New starter,need u gala ;)

Tridi

Hey girls,

I have just started a vlcd (German one called Almased) which is just like any other ,same rules and cals.i did LT 2 years back and lost 6 stone that time and couldn't have done it without the support on here!

I never properly finished the diet as in re feeding etc and personal matters caused me to put 3 stone back on over 2 years :(

Anyhow I am in the same mode as I was back then and so motivated to do it. I am on day 3 now and hope to be in ketosis tomorrow!

Oh how I missed the light headness and d smelly breath! The break from booze will do me so good too as I has quiet a lot over chrimbo :S

Anyway ladies if is sooooo good to be back and reading ur stories!

Lots of love and Summer,here we come!!
X

Hi Tridi

Welcome back and good luck with your weightloss journey. I am a newbie to the world of VLCD but not to weightloss, currently on Day 3!! Look forward to reading about your journey and following your progress.

Lisa x

Hey Lisa,

Thanks!so we started the same time that is brill.looking forward to see ur progress.how much do you have to lose?

I weighed 17.1 !!! stone on monday and wanna get down to 11 so 6 stone in total which will be tough,but hey I've done it before.

I reckon it will take me about 5-6 months so by my 31st birthday I will finally be the person I wanted to be for the past 10 years!

X

Well done for getting to day 3 first few days can be tough.

Personally this time around I've sailed through day 5 tomorrow

We are all gonna be babes by summer :)

X

I have about 40lbs to lose, lost 47lbs in 2008 which got me down to 160lb but then had health problems and spent over a year in bed so put most of it back on. I am 5ft 10" so quite tall! I want to get down to the lower end of my healthy weight at 140lbs.

My first WI on Mon 2nd Jan I was 176.6lbs weighed in today and was 173.6lbs so only 3lbs down on Day 4. Ketosis kicked in on the evening of the first day but I had been doing VLCD but with a main meal to get myself into the swing of things.

Last time I lost weight I did it by calorie counting, VLCD is new to me, not sure if it's right for me or not, time will tell, my BMI is just over 25 and from what I have read in the last week its not recommended to follow a complete VLCD when your at this BMI? This is worrying me a little I have to say but need to do a but more research into it!

Hope everything is going well for you! :)

Lisa x

Welome back Tridi and good to know that you are full of determination. You are right, the support on here is brilliant.
Good luck for your first weigh-in.

Thx Frannie and girls,yes I am at day 6 now and I feel it's getting easier.yday in work during lunch I got a bit irritated by all the food around me, so I just decided to take lift down and walk the stairs up in our building.note that our office is on the 9th floor!

I did it twice and felt really good after.

Decided to have that as my daily workout now during lunch, it' ll keep me distracted and has a good side effect.

I'm a single parent with full time job and family lives abroad,so gym is not an option. But the stairs daily and sit up's at home should do the job :)

Off to the swimming pool with my girl,will try move as much as possible.

6 stone is still a lot of work ahead,but I constantly read all thread's which keep me motivated.

When did start to get easier for u? I remember on LT it was around the 3rd week when I felt comfortable with it all!

How are u girls getting on?

X

I think every week was different for me. 1st week with good weight loss really motivated me and as I began to hit my mini targets, I settled into a routine. You are right about the 3 weeks though - the meal replacements felt normal by then.

I also took my measurements too and losing inches each week spurred me on (even if my weight loss wasn't particularly high).

I also wore a pedometer each day and tried to achieve 10K steps daily. I think your daily workouts will really help your weight loss.

Because of the pretty horrendous weather recently, I really have had no inclination to go for long walks. So on Monday I am going for a trial session at a local gym - will let you know how that goes!

Back