New start today

tarotwoman

Loves life
Hi,

Just starting on my new diet today. About 10 years ago I lost 4st 8lbs to get to my target weight of 9st 4lb, kept it off for a long time but over the last couple of years it seems to have crept back on. I've been trying to think of the the things I did to help me then like; not eating chocolate when I'm hungry and making free-veg soup and sugar free jellies. Anyone got any other suggestions to help?

And is there anyone else out there daft enough to start a diet at this time of year to keep me company?

although i am not just starting on this diet malarkey, think of it like this say you loss 2lbs per week for the next 2 weeks then that is 4lbs lost. if you are a bit naughty over christmas and manage to but the 4 back on at least you are still only back to your starting weight and not 4lbs heavier than you are now. does that make sense to you.?;)

Yep, it does make sense. I'm thinking that if I start the diet now (I've now lost 6lb in 3 weeks) I can be half a stone lighter by christmas. If I didn't diet then I could be half a stone heavier instead. The worse that can happen now is that like you say I could be back where I started even if I'm a bit naughty. Hopefully though after all this effort I'll be able to keep the naughtyness to a minimum.

Tracey

glad that i made some sense, at least you know what you are doing and if you do let things go a bit over christmas you:) know how to get back on track.

Back