New start with Team RH

Ponytales

Silver Member
Hey guys, I'm back as I've sneaked a stone back on this year but just come back from a cruise and now it's more like a stone and a half or so ( I'm about to man up and get on the scales)
I normally do SW but fancied trying something new so have joined Team RH (check them out of Facebook) but thought I'd also start a diary here as I seem to have most success when I have a place to write my thoughts.
I'm feeling uncomfortably fat especially around my tummy and I'm struggling with indigestion from all the crap I've been eating so hopefully wanting to sort this out will help. I'm also going to lay off the booze for at least a couple of weeks.
I normally do better when I have something to aim for but im struggling for a goal right now so that is something to focus on..I'm maybe thinking I will reward myself with a new show jacket for dressage when I hit my goal weight as ive had my current one for over 10 years!

*update - I stood on the scales and I've put 5lb on during my holiday (10 days) so I've got a stone and a half to lose really.

Been good this morning with museli, yoghurt and fruit. Onwards and upwards!

Still day 1 and still doing okay. Getting back from hols yesterday we haven't had chance to go shopping yet so I'm pleased I've managed to be on track. Just had a subway salad for lunch and I've turned down fried chicken and sweets.

At some point I will get to a place where I can balance a bit if moderated naughty stuff but right now my body is craving healthy stuff 😁

I'm really pleased though as I often find day 1 really hard, and I'm just enjoying being healthy today. 💪

Day 2 and I'm still.on track. I tho k this is the longest I've been on plan this year and I'm not even joking.

Trying to get my steps up today. I need to hit the 10000 everyday, not just at weekends.

I've been learning about fibre today. Who knew there were different types? Definitely useful information in getting my gut functioning correctly.

On my current plan I have to weigh every day and so far I've lost 0.3 of a lb. Better than nothing I guess.

Macros (protein and fibre) are a big part of my plan and I'm still figuring out how to increase my intake on both counts within my calories. I'm definitely making progress.

Hopefully future me will still be on track tomorrow😁

Looking forward to seeing your progress. Good luck!

Day 3 and still on plan. According to weigh in this morning I have now lost 1.4lb so far, do hopefully I will have a decent loss by the end of the week.

My calories were about right yesterday which was good. I sneaked over by eating a couple of Brazil nuts 😂😂

Still struggling with the macros. I had over night oats this morning with extra protein powder to help boost the protein and fibre.

I'm not worrying at this stage because most people seem to take a while to get the macro side right.

I hit 15000 steps last night but some of those were from riding my horse so I might have to start removing my tracker when I ride for an accurate reading.

Got a party this weekend but I plan to drive as it's easier logistically plus I think I've had enough to drink recently. It will be nice to lay off it for a couple of weeks.

Still enjoying this plan for now as it's new and interesting.

Woohooo keep going!!! Xxx

Yes macros are do difficult. When I ate Keto I used myfitnesspal it made it so much easier it worked them all out for me. By week 2 I had a handle on it 👌

💙

Woohooo keep going!!! Xxx

Yes macros are do difficult. When I ate Keto I used myfitnesspal it made it so much easier it worked them all out for me. By week 2 I had a handle on it 👌

💙
Team RH have their own app. So you log everything into MFP and it sends the data over to the TRH app which has a dashboard.

It's easy to track , just a bit time consuming. Most days my OH is off eating his dinner and I'm still in the kitchen logging all the different things on my plate. It should get quicker though when I start to duplicate the things I'm eating.

So I'm now on day 6 and still on track. I struggled to log stuff accurately over the weekend due to being at a friend's party where I had a humongous jacket spud with chilli, cheese and coleslaw, plus a brownie. I basically just had to guess but tried to make up for it with dancing.

I managed to have Dominoes last night and stay within calories though there was no hope on the macro front with pizza on the menu. My protein was at about 3/5 of my target and fibre at 1/2. I actually came in under calories though as I was so busy I didn't get much time to eat.

I'm only 2lb down which is quite disappointing as I'd hoped the holiday weight would fall off this week, but at this stage I do feel that the plan is sustainable as I'm not denying myself at all.

Eeep I'm struggling today. Got my period this morning and it makes me want to stuff my face.

Ate my lunch early and my snacks and now I've got nothing to eat until dinner so I've bought a bottle of diet cherry coke to keep me occupied. Need to keep myself busy this afternoon!!

Wish me luck!

Hi there. I hope the cherry coke does the job!

Well yesterday was fine as I ended up being really busy with contractors all afternoon.

I had hired a school in the next village to take my horse to as he needs some experience going to new places so I dashed back to the yard to do that and ended up not getting home until nearly 10pm. OH had made dinner of oven chips, veggie shawama and veggies and I was still below calories for the day so had to have a choc and peanut protein bar (on this diet you are supposed to eat all your calories)

I'm feeling a bit frustrated though. I've lost 2lb in the first week which seems low considering 5lb went on very quickly on holiday. I've been doing everything I'm supposed to but I still weigh more than I did before I went on holiday.

On SW that would have fallen off by now.

On the other hand this diet is designed to stop you from restricting yourself and then binging so I've eaten lots of things that I woukd avoid on SW and then end up binging on after 3 months such as bread and pizza.

I will see where we are in another week and then review. Maybe a couple of weeks of a more restrictive diet to kick start me might make me feel better and then revert to this for a long term option.

Had busy day yesterday at our other site which is a 10 min walk from my normal workplace and walked to the stables too , to get those steps up.

Just about stayed on my calories too as I had a couple of treats including a mini magnum. Anyway the scales have gone down a lb so I'm feeling better about rate of weight loss but I still haven't lost the holiday weight 😔

Good to read you are staying on track!

Tracking over the weekend has been non existent as I've been so busy. Took my pony to the local horse show and took a friend's Shetland as well so preparing everything on Saturday and being at the show all day yesterday it just didn't happen..

On the brightside my weight is down this morning. My Garmin died yesterday so no idea how many steps I did but my legs were really aching last night from being on them all day. We had to load the ponies at 7am to be there in time for my 8.30am class and we got back at about 5pm but then had to sort out the lorry and I still had 2 stables to skip out and I hadn't poo picked on Saturday as i was busy bathing Rory and getting him ready so despite being on my last legs I knuckled in and did that as I knew future me would appreciate it.

On the downside I ate pizza on Saturday night and yesterday's food consisted mainly of sausage rolls, crisps, cake and crisps.

Knackered today and feel like I haven't had s weekend. 😔

Hi.... how is it going....I joined teamRH myself and this is my 3rd week :)

Hey lovely,

It's so nice to see you back posting, although not good that you have to gain to do so, lol.

Calorie Counting is a great diet or lifestyle whichever way you like to look at it, I choose the latter. It is so easy. Like you I've done SW as well but find CC easier to keep on track with if you have a bad day it doesn't throw you off track as much.

Good luck with your journey and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

Hey lovely,

It's so nice to see you back posting, although not good that you have to gain to do so, lol.

Calorie Counting is a great diet or lifestyle whichever way you like to look at it, I choose the latter. It is so easy. Like you I've done SW as well but find CC easier to keep on track with if you have a bad day it doesn't throw you off track as much.

Good luck with your journey and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts.
Awwww.....thanks hun....will catch you on another thread...as I don't want to hijack someone's diary xx

Back