New start new me and a diary to keep it up!

Freshstartnewme!

Gold Member
Well a bit about me- I am 25 and have always battled with my weight! I lost about 3 stone late 2008 but since meeting my partner Ben its all crept back on plus some!

I have got to the point now where I really want to lose it because I want to feel good about myself and wear lovely clothes while I am still reasonably young and can enjoy doing it! I also have a holiday in October to look forward too and I am going the 10k run on October 10th also. I did this last year and although did better than I thought would love to beat my time.

My goal is my 26th birthday in Feb, I would like to be less that 13 stone.

I am doing slimming world and am on the EE plans- I find it quite good as I can eat lots of free foods, but its the weekends where I am coming unstuck!

I write my food diary everyday, but really enjoy reading other peoples and getting idea's so I thought as I can't afford to do the classes I will do it on here and post my weight every week.

So my food diary this week so far has been:

Monday 5/7/10
HEB: 2 slices ww bread
HEA: 250 ml semi skimmed milk

Breakfast:
1 slice ww bread (2.5 Syn)
1 tsp low fat marg (1 Syn)
bannana

Lunch:
2 slices ww bread (HEB)
Ham and salad
Extra light mayo instead of butter- 1 Syn

Apple
Muller light yogurt

Tea:
Turkey stirfry with onion, peppers, courgette
Hoi sin and garlic sauce - (4.5 Syn)

Snack: Low fat super noodles
Options hot chocolate (2 Syn)

Total Syn: 11

Tuesday 6/7/10:

HEB: 2 slices ww bread
HEA: 250 ml skimmed milk

Breakfast
1 slice ww bread (2.5)
1 tsp low fat marg (1)
bananna

Lunch
2 slices ww bread (HEB)
Ham and salad
Extra light mayo (1 Syn)
Snack a jack (5.5)

Apple
Muller light

For tea we are going to have

Omlette- eggs, ham, onions, tomato with slimming world chips and salad.

Total Syns: 9.5

Does this sound ok to everyone?

So far I have lost 6 pounds in 4 weeks, however always mess up on the weekends as we have a lot of visitors so keep putting on over the weekend and then having to re-lose that pound or two!

Claire :)

Heya hun, well you've lost the weight before so you can definately do it!
I don't do WW or anything like that so I don't know about that end of it, but you seem to be making some pretty healthy choices so I'm sure you're doing great :)
Do you do any exercise or anything? That's the one thing that's really helped me :)
Best wishes, hope everything goes really well :)

Hi Pink!

I do some exercise, I have started going out on my bike after work now, we went out 3 times last week and did 15 miles so hope to increase it each week.

We are going a 10k run in October, I did it last year and completed in 1hr 30 mins so would let to get it under 1 hr 15 this year, and then we go on holiday the week after and I would love to be able to wear some lovely clothes for it, even a dress maybe! (I am not a girly girl, and I carry a lot of weight on my legs, but would love to wear a maxi dress!)

Thanks for saying hi! I am finding it quite hard without a group to go to (I just can't afford it!) because when I cheat you tell yourself its ok because no one will know, so thats why I have come on here so that I can write each day and people can read and support me when I wobble!

Hope your having a great day!

We tried sweet potato slimming world chips for the first time today, yummy!

Claire

Welcome and good luck!

This forum has really helped me to keep on target because i love the support i get from people when i post my weigh in every week!

Wow that's pretty far to cycle, well done :) I'm hoping to get a bike soon, but I doubt I'll manage to do it for that far.

Yeh this site is great for support, especially if you make a weekly weigh in blog, because that's putting it all public so you feel like you need to be losing weight every week, keeps you from snacking on anything too bad, lol.

where you going on holiday to?

Wednesday 7th July diary

Hello! Diary for today:

HEB: 2 slices ww bread]
HEA: Few dashes of milk and a tiny bit of cheese.

Breakfast:
2 slices ww bread (HEB)
Low fat marg (2 Syn)
Fried egg (0.5 Syn for oil)

Snack: Bananna
Low fat choc fudge alpen bar (3 Syn)

Lunch:
Pasta salad (pasta, ham, roast chicken, onion, tomato, cucumber, tiny bit of cheese (HEA)
Extra low fat mayo (2 Syn)
Muller light

Tea:
Roast chicken
Slimming world chips
beans

Pudding: Apple

Total Syns: 7.5

May have a hot chocolate before bed time for another 2 Syns if fancy!

Feeling good today! WI tomorrow- don't think am going to have lost as had an atrocious weekend, but feeling good for the next week!

Generally feeling good today! Getting back into the grove of things now. I really think its helping me write it all down!

I am just keeping thinking about my holiday and my boyfriend said he would buy me some nice new clothes if I need them as hopefully all my other will be far too big. Also I have a lovely pair of size 16 jeans I have worn once and haven't been able to get into since (2 years!) so I am aiming to get into them for holiday!

