New start today

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by tarotwoman, 20 November 2009 Social URL.

1. tarotwoman

tarotwoman Loves life

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming magazine club. Out of date now but this diet worked for me in the past.
    Hi,

Just starting on my new diet today. About 10 years ago I lost 4st 8lbs to get to my target weight of 9st 4lb, kept it off for a long time but over the last couple of years it seems to have crept back on. I've been trying to think of the the things I did to help me then like; not eating chocolate when I'm hungry and making free-veg soup and sugar free jellies. Anyone got any other suggestions to help?

And is there anyone else out there daft enough to start a diet at this time of year to keep me company?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fatbunny

fatbunny Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12lb(41.03%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world/
    although i am not just starting on this diet malarkey, think of it like this say you loss 2lbs per week for the next 2 weeks then that is 4lbs lost. if you are a bit naughty over christmas and manage to but the 4 back on at least you are still only back to your starting weight and not 4lbs heavier than you are now. does that make sense to you.?;)

4. tarotwoman

tarotwoman Loves life

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming magazine club. Out of date now but this diet worked for me in the past.
    Yep, it does make sense. I'm thinking that if I start the diet now (I've now lost 6lb in 3 weeks) I can be half a stone lighter by christmas. If I didn't diet then I could be half a stone heavier instead. The worse that can happen now is that like you say I could be back where I started even if I'm a bit naughty. Hopefully though after all this effort I'll be able to keep the naughtyness to a minimum.

Tracey

5. jazz86

jazz86 Full Member

Diet:
    calorie counting
    hello i am starting again with four stone to lose i have let myself slip but want to get back on track x

6. fatbunny

fatbunny Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12lb(41.03%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world/
    glad that i made some sense, at least you know what you are doing and if you do let things go a bit over christmas you:) know how to get back on track.

7. BeesBella

BeesBella Member

I'll join you ! No time like the present !!!
    Think I might start the CSD tomorrow just as a way of kick-starting things.

8. tarotwoman

tarotwoman Loves life

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Hiya BeesBella,

What's CSD? I've not heard of it before.

Tracey

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.