Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

New Starter and Cava!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Dazzling, 29 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Dazzling

Dazzling Member

:) Hi all!

I've just decided to go down the WW route, and have been doing research for a couple of weeks now. I'm feeling really confident I can do this; I've not got the books etc as I can't make meetings and I refuse to spend the silly money they charge on-line, but I'm quite happy starting as I am anyway at the moment.

I've worked out my points (25) have a weeks worth of meals in which I know the points value for, drinks etc and I'm really excited! I'm off on holiday a week on Saturday so I know it's probably silly to start now, but I see it as a good a time as ever! :p

I've even worked out booze points, although I'm concerned we have a heap of cava at home which I will be inclined to drink, I know there's no point in pretending I won't! :eek: But I can't for the life of me find the points value for a medium sized glass of it - or Prosecco.

Can anyone shed any light? :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dazzling

Dazzling Member

Ha! After all that hunting I've found it...I think. The same as wine apparently, 7.5 per bottle, 1pt per 100ml. :)

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  5. Dazzling

Dazzling Member

It's the best isn't it!

I'm not sure our glasses at home come in small 100ml sizes though :D. I'll have to divide a bottle into 4 glasses and count them as 1.5 points a glass I suppose...? :confused:

6. Sarah Frances

Sarah Frances Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(35.82%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    .....or eat loads of point-less veg and drink the whole bottle?!

I'm a student and I think like one!

7. Dazzling

Dazzling Member

Hahaha, I've not been a student for over 10 years and I still think like that sometimes! :cool:

I'm rubbish at stopping at one or two, especially if the bottle's just sat there after a long day at work, calling my name. I could drink a bottle every day and still have points left over, so I'll be fine. :D

(I won't by the way!!)

8. Sarah Frances

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(35.82%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The difficulty with drinking a bottle a day would be the munchies you'd get afterwards, which, sadly, never seem to tempt you towards fruit and salad and more in the direction of greasy kebabs and pizzas!

I can never stop at 1 or 2 either... I struggle stopping at 7 or 8, forcing me to step away from the chardonnay for a while until I get near target. Fingers crossed, after a while on the wagon, it might only take that 1 or 2 to give me the same "warm" feeling inside! :D

9. Dazzling

Dazzling Member

God yes you are right about the munchies! My downfall there is chocolate hobnobs - I don't turn to the toaster or kebab shop, just the biscuit tin! :eek:

Oddly, if I have a glass of wine when I get in, I don't want dinner after that, so from a pointing point of view that's quite lucky really! A couple of biccies can be totted up then!

Well done you staying on the wagon, if I even attempted to stop myself doing things like that I'd fail massively, that's why I think WW will be so good for me!

Yay!

10. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Take the bottle to bed with a willing partner. You can divide the points between you and if you get the munchies afterwards... ;)

11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Now THATS my kind of night ;)

12. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Yes, we know all about you, you minx ;)

Love the new avatar - your nieces?

13. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hmmm Im sure that came as NO surprise to any of you ;)

Yes Karen :) Little serious one is Ciara and bigger cutie is Emma, youve probably heard me mention them - once or twice :giggle:

14. Sarah Frances

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(35.82%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Screw taking the bottle to bed and just get to working the points OFF instead! ;)

15. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  16. KittyB

KittyB Gold Member

Diet:
    RC
    :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

I like your thinking :) lol

17. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Me too lol.

18. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    What am I like saw the word Cava and was immediately drawn to this thread.

Have to agree take the bottle share it and hopefully the exercise will burn of the points.

Well I can still dream at my age:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.