new starter

get some listerine active strips, they work wonders and are allowed, fab weight loss by the way, well done!

have a good look around the site and the threads there are loads of advice on getting around the site, adding details to your profile etc... but some applications are not allowed until you have posted over 20 posts, or 50 posts for some other stuff.

good luck and be sure to come on here lots and talk to us all.

xxxx Helen

Welcome to the funny farm! :) Congrats on a fab first WI and I look forward to reading about many more successful weighs in the future.

Welcome, your loss is amazing!
Drink 4 litres of water a day, spread out evenly.
try and get the listerine strips (but hard to find)
Peppermint tea is great.
Scrub your tongue till there is no clag on it.
Gold spot breath spray is allowed.
Good luck with your weight loss journey.
xxxx

Welcome aboard. The minging mouth affects some worse than others. Listerine strips are good but the best is lots and lots of water and try not to lick anyone x

well done on a brill weight loss,keep up the good work,,,,the strips are very good and dont forget plenty of waterxxxxxxxxx

welcome Rsacal100 what a great way to start your LT journey, there is so much support on here its really amazing when your happy or when your down here is the best place to be.
All the best for the next wi.
xx

Hungry!!

Hi there everybody, firstly I want to say a big thank you to you all, I have been reading this site for about three weeks now, and I have gone to laugh and cry with you all lol. You gave me the incentive and encouragement to start on the pro gramme. You have all done so fantastic.
Today I joined you all, I need to loose approx 3 to 4 stones. I have had my strawberry shakes, and chicken soup tonight, well at 4 actually as I was so hungry! Having a bit of a job getting all the water down me, on my third pint now.
Please re-assure me that this hunger gets easier, I have also felt at a loss really thats the only way I can describe it. I say I don't eat much through the day, but I guess I must lol, as I realise the times today I have gone to pick some food, haven't though!

Please to meet you all good luck xx

Welcome rascal and val. You have entered the wonderful world of ketosis!!!!! Keep sipping the water and it will improve!!!!!

Good luck to you both.

x

As Lissy said, make the choc into hot choc (you can add a sweetener for extra comfort feeling) Also add two teaspoons of coffee to the vanilla and a sweetener, to make a yummy latte. Mmmm....
You can make the choc even nicer by making it with hot peppermint tea, to make a choc-mint one. xx

New to this site, hi everyone. 7 weeks into this and down 2 stone, 8 lbs.
The first week is rough, but it does get better - I found the hunger disappeared after week 1 - my pharmacist said day 3 or so, but I was ravenous on day 4. Day 2 I felt horrible - headache all day & night. I felt weak too alot of that week. Have to say I feel great now. Ok, it's hard when there is lovely food around, but not as hard as I thought it would be - body definitely adjusts.
I didn't like the strawberry at all, gave that up after 1st week. Chicken soup I had terrible problems with - took it to work and couldn't get it to mix properly, so gagging on it. Better once I had it at home and mixed properly. Gave up on it about 3 weeks ago though - just had enough of it - have to say, you do get used to the taste of all the shakes. Surprised myself by really like the chocolate one - I love chocolate, but not chocolate "anything", but I've liked this one since start.
Have tried making it with hot water a couple of times, hoping to get hot chocolate happy feeling - but hated what it was like. What I think is okay for a change is to use coffee as the liquid - obviously not suitable for a shaker. I do it with either Vanilla or Chocolate. I have it about once a fortnight at the weekend. Love the idea of using the peppermint tea though - never thought of that. Just had my last shake, so must wait until tomorrow to do.
I drink alot of peppermint tea and find it great - something different to water. I tend to drink alot of my water as a mixture of hot and cold water - find pints of cold water very hard to take.
Someone mentioned scrubbing tongue - I can manage to do fron part of my tongue, but soon as I try to do back part, I start gagging - the result of which the back of my mouth has all this gunk on tongue - any ideas - I currently brush it with a toothbrush?

Hi rascal
make the vanilla shake into a nice warm mocha latte 1tsp coffee make as normal but with warm/hot water, to avoid lumps mix the powder with a bit of cold water to a paste before adding the hot water.
Enjoy, your taste buds do chang the 1st time I had the soup I couldn't stop retching now I love them and they warm you through.

All the best xx

Back