New start - new me

Reading that made me happy! Well done Gem!! :D I was worried you'd gone MIA for a bit, but so glad you're liking SnS! :D It tastes like 'real' food - LL really missed a trick. ;)

PM Starlight, I'm sure she'll move it for you :)

x

wohooo I'm in my new home with S&S and it feels good to be here!!! Had a sneaky WI this morning and looks like I'm on for a 5lb loss this week, that's brilliant news and really spurred me on, so pleased and what with starting S&S I'm feeling great! Lots of stress been going on with work this week, but not onc did I think about eating, really want to do this!

Have a great Thursday everyone and so pleased to be on such a supportive forum.

Hi Gemma,

You're doing brilliantly so far, glad you're liking s&s! Good luck with the rest of your journey, you must be feeling great right now xxx

thanks Min it means alot - well had WI today and I only lost 1lb, but that's fine with me due to the 4 days of lapsing I ended up having :(

Back on it today - and have made a decision.. I am joining the world of S&S!!! My LLC was terrible again today and everyone was commenting on it as we walked out, the one week I really could have done with some light bulb moments (it was all or nothing thinking!) and it was just.. well.. uninspirational, she continues to read from a book and I'm just not learning. So off to S&S I go - and I will also source a local counsellor - the cost for that is around £30 an hour and it will totally focus on me, I think this will be more helpful in the long run! I have got LL packs for the week - I asked to buy 3 less packs due to my lapes and she said 'no, you should think twice before lapsing again!' so with that my mind was made up to stop over paying for a service and product I can get elsewhere!

Looking forward to trying to S&S products when I order back end of next week!

Sadly this kind of behaviour is the reason why LL are rapidly losing their customers. Your counsellor is not the exception from the rule I'm afraid and as much I appreciate there are lots of wonderful and supportive professionals out there, there are also quite a few that frankly should not be doing this job!
I also used to think I couldn't possibly do it on my own and that LL is the only way for me because it worked previously. Like Min said. It's not the diet doing it, it's you! Since putting the weight back on after LL I've tried restarting with them, CD, Exante you name it. I didn't succeed because my head wasn't in the right place.
Then one day a light came on and I just knew I'm ready. I ordered my SnS supply for the month and I haven't looked back since!
The counselling you're getting separately is a great idea. I did 10 sessions with mine and I'm seriously thinking of going back as the job is not done yet.
The bottom line is you know you can do it on your own. You have done brilliantly equipping yourself with the right tools and support so I'm sure you will do amazing!
You have us too! Don't forget that! :)

Aw thanks Luna and slim, can't tell you how. Lovely it is to be on a forum with life!!! Suddenly feel a huge amount of support like when I started LL the first time and that's a good place to be!! I hope I can offer ssome words of wisdom for you all as well.
Well today was another long and tiring day with work but ended with me sitting with my family eating my chili pack with some veggies, loving that I feel like I am having a meal each day! Not been tempted at all the past few days and that feels so amazing not to fight the demons 24/7, but I know it's easy to get complaciant so I will use this forum and you lovely people to help on those dark moments, but it's the weekend soon, woohoo!

So it's weigh in today and delighted with my 5lb loss!!! What with starting slim & save this week, being able to have some veggies, that makes me a happy bunny!

I had the sweet porridge this morning and its the first time I have not liked a pack so far! It's certainly NOT sweet! Lol but added some sweeter and it was fine.

off to Oxford for the weekend and really looking forward to it, knowing I won't need to think about food, happy weekend all!

Well done on the loss! :)
Sweet porridge is my favourite pack. I love it with 2 tablet sweeteners and a little bit of psyllium husk to bulk it up. Top it with a touch of cinnamon and I'm in heaven!
Have a great weekend in Oxford!

Thanks slim, will try that next time, as will order it again as I like the idea of porridge in the morning.

Try both Gem :) I personally prefer 'Original Oatmeal' pack with 2-3 sweetners and teaspoon of psyllium husk. Cinnamon if I'm feeling adventurous that day... been having the porridge that way for years on LL, but I have to say - this is nicer that LL's! :D It's thicker and creamier. Nom.

Hope you're doing well, sounds like you're in the zone :D

x

Well just ordered my 4 weeks supply of S&S, I'm here to stay for a while! Sadly Oxford saw a few slip ups, it's so hard being away from home and I have 'cleaned up my environment' but when at the MIL's there are just treats everywhere, add to that hubby went out for a few hours to meet a friend and I was left at home with our youngest and that lead to snacking :( well its done now, although lasted most the day... Back 100% tomorrow.

Min - I really like the LL one and have it as it comes, so hoping I will like the oatmeal pack, although have ordered 10 of each! Lol

Tomorrow plan is more water! Got a busy week at home, but most home based, which is not great, but got some important report deadlines to meet. Aiming to do gym 3 times this week also. Have a good Monday all.

Hi all- well the last few days have not been overly successful for me :( My hubby has been ill, he is rarely ill and never takes time off work, but he took off 2 days. I was quite supportive at first, but as the week has gone on it has been so hard to manage it all by myself, added to the home situation I have a deadline for today of a big assessment I am completing, luckily I completed that yesterday! So feeling a little better now. Hope you are all well x

Aww.. nooo!! too much stress!! Is OH feeling better now? What did he have?
I imagine it must have been pretty tiring, getting the work done to deadline + kids + sick OH :( Well done for getting through it! :)

As per diet - at least you're trying so you're doing fine! Nothing can be black or white, life still has to go on. :)

x

Back