New Starter and Cava!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Dazzling, 29 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Dazzling

Dazzling Member

:) Hi all!

I've just decided to go down the WW route, and have been doing research for a couple of weeks now. I'm feeling really confident I can do this; I've not got the books etc as I can't make meetings and I refuse to spend the silly money they charge on-line, but I'm quite happy starting as I am anyway at the moment.

I've worked out my points (25) have a weeks worth of meals in which I know the points value for, drinks etc and I'm really excited! I'm off on holiday a week on Saturday so I know it's probably silly to start now, but I see it as a good a time as ever! :p

I've even worked out booze points, although I'm concerned we have a heap of cava at home which I will be inclined to drink, I know there's no point in pretending I won't! :eek: But I can't for the life of me find the points value for a medium sized glass of it - or Prosecco.

Can anyone shed any light? :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dazzling

Dazzling Member

Ha! After all that hunting I've found it...I think. The same as wine apparently, 7.5 per bottle, 1pt per 100ml. :)

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  5. Dazzling

Dazzling Member

It's the best isn't it!

I'm not sure our glasses at home come in small 100ml sizes though :D. I'll have to divide a bottle into 4 glasses and count them as 1.5 points a glass I suppose...? :confused:

6. Sarah Frances

Sarah Frances Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(35.82%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    .....or eat loads of point-less veg and drink the whole bottle?!

I'm a student and I think like one!

7. Dazzling

Dazzling Member

Hahaha, I've not been a student for over 10 years and I still think like that sometimes! :cool:

I'm rubbish at stopping at one or two, especially if the bottle's just sat there after a long day at work, calling my name. I could drink a bottle every day and still have points left over, so I'll be fine. :D

(I won't by the way!!)

8. Sarah Frances

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(35.82%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The difficulty with drinking a bottle a day would be the munchies you'd get afterwards, which, sadly, never seem to tempt you towards fruit and salad and more in the direction of greasy kebabs and pizzas!

I can never stop at 1 or 2 either... I struggle stopping at 7 or 8, forcing me to step away from the chardonnay for a while until I get near target. Fingers crossed, after a while on the wagon, it might only take that 1 or 2 to give me the same "warm" feeling inside! :D

9. Dazzling

Dazzling Member

God yes you are right about the munchies! My downfall there is chocolate hobnobs - I don't turn to the toaster or kebab shop, just the biscuit tin! :eek:

Oddly, if I have a glass of wine when I get in, I don't want dinner after that, so from a pointing point of view that's quite lucky really! A couple of biccies can be totted up then!

Well done you staying on the wagon, if I even attempted to stop myself doing things like that I'd fail massively, that's why I think WW will be so good for me!

Yay!

10. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Take the bottle to bed with a willing partner. You can divide the points between you and if you get the munchies afterwards... ;)

11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Now THATS my kind of night ;)

12. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Yes, we know all about you, you minx ;)

Love the new avatar - your nieces?

13. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hmmm Im sure that came as NO surprise to any of you ;)

Yes Karen :) Little serious one is Ciara and bigger cutie is Emma, youve probably heard me mention them - once or twice :giggle:

14. Sarah Frances

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(35.82%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Screw taking the bottle to bed and just get to working the points OFF instead! ;)

15. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  16. KittyB

KittyB Gold Member

Diet:
    RC
    :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

I like your thinking :) lol

17. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Me too lol.

18. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    What am I like saw the word Cava and was immediately drawn to this thread.

Have to agree take the bottle share it and hopefully the exercise will burn of the points.

Well I can still dream at my age:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.