New starter today! Nervous...

Pedngirl

Hi,
I am about to start SS diet, I don't know why but feel very nervous about it, I guess it's another thing I don't want to fail at :-/
looking for some helpful motivation. Any words of wisdom?
I desperately want to succeed.

Hi,
I am about to start SS diet, I don't know why but feel very nervous about it, I guess it's another thing I don't want to fail at :-/
looking for some helpful motivation. Any words of wisdom?
I desperately want to succeed.
Hi Pendgirl,
What helps me is focusing on the goal.This is not going to be forever.
The first few days, maybe up to a week is going to be really difficult but after that it does get easier and
I never dreamt I would be 1 of the people saying that believe me!!
The weeks fly by and before you know it you will be buying that little black dress for Xmas.
Something I have only recently been advised is split your packs and instead of having 3 CD products, in affect
it is 6.
The very, very best of luck. If I can do this, I'm sure you can too xx

Hello Pedngirl

I agree with everything Jambro has said. Focus on the goal but set yourself daily goals. I am on day 9 today and am taking it one day at a time. You will be absolutely fine on it. Drink lots of water, green tea and coffee. I have a porridge for brekkie, shake for lunch and then a soup at night so I feel like I'm having meals. I always make them up with more water than you're meant to and I ALWAYS eat my porridge and soup with a spoon as opposed to drinking it as it makes it last longer and I feel like I'm having a meal. I also put pepper and/or chilli flakes in my soup (my CWPC) says it's fine to do that.

Try on an item of clothing you have that's maybe too tight just now and then try it on in couple of weeks. Alternatively, buy yourself an outfit you'd love to wear and leave it hanging on the outside of your wardrobe as thinspiration! Be realistic in what you choose though, ie. if you're a size 20 now, don't buy a size 10, buy a size 16 and focus it on reaching a short term goal first. It'll make it easier to achieve and is a great excuse for buying more clothes in smaller sizes as time goes on!

Try not to focus on food and if you find yourself thinking about it, have a bath, read a book, put a face pack on, look online at clothes, paint your nails - anything to take your mind off it.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Great advice from both Laura and Jackie and I would agree whole heartedly with everything they have said. Set urself small goals and at the start take each day/week at a time. I had 2 pairs of trousers which I could only get half way up my thighs now they are on and I am needing to wear a belt. 1 week can really make a difference on this diet.

I make my shakes up with extra water and lots of ice and I really look forward to them, especially my chocolate one every night. I am getting a little bit fed up of the soup so some days I have 3 shakes just to vary it.

Good luck and keep posting on here. We all keep each other going :D

Back