New starters, they want you to do EE for four weeks, why is this?

Rubyruby

Howdi doodi :D

I rejoined SW last week, done it a few times before (was a consultant several years back). I know about the EE plan, but this time they are saying that new starters have to do EE for the first four weeks. I'll be honest with you, I'm struggling. I lost weight successfully with mainly green days with the occasional red, but losing a healthy extra and having to have 1/3 of a plate superfree foods every meal is a struggle for me. EG I love egg and SW chips, but don't fancy vegetables with it.

Why do they want you to do EE for the first four weeks? I honestly think I will give up if they push this on me :(

I rejoined SW last week, done it a few times before (was a consultant several years back). I know about the EE plan, but this time they are saying that new starters have to do EE for the first four weeks. I'll be honest with you, I'm struggling. I lost weight successfully with mainly green days with the occasional red, but losing a healthy extra and having to have 1/3 of a plate superfree foods every meal is a struggle for me. EG I love egg and SW chips, but don't fancy vegetables with it.

Why do they want you to do EE for the first four weeks? I honestly think I will give up if they push this on me :(

I love ee because theres so much choice and dont find im missing out on healthy extras try it for a bit you may grow to love the plan

Welcome back :) I think you have to be creative at mealtimes. If you don't fancy veg with your egg and chips then don't, just make sure to have a side-salad as a starter or a nice bowl of fruit and berries after your meal.

I've not heard it said that you *must* do EE for the first few weeks. I think it's encouraged (SW USA doesn't even recognise red/green, I wonder how long SW UK will continue to support these plans) but it's hardly enforceable! Red/Green books are included in your starter pack.

There's no harm in saying to your consultant 'thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it, but I've decided I'm more comfortable doing green days and red days at the moment. I'll let you know if I need more advice about EE'.

You don't HAVE to have 1/3rd superfree with every meal. You should try to have it as much as possible, and you should make it your 1st choice for snacking, but you aren't forced to have it.

If you want Egg chips, no veg, then have it. As long as its not every meal it will be fine.

Its worth noting at even on Red & Green you are encouraged to have the 1/3rd superfree now so it doesn't really matter what plan you decide to follow.

Or eat less egg and chips and have a salad afters to fill up, or a salad starter as said previously.

SW arent telling people about R or G anymore. In the new packs they dont even appear in the book, but as seperate ones in the pack.

I too struggles to get my head round EE, it still feels 'wrong' but my goodness it certainly works!

If red / green worked for you before then there's no need for you to do EE if you don't want to. I started SW about a month ago and haven't done a single EE day yet. At the end of the day it is still your diet and the advice SW gives you is a guideline :).

thanks for the input everyone :) I think I might do green most days and if I fancy meat I'll do an occasional EE day. I'll just let my consultant know next week in class. x

I've only ever done green and wouldn't be able to do ee/red as I'm vegan. In new member talks they only spoke of ee but I spoke to my c afterwards ask if SW is appropriate for a vegan diet and she recommended me to go on green - it works absolutely fine for me!

When I started way back in Jan 2011 the ee plan was explained to me. I had years previously done s w on the red and green plans and had lost weight and got to target then stopped going. Yes the rest is history. So I struggled for a few days this time on ee, I dont like veg mixed together, and dont like salad at all so you can see it was hard for me. I do love fruit though. Anyway my c rang me to see how I was going on and I explained I was finding it a struggle because of my dislike of veg and salad. She suggested I tried eating fruit before every meal which I did for a few days but it just became too much and I wasnt enjoying it. I decided to go back to what I knew and like from before. I told her I was going to do this and she said if I preferred that then no problem. I am sat here typing this, 15 months at target, still do red or green every day, and loving my food. Hubby is doing it too and I have put him mainly on red and green as well as its easier for us both to eat virtually the same, although he does like salad. So basically what I am saying is if you chose a plan you enjoy most then you will succeed. You have to