New start new me and a diary to keep it up!

Hey everyone!

Donna I like scrambled egg too, its a proper comfort food for me. Even better with some bacon!!

Well we bad tonight- but not as bad as could be!! Decided to have a treat and make pizza!

So food for today:

Breakfast
Muffin toasted (2syn)
Spread (2 syn)
Banana

Lunch
Paprika chicken
Cous cous (1 syn)
Muller light

Tea
Pizza!! (Home made pizza base - 15 syns)
Various toppings- 10 syns
cheese- (HEA and 5 syns)

So I am saying 30 syns for the whole thing, which is ok, as a dominos etc would have been much more. Also using it as a treat and can be extra good till Wednesday now.

I am feeling positive this week I can lose 1.5lbs for my 1st stone. Going to cook up some more stuff this weekend to freeze and go for a nice long walk, do some work in the garden. I can have a treat and still lose I know I can!!

So treat out the way- extra good till Wednesday thats the plan!

Claire

Hey everyone!!

No chance of that Donna, nothing goddess-ey about me.. yet! I hope I feel like one one day though :)

Hows your day going? I keep track of your diary all your recipies look so tasty- we tried the stroppy fellow pasta- it was really yummy.

Well I cleaned the house nothing major, just a hoover and a general tidy up and a bit around the kitchen. I am trying to find a cheap set of small shelves for the kitchen to put my spices and bottles of sauces on to tidy it up a bit. Can't find anything suitable, found some lovely vintage things but all around £50 :(

We started the garden but spitting on with rain now so given up. Its gotten bad and I HATE gardenning. I'm not really sure what to do with the borders, they are full of just green leafy-ness, I am just thinking if I spend all the effort getting it all out, it will probably just grow back! What do you usually do with gardenning?! Lol we are useless.

Well food for today:

Breakfast/Lunch
Bacon
Hash brown- (4.5 syns)
Scrambled egg
Tomato ketchup- (1 syn)

Tea
Pork steaks roasted - 3 syns because they had a little fat running through them.
Chili and lime rice- 2 syns
Stir fry peppers, onion, courgette and carrots stir fried in garlic, chicken stock and balsamic vinegar.

Total syns for the day- 10.5

HEA - Milk
HEB- Chocolate and orange hi-fi bar.

Hope everyone is having a nice day :)

Claire xx

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

I am so determined to lost 1.5lbs at least this week. I want a new shiny. I want it! Sat here watching the ace of cakes- I can't wait to get married just so I can choose what kind of cake. It would have to be chocolate fudge cake with lots of cupcakes too! Ohh i love cake. My friends call me cakey-ladey :(

What kind of cake did you have or would you have?

Breakfast
Bacon-
1 asda low fat sausage (1 syn)
White roll - HEB + (3 syn)
ketchup (1 syn)

Not sure what the rest of the day is going to be, I am off to shower and cook a batch of chili and paprika chicken now for the freezer. My Ben will help me too- I think he quite enjoys getting involved now!

Also asda shop came yesterday and got some syn friendly treats to help with any cravings. Got some coco rocks bars to try only 4.5 syns and also galaxy bubbly only 8.5 syns for the whole bar. So got them to look forward to during the week :)

Also got some cheese and onion pastry rolls things- do you know the ones I mean, like sausage rolls but with cheese and onion. I got them for Bens lunches because he loves them (so do I!) but looked them up and they are 21.5 syns per roll!! WOW! So that put any temptation into touch and I will close my eyes when I go int he fridge!!

Plan for tea is chicken and vegetable kebabs with sw wedges. Never had before so off to marinate the chicken in some tikka yum!!

Lunch
Low fat super noodles
Left over stir fry vegetable
3 tablespoons of chili
Grated babybel (1/2 HEA)

Tea
Tikka marinated chicken skewers with onion, pepper and courgette.
SW wedges

Have a great day everyone xx

Total syns for the day: 5 syn

I feel like it should me much higher in syns today but can't see where any would be hiding that I haven't counted!!

Last edited:
We just made tasty chicken tikka kebabs tonight- they were a great success!!

kebabr.jpg

I had 2 with chicken and one just veg. Even Ben ate 3 with veg yey!!

Hey everyone!!

No chance of that Donna, nothing goddess-ey about me.. yet! I hope I feel like one one day though :)

Hows your day going? I keep track of your diary all your recipies look so tasty- we tried the stroppy fellow pasta- it was really yummy.

Well I cleaned the house nothing major, just a hoover and a general tidy up and a bit around the kitchen. I am trying to find a cheap set of small shelves for the kitchen to put my spices and bottles of sauces on to tidy it up a bit. Can't find anything suitable, found some lovely vintage things but all around £50 :(

We started the garden but spitting on with rain now so given up. Its gotten bad and I HATE gardenning. I'm not really sure what to do with the borders, they are full of just green leafy-ness, I am just thinking if I spend all the effort getting it all out, it will probably just grow back! What do you usually do with gardenning?! Lol we are useless.