Hope your all having great days! I got some sw recipies from a website I found on here so going to do an online asda shop now and get some stuff to make a lentil and butter nut squash curry- YUM!
:p

Ooo good aim with the promise of new clothes :p
Best wishes.

Hi, All the best getting into your jeans soon! Good luck with your weigh in...
X

Well done. I have found this place great already. Its feels like i've got friends already and also people who understand how i feel and how i struggle.
Its good people close to you rarely say well done on losing a couple of pounds, but here everyone cheers on every pound.

Thank you! Yeah I am feeling really positive since finding this site and starting posting. I really enjoy going through everyones diary and comparing what they eat getting ideas and stuff!

So food for today:

Breakfast:
Bacon (fat trimmed off)
Egg fried in oil (0.5 Syn)
2 slices ww bread (HEB)

Lunch:
Banana
Pasta salad- pasta, chicken, onion, toms, tiny grating of cheese (half HEA)
Extra light mayo: (1 Syn)
Muller light

Snack: light alpen bar (3 Syn)

Tea: Naughty I know but a chicken kebab! Thursday is weigh in day for me so we always have a treat on a Thursday! I don't Syn it- I just enjoy it and it gives me something to look forward to in the week!

2 cups of coffee- milk rest of HEA.

Total Syn: 4.5

So bearing that in mind I have 11.5 Syns left so a chicken shouldn't be too bad!

Going to have a really really good week this week! I can feel it. Asda shop coming tomorrow, so got food to eat and no excuses!

Hope all your days went really well :)

Claire

Another day, one step closer!

Well a good day today, feeling good diet wise although really tired, think its the heat. Helping with the 2litres of water a day thought!

So todays menu:

Breakfast:
1 slice ww white bread (2.5 Syn)
Low fat marg (1 Syn)
Banana

Lunch:
2 slices ww bread (HEB)
2 slices ham
Extra low fat Mayo (1 Syn)
Muller light vanilla with chocolate sprinkles (yum!) Do you think if I froze one it would come out like ice cream?

Snack: Low fat alpen bar (3 Syn)

Tea:
Slimming world chips
Bolognaise made with lean mince, peppers, onions, courgettes, tinned toms, 1 tbsp tomato puree (0.5 Syn)

Total Syns: 8

Might have something for pudding later either a muller light or a hot chocolate and a biscuit :eek:

Hope your all having great days. I am DETERMINED to have a good weekend this weekend although my OH's friend is here and they will have lots of beer and pizza.

I am going to distract myself making some recipes for the freezer, weeding the garden and a bike ride! Wish me luck!

good luck. I just made a chicken and noodle stir fry and absolutely loaded the veg in. Cabbage, peppers, onions, carrot, garlic, brocolli. I put a few too many chilli flakes in though. Got a bit of a sweat on!!

Heya, hope the pizza resistance went well :) It's a good idea to distract yourself, I should really start doing that rather than sulking when everyone else has something nice, lol.

Best wishes :)

Sunday diary!

Hey Pink- the pizza resistance did not go well! My OH's friend didn't end up coming to visit- but I was so hot yesterday, couldn't be bothered to cook and ended up eating the pizza anyway!.

Oh well, a new day doesn't do to dwell, just try a bit harder!

So far today:

Breakfast:
Bacon, fat trimmed off fried in fry light
Egg
White roll (HEB) +(1.5 Syn) - I don't have scales, but I think this was probably larger than I am allowed so going to allocated some Syns!

small glass blueberry juice (3 Syn)

Lunch: Low fat supernoodles
Ham
2 laughing cow extra light (2 Syns)

(I have been looking at ways of making the low fat supernoodles a bit tastier- and if chop up some cream cheese trianges and mix in with the ham- NOM! Like a cheesy pasta. Really tasty!

Today I have been a culinary godess! I have made the lentil and butter nut squash curry (syn free! - and I have never tried either so I am hoping its tasty)

Also I have made the syn free bbq sauce to have with our chicken and slimming world chips tonight, its a little sweet, so Its in the fridge I am hoping it might settle down once it chilled a bit!

So far so good, I have bought some Milkado (is that right those little sticks covered in chocolate- YUMMY!) and only 0.5 Syn per stick? Although there is the danger of eating an entire box in one go. So must ration the tasty sticks!

Planning on having for our tea:

Chicken wrapped in bacon
Syn free bbq sauce
Tiny sprinkle of cheese (HEA)
Slimming world chips (small amount of olive oil 1 Syn)
Salad
Extra light mayo (1.5 Syn)

Pudding: Muller light toffee
Stewed apple- (2 Syn) (I thought this was free as its just apple and a little sprinkle of sweetner but someone said that it becomes synned- is this right I just used normal apple not cooking apples :(

8 Mikado- (4 Syn) I had these before I realised the apple had to be counted so am now over Syns!! D'oh!!

Total Syns for today: 16- OOPS!

