New Starter to Atkins

mitten

The old me is coming back
Welcome to my Atkins diet thread!! Diary and ramblings and the like!!

So, I was supposed to start yesterday. I have been on here for the last week or two reading and asking questions, have bought the 2 books and was ready for the off. I had 3 eggs scrambled with a slice of ham for breakfast, 2 slices of plain roast beef for lunch and 2 florets of broccoli for lunch and I was planning on a warm chicken salad with cheese for dinner.
I made it to 6 and then cracked and ate bread!! What is wrong with me? I wasn’t hungry in the slightest but had the biggest craving for food!!
Also I think a little bit of me doubts the plan – I have read the book etc but I mean oils, cheese, cream it really goes against everything I have ever learned and I find it hard to switch off from the calorie counting I have drilled in to me!
Do you think my eating plan for the day was OK, is that suitable Atkins food? I am not going to count the carbs just stick with the rules and the samad/veg allowed?

Anyway, I am going to re-start tomorrow, I have 9 weeks to loose 2.5 stone and it’s a big ask and I know I need to get going, I will have to kill myself exercising to loose this flab!!

All thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated and welcome!!

Good luck :)

good luck on the atkins, that's what many of us are going onto when we shed the bulk of our weight, i'm on LT for now. done atkins before and actually lost 25lb but all the meat was making me baulk in the end and just craved cereal and potatoes.

hi hun,

I know what you mean about worrying eating the cream cheese and the like, but I lost 5lbs last week, if I had drunk more water I think I couldve lost a total of 7lbs, it works it really does, what you're eating is fine.

good luck

sue xx

Ah thanks ladies – I guess I am just a real doubting Thomas about this. Anyway, I am going to re-start tomorrow and I have decided to commit to a week, with exercise and 100% following the rules and see how it goes!
Does anyone know or have they tried incorporating the CD Tetras on to the plan with them? I have loads of CD products left and would love to use them up!
Sun – well done and I am so jealous of your just about at target weight – Grr…why oh why did I let myself get to the hideous 15 stone weight, oh why?

Well here I am on Day 1 - finally! Have been stuffing myself for the last few days and feel huge now!!!
So today I have had 2 x eggs for breakfast with a slice of ham, have a cheese string for a snack and am going to have salad and meat for lunch & dinner.
Also going to try for 3 litres of water today and some peppermint tea.

Is anyone exercising?

Hi hun, I contemplated having the tetras, but gave them my mum instead. I'm not sure about them as they have 14g carbs which is quite a lot for one meal.

Good luck today hun.

Thanks ladies, I am already tempted and it’s only 11am!! Just had the tea and biscuit break and supped my water! Had my cheese string though – delicious!!
14g in a tetra??? Oh my god! Am so shocked!! What about the soups?
I bought a few Atkins morning bars in Boots as well and then came on here to read about the controversy about them – doh!! Will have to hold off on them so or maybe just have them the odd time.
What’s wrong with me? Am dying for carbs!!!

Thanks ladies, I am already tempted and it’s only 11am!! Just had the tea and biscuit break and supped my water! Had my cheese string though – delicious!!
14g in a tetra??? Oh my god! Am so shocked!! What about the soups?
I bought a few Atkins morning bars in Boots as well and then came on here to read about the controversy about them – doh!! Will have to hold off on them so or maybe just have them the odd time.
What’s wrong with me? Am dying for carbs!!!

LOL. we always want what we cannot have......for example Jack from Lost, no Saywer from Lost, No Jack, No Saywer.

Sorry hun, just in my own little world for a mo then.

LOL. we always want what we cannot have......for example Jack from Lost, no Saywer from Lost, No Jack, No Saywer.

Sorry hun, just in my own little world for a mo then.

Ooooo Shaz. See me, I would have both on alternate days. Maybe both together on a Sat :eek::eek:
OMG can't beeve I just said that ;)
P.S. the best show ever

Ooooo Shaz. See me, I would have both on alternate days. Maybe both together on a Sat :eek::eek:
OMG can't beeve I just said that ;)
P.S. the best show ever

LMAO....they are so delicous, yet so different. That is probably why the choice is so difficult... so I agree, why choose. I'm also happy to throw in Peter from Heroes! I'm a right tart LOL (don't tell hubby).

Hey Mitten hun,

How are you getting on? Have you stuck to it ok and avoided those carbs?

I'm exercising- I do pilates x1 per week, aquafit x1-2, gym x1-2 if that is of use! Atkins does recommend diet, although states it is not necessary to exercise to lose weight on his diet but he does say it is a good idea

xx

Back