New starter - Tuesday at home weigh in - Join me?

cazberina

Hi,
I've just joined MiniMins having been a lurker for the last few weeks! I'm 4 weeks into Slimming World (EE) and am losing but slowly. Only 0.5 today which was disappointing. Decided to try not to be frustrated with my 0.5 loss this morning but to look for some support, tips etc on here. Hoping some other tuesday weighers might want to join me on here?

Hi Cazberina,

I'll join you! I'm 2 weeks into my SW journey (mostly EE too) and am enjoying it so far. As of today I've joined you in the 11s, which I'm really pleased about!

Your losses over the 4 weeks are really good - I'm sure mine will go down a bit now - I don't think 3lbs a week is sustainable, and I definitely want to keep this weight off forever! I've joined an '11s into the 10s' threat in the Through the Stones to your Zone sub-forum where lots of us are in the same boat. Might be worth you checking that out too?

Sarah xx

Ha!! I've just replied to you on another thread and then saw that you'd joined me on here! Great to have you onboard sarah!
I had a night on the cider one day this week so really pleased to see that you can afford to let your hair down on one night and still get a good result.
Liking your mini goals - i should think about setting myself some too.

Hey Caz,

Yes being on 2 threads could get confusing! lol.

I had a night on the vino so yes, I was really pleased with a loss this week! Got another birthday party this weekend but I'm going to drive so I resist the wine and keep on the straight and narrow! It helps that my boyfriend is training to cycle London to Paris in a couple of weeks so he's not really drinking either!

I'm definitely finding the mini goals are helpful - I saw other people had them and when I broke down what I wanted to lose, it made it feel much more manageable. I'm thinking I might have to get myself a treat for my first 1/2 stone - might have to get some new shoes for Saturday night! :)

xx

Hi could I please join this group. I started sw this Tuesday and I weigh at home. I'm an online member as with 4 kids and a puppy going to group is out of the question.

I'm not new to sw have been doing it on and off for about 8 years. My most recent history being I joined in June 2011 weighing 13 stone. I managed to stick with it until I went on my jollys and lost all motivation. I managed to loose 24lb in 9 weeks getting to 11st 10lb.

I stayed off the wagon until October and restarted weighing 12st 4lb. I manged until February 2012 and lost 1st 4lb to achieve 11stone.

I'm now back again this time weighing 12 stone and I am determined to get to 10 stone. I'm 5ft 4 so I find at 10 stone I'm an all round size 12 which I'm happy with.

XXX

Of course! You're more than welcome! Sounds like you've done amazingly well before and I'm sure you will again. I'm in my 3rd week of SW which i'n doing for the first time ever so I'm still learning the ropes!x

Thanks, good luck to us all for next Tuesday xx

Absolutely! I started Shred for the first time yesterday so I'm not sure the scales will be kind to me this week as I think my body is hanging onto water trying to repair my aching muscles! But I've done measurements too so maybe the tape measure will make me happy instead!

We're the same height so I totally agree about the 10stone mark being pretty comfortable. I'm looking forward to the size 12 clothes in my wardrobe fitting again! I'd like to be 10'5 by my holiday in mid-September and under 10st by Christmas (just enough so I can go a couple of pounds over if I have a naughty few weeks and not creep back over 10!).

xx

I started the 30 day shred yesterday as well lol. I completed it the first time before x mas lost 8lb and 2-3 inches off every part of my body so it is good. I was also doing Zumba on my wii. In the new year I decided to give kettle bells a go only did a couple of weeks so didn't notice much change but will try it again soon and do the full 6 weeks. I'm determined to loose as many inches as possible as I can't hack this hot weather at the moment having to walk round in jeans and a hoodie. At the moment I'm about a 12/14 on top and 14/16 on bottom. My aim is a 10 top 12 bottom x

Ooh that kind of inch loss would be amazing! It's hurting today but I'm determined to stick with it. I've got Zumba for the Wii too and really enjoy it - I should dig it out and start doing it again.

I'm 14, bordering on 16, all over at the moment with the plan being to get down to a comfortable 12. xx

Im finding my legs to be stiff today but need to push myself to do day 2. Once I get back into exercise I actually enjoy it, it's just that getting back in to it I don't like lol x

Hi there please can I join you? I weighed in today at 12 stone, but normally want my weigh day to be tuesdays. I too would like to get down to 10 - 10.5 st. But I haven't been there in such a long time. It will be great to check in and motivate each other!

Paulamoo2 said:
Hi there please can I join you? I weighed in today at 12 stone, but normally want my weigh day to be tuesdays. I too would like to get down to 10 - 10.5 st. But I haven't been there in such a long time. It will be great to check in and motivate each other!

Hi there and welcome. I also started at 12 stone and have my first weigh in Tomo ( gulp ). I to have longed to see the scales hit the 10 stone mark. The nearest I got was in January 2012 at 11 stone but I made the mistake of giving up and shot to 12 again. In the past 10 stone was all I would ever get to dieting and I would stick there, now it seems to be 11. I know people say as you get older it gets harder but I'm determined to work hard this time and see a 10 staring back at me. Good luck xx

Good luck for tomorrow! Sounds like you are really motivated! Well done for the 11 stone back in January! I'm sure you will get back there and more! I have given myself until Xmas to loose 2 stone that's just under a 1lb a week. Very do-able! ;)

Hello lovelies! Wow that week has gone quickly! I STS this week, which I'm a tad disappointed about but I've started 30 Day Shred this week and according to shred veterans STS or a small gain is normal at the start as your muscles retain water as they try to repair themselves so fingers crossed the scales will move in the right direction next week.

Good luck at your WI's today.

S x

I've just weighed in lost 4lb, was to be expected as I always have a bigger loss my first week then it's dribs and drabs lol. Good luck for weigh in xx

Miss_Corset said:
Hello lovelies! Wow that week has gone quickly! I STS this week, which I'm a tad disappointed about but I've started 30 Day Shred this week and according to shred veterans STS or a small gain is normal at the start as your muscles retain water as they try to repair themselves so fingers crossed the scales will move in the right direction next week.

S x

When doing 30 day shred your best looking at inches instead off weight loss. I measure every body part weekly as its gives an incentive to keep going even if the scales are not budging. I know theres that debate on does muscle weigh more than fat ( which I don't agree ) muscle is denser so a lb of muscle is smaller than a lb of fat which is why it's always best to recorded measurements xx

Miss_Corset said:
Just measured and 8cm off! Whoop whoop!!x

Well done you, I've just measured I've lost 5 inches so far so were on the right track xx

Miss_Corset said:

S x

Just been looking at my results from the first time I did it in December. In the first week i put on 1lb and lost 4 inches by week 2 I had lost 1 lb and an extra 3 inches. So it does work :) xx

Back