Hope you are all having a great day :)

Last edited:
Monday blues

Hello all,

Feeling a little meloncholy today, not sure why. Just been having a look at the inspirational thread, god those people have done so well and I just think "I so want that to be me" and I know that no one else can do it apart from me. Sometimes it seems like such a long journey though and the age old feelings of 'why did I let myself get like this?'.

I know though that it is a long journey and one I have to make- I want to make a change now, I've probably wasted the best years of being young being the fattest in the room and feeling like I want to melt away from judging eyes and now I want to wake up and feel worth something. My boyfriend tells me he adores me how I am- I believe him- but I want to feel like I deserve it.

Ohh all very depressing today! Although not going to feed my emotions with the chocolate cake it wants as that won't solve anything!

So onwards and upwards to that elusive feeling of worthwhile!

Diary for today:
Milk (HEA)

2 ww danish bread (HEB)
Half can baked beans
Low fat marg (2 Syn)

Banana

Lunch:

Butternut squash and lentil curry (first attempt- not too bad, but needs something with it, some chicken maybe?) Also a bit stodgy- couldn't manage much.
Half a muller light strawberry cheesecake yogurt- not tasty! (0.5 Syn)

Snack for later: Low fat alpen bar- 3 Syn

Tea is yet to be decided! Either a turkey stir fry with rice, or maybe I may attempt a chicken and asparagus risotto!

So I am going to concentrate on making myself feel a bit better today!

Hope your all having a fantastic day :)

Claire

So tea ended up being

Low fat supernoodles
Green beans
Sweetcorn
Roasted turkey breast
2 X Extra light laughing cow triangles (2 Syn)

Later I plan to have a cup of tea using rest of HEA milk and have 6 mikado (3 Syn)

Making total SYNS: 10.5

Last edited:
A little ditty!

I wrote a little ditty to cheer myself up! Thought I might share it with you all! I'm not sure about a title!

Look in the cupboard and what can I see?
A chocolate cake staring back at me!
Velvety brown sponge and liquid silk fudge
Eating this is not going to help my pudge!
Calling my name, I can hear its song
Claire come and eat me, your tummies where I belong!
Promises of happiness through each tasty bite,
Try to resist it with all of my might!

Guilty pleasures – no-one would know,
Only me as I see my waist line grow!
A moment of indulgence, followed by sorrow
Was it all worth it, will it still be there for me tomorrow?
Instance fix through its chocolatey kiss
But long term an enemy- one I won’t miss!
I don’t need you chocolate- to make me feel whole
Instead I am going to focus on achieving my goal!

My goal of a lifetime- to love myself,
to feel worthwhile, and improve my health.
To wake up, breathe deeply and enjoy being me,
To look in the mirror and love who I see.
Not the girl of the past that wished away each week,
A worthwhile sexy women who found the life that she seeked. :eek:

Tuesday 13th July

Hi everyone,

Well a new day and still feeling a little down, :sigh:
but determined not to let it show in my food!

Also my sister and parents are coming to stay at the weekend so I'm really looking forward to that. My sister is on SW too and I am making us SW hunters chicken, slimming world chips and a big salad followed by a chocoalte cake recipie I found on here!

Food diary for today:

Breakfast:
2 slice ww brown bread (HEB)
half can baked beans

Snack: Apple and bananna

Lunch:
2 slices ww brown bread (5 Syn)- Couldn't face a salad today! and didn't have time to make much else.
Roasted turkey breast
Extra low fat mayo (1 Syn)

Muller light

Afternoon snack: low fat alpen bar-3 Syn.

Tea: undecided- I'm going to have to be careful as I am in the kind of mood that often ends up in a takeaway (because obviously stuffing your face in the long run always makes you feel Sooo much better Claire... NOT! :17729:
I don't want to do that as I know I will just feel crappy after and more of a failure!

So not sure what to make- I want something comforting- so maybe some slimming world chips with something- they always are tasty!!

Anyway will update with what decided on, have to be careful as already on 10 Syns thanks to the bread at lunch (which I did not enjoy that much either :mad: )

Have a great rest of day everyone!

Claire x

UPDATE:

So tea ended up being

Slimming world chips (normal and sweet potato)

Omlette made with onions, tomato small amount of low fat matthiesons sausage (Its 7 Syns for nearly half the sausage, we had maybe a quarter in the omlette and we shared it so I am going to allocated 2 Syns, also a tiny amount of cheese (HEA), spring onions.

Later I will have 6 Mikado (3 Syn) and a cuppa

So total Syn's for the day: 15

Last edited:
Hi Emma,

thank you :) Weight loss is slow so struggling a little at the moment, especially when you look at some people and the weight is falling off!

Hows is your diet going? Do you keep a diary, are doing slimming world- EE?

Lol lots of questions but quite new on here so really enjoying meeting new people :)

Claire x

Hi hun whereabouts in lincoln are you? Good luck with your weight loss journey,. sometimes i find it hard sometimes its easy!
em x

Back