Thank you v much, that's really kind, I love stroppy fellow pasta (although Meg now calls it stroppy pesto), its one of our favs, haven't had it for a while!

You have been busy i did all the housework this morning, had a house full today and it looks horrendous again!

We bought some plain wooden shelves in B&Q for Meg's room, i wanted a shelf to go around her bed for teddies etc to get them out of the way, they are literally all different thickness and lengths and they are the invisible kind (where they have no brackets) I think they cost about £5 each, and we just painted them the colour of the walls, v cheap way of adding a shelf

other than that buy a spice rack for the inside of your cupboard door, i've got one and its such a godsend

don't mention garden, really wanted to get grass cut this weekend but we have had torrential rain the last 3 days

Claire - have you seen vixter's pizza base recipe, i think it works out 1HEB and 6 syns for a whole dinner plate pizza (excluding your cheese/toppings), Paul and Meg love it, the wholemeal crusty mix is with the breadmixes not the flour, it's a small brown packet
serves four people - chicken paprika:-

Ingredients

1.25 kg (3 1/4 lb) chicken, cut into 8 pieces and skinned
spray light
1 medium onion, finely sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 tbsp mild paprika
Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
140 ml (1/4 pint) chicken stock
125 g (8 oz) canned tomatoes, chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp cornflour (synned) mixed with 2 tbsps cold water
Low fat natural yoghurt

method

1. Place the spray light and onion in a large casserole dish and cook on HIGH for 3 minutes.

2. Add the garlic, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper if using and salt and pepper. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes.

3. Pour in the stock and tomatoes and stir well. Add the chicken and cook on MEDIUM for 30-40 minutes.

4. Blend the cornflour and the water and add to the chicken, stirring well. Cook for 6-7 minutes on MEDIUM or until the sauce thickens.

5. Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Spoon yoghurt over the top before serving, if desired.

Hi everyone,

Well had a bit of a blip today :(

Breakfast
Cheerio's (HEB)
Milk (HEA)

Lunch
Light babybel- (2 syn)
White roll- (8 syn)
Ham
Extra light laughing cow- (1 syn)
Seabrook crisps- (8.5 syn)

Total syns- 20.5 :(

Well 100% weekend, bad bank holiday Monday!!

Tea
garlic and soy sauce steak
SW wedges
Salad
Low fat mayo- (1 syn)

Hey everyone :wavey:

I had a slight accident with a share pouch of maltesers last night.... and they ended up nearly empty :s

But drawing a line under it, good day today and tomorrow and a little prayer to the WI God and I might see a loss tomorrow!

Breakfast
2 boiled egg
3 danish ww toast (HEB)
Low fat spread (3 Syn)
Milk- HEA

Lunch
Wholegrain pasta in sauce
Grapes and strawberries
Muller light
Banana

Tea
Chili - (2syn)
Uncle Ben's mexican rice half pouch (1.5 syn)

Half a tiny sausage roll- took it out fridge bit into it and then thought what am I doing!! In the bin it went!! - (2 syn)

Cup of tea and a coco rocks bar 4.5 syns

Total syns 13

Last edited:
Oh I'm chuffed :)

I follow an artist called Kurt Halsey, he isn't really very famous but I love his style of art, very sentimental and I can really relate. He releases sketches he does on his website and they range from $40-200.

They also sell so quickly and because he's in America they usually go on his site during the night and I miss them.But I just managed to get this one! I felt really connected with it.

momentspast.jpg

I like it because it makes me think about when times are hard, when I think about bad things in the past- to breathe because they are no longer in my life, the moments passed, to let them go and that my life is full of good things. Just wanted to share it with you all because I think its lovely :)

Oh I'm chuffed :)

I follow an artist called Kurt Halsey, he isn't really very famous but I love his style of art, very sentimental and I can really relate. He releases sketches he does on his website and they range from $40-200.

They also sell so quickly and because he's in America they usually go on his site during the night and I miss them.But I just managed to get this one! I felt really connected with it.

momentspast.jpg

I like it because it makes me think about when times are hard, when I think about bad things in the past- to breathe because they are no longer in my life, the moments passed, to let them go and that my life is full of good things. Just wanted to share it with you all because I think its lovely :)

that sketch is beautiful i understand why you like the artists work, do you draw? I wish i could, meg was about 6 when she started laughing at my attempts lol

Hey everyone!!

Donna - No I can't draw- wish I could. I am quite crafty though I like making things- people always say I should have been a blue peter presenter because I love stuff like that!!

I love to write poetry too :)

Glad you like Kurt's stuff- a lot of people hate it because its quite twee and sentimental, but thats the great thing about art you can like what you like!

Well I have WI tonight, I would love to get that 1.5 for my stone shiney!! Its taken so long! I weighed this morning and was 16.5 so thats my shiny an 1.5 extra pounds, but I know the scales could be wrong so not going to get my hopes up!!

Been good this week apart from malteser-gate!!

Food for today:

Breakfast
Bacon
scrambled egg
1 low fat sausage- (1 syn)
2 ww toast (2/3 HEB)
Low fat spread - (2 Syn)

Lunch
Wholegrain garlic pasta in sauce- had about 5 forkfuls it was NASTY!!
Grapes, strawberries, banana
Toffee Muller light

Tea
Paprika chicken- (2 syn)
AH cous cous- (1 syn)

Low fat alpen bar- (3 syn)

Total syns 9

Later I may finish off them maltesers!! There is only about a normal bags worth left so see how weigh in goes!!

Will update later!!

Also,.. Hayley where have you gone!!?

Last edited:
I DID IT!!!!! :party0011:

I lost 2.5lbs taking me to 15!! hurrah!!

Hey everyone

Well hoping to have another good week, food for today:

Breakfast
Shredded Wheat (HEB)
Semi skimmed milk (HEA)

Lunch
Ham
Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber
Extra light mayo (2 syn)
Extra light laughing cow triange (1 syn)
Light babybel ( 2 syn)

Apple
Banana
Grapes and Strawberries
Muller light

Alpen light bar- (3 syn)

Tea
I did the pork fillet wrapped in stuffing and parma ham, was nice!!
Stuffing - (2 syn)
Parma ham (2 syn)
SW wedges
Stir fry veg

Total syns: 12

I am having a chocolate pudding tonight for a treat :) I know I shouldn't because they are about 25 syns :eek:

Morning everyone

Well I had my chocolate pudding last night- an it wasn't worth the 24 syns I think it was!! Going to get my OH to eat the other one!!

Breakfast
3 danish ww toast
Low fat spread - 3 syn
Scambled eggs

Lunch
Left over:
Stir fry veg
couple slimming world wedges
chick pea dahl
stuffing! - 2 syn

Grapes, strawberries and muller light

Snacks: apple and banana

For tea I am having a Chinese, but going to try and make a good choice and only eat half! Bring the rest home for OH :)

Just realised my ticker is 0.5 lbs out! NAUGHTY TICKER! Not letting me change it either. Have to try later on.

Hope you all have a great, so glad its Friday, wasn't feeling very well last night and when I get like that its usually due to stress. So relaxy weekend for me I think.

C x

Hey everyone,

I've had a bit of a bad day today :s

Had a Chinese last night, didn't made a bad choice really- house special rice- only ate half so about 8 syns I think- but also had about 5 little fried chicken wings :( and 2 little spring rolls- oops!! Wasn;t annoyed at the because I had planned to have takeaway so thats alright.

Not been feeling too good last couple of days so just haven't been bothered today hence the crap food!!

Breakfast
Bacon
2 slices ww toast
Ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch
There was about a third of the chinese left so Ben and I shared the rest- 4 syns?
Then because that was only small we have a burger :(
Burger- 6 syn
Cheese topped roll- 10 syns. (Going to not have a HEB tomorrow and so deduct 6 syns. I know I shouldn't but it will make me feel better doing it this way!) Also only had 2 slices ww danish and allowance is 3 so thats another 2 syns I can use towards it so only have to count 2 syns for the roll! (Isn't it ridiculous how we justify thing!)
Sauce - ( 2syns)

Galaxy bubbley bar - (8.5 syns)

So total syns so far today : 23.5 :(

Not sure what tea will be am absolutely exhausted- so maybe something out the freezer. Oh well new day tomorrow. Hopefully if I have Sunday-Wednesday 110% I might STS or lose a little at WI on wednesday.

Disappointed I did so well last weekend and had a bad day today. One good point about work it find it much easier to keep in routine.

Hope your all having a better day than me!!

Claire

Well I am hoping that I don't gain this week :( I have not been on it at all and I am annoyed at myself!! I have a horrible week coming up at work next week so not looking forward to that. I am just trying to concentrate on my holiday in 7 weeks. I can't wait to have some time with my boy relaxing- its been a hard year.

So lets hope that I can pull it back.

Breakfast
Omelette with onions, low fat matthesons sausage (3.5 syns) tomato and cheese (HEA)
2 hash browns - (4 syns)
Tomato ketchup- (1 syn)

Lunch
Small jacket potato
Chick pea dahl
Some tuna and extra light mayo (0.5 syn)
1 light babybel graterer on top- (2 syn)

We planned to made a home made pizza tonight but it will take me over syns so might have it tomorrow instead.

Claire x

Last edited:
Back