delighted since it covered my birthday and 2 meals out.
This week I was hoping a better loss but had a big meal out again on Saturday and ended up eating a load of junk last night so would be happy with another half pound or maintain.

How have you been doing? It's been quiet on your diary!

Hi Ally, hope you had a good Easter? How is the change to WW going? I guess its a little early to see if it's working for you? I'm just piling weight on at the moment, particularly over the weekend, but I'm fasting today so hopefully that will start to redress the balance.

Brittany - good luck if you do try the 5:2. If you want my advice (& you don't have to take it!!!!) - make sure you don't overeat on the other days (this is a common pitfall), and if you've ever had an eating disorder, then I would be really careful. Having said both of those, I've been doing it for about a year - it's ok, the fast days aren't much fun to be honest though!

Brittany - good luck if you do try the 5:2. If you want my advice (& you don't have to take it!!!!) - make sure you don't overeat on the other days (this is a common pitfall), and if you've ever had an eating disorder, then I would be really careful. Having said both of those, I've been doing it for about a year - it's ok, the fast days aren't much fun to be honest though!

Hi Seacrest thanks for the advice.. I was thinking of doing the 2 fast days and then the 5 days so slimming world. A few members in my class do that. If I end up having a chocolate bar then I won't stress but i won't be having takeaways and going wild :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Have gave up on WW- too much counting and I was using too many points on junk food! Though it was nice to eat pitta breads, wraps and banana on toast! I know I can have these on SW but would have to use syns as I'm nowhere near me stocks the ones that can be used as healthy extras.

So last week had a gain of 3lb- completely deserved and this week had a loss of 1lb- completely undeserved as was eating non stop junk from Saturday night. On Sunday I didn't eat anything 'proper' apart from a mullerlight- the rest was junk. Tuesday I didn't have dinner but ate 3 dime bars and 2 bags of maltesers on the way home from work- I knew I shouldn't have bought them in the first place!!

So starting again this morning but I have no motivation. Think I am just sick of dieting but I'm not happy with my weight now- there's too much fat sitting on my hips!

So not making any long term goals, just taking it a day at a time and hoping I can actually stick to it for a full week!

Back