Extra Easy New starter!! Tips please :)

Mrsappz28

Hi all,
I am hoping to start slimming world on Wednesday and really need some motivational stories and tips to get me started!!!

I really struggle to stick to diets so I really hope you can give me some tips for success and help me through the first week!!!

Main tip I can give is not to call it a diet. If you do you will resent it and it won't work. It's making changes to your lifestyle that will help you lose weight. Anybody that says they are "on a diet" inevitably is looking towards not being on a diet and this is where they fail. Diets are temporary fads, to lose weigh for good you need to make permanent changes x

Last edited:
Welcome to this forum and SW.
As was said before, this is not a diet, it's a life change. I can endorse it as I have lost almost 7 stone since I started a year ago and have been at Target for 10+ weeks now!
I can eat what I like and as much as I like of the correct food and still loose weight.If you follow the link at the bottom of this page you will see what I eat. Never had such a choice!
When You attend the class and get the books, read them over and over until it becomes the norm, then enjoy SW.......
Good luck on your journey,remember we are all doing the same, any questions, just ask!
Pete

I diet at home using magazines, books, my mums help and minimims help! ...so im no expert but i have lost a stone and only been on slimming world for 3months!

Once you get your head around the diet you learn what you REALLY need your syns allowance for.
They allow you up to 15 syns a day, Iv learnt that if I aim to use less than 10syns a day and snack on just free food then I tend to loose more weight that week.
If I'm having a hungry day just pile the veg high and use my syns for my cravings otherwise the cravings probably won't go

I don't have bread everyday as it makes me bloated- I try to use my "Healthy extra B" for cereals or aldi cereal bars most days

Plan your meals for the week, before you do your food shopping and don't shop on an empty stomach... It's dangerous lol I buy the ingredients for 7meals each week and write the meal names on a white board in the kitchen to pick from. I freeze extra portions instead of having a sneaky "seconds"!

Exercise when you can, do a variety of activities and do something you enjoy - maybe take someone with you for the laugh!

Best tip: keep drinking drink loads of water lol

Hope this helps
X

1stone lighter and still going... I will be a skinny bride!

Sammie88 bilsat

Thanks so much for all of your comments - Bilsat congratulations on your huge achievement!!! What a success story!! I couldn't see a link though to your food diary?

Xx

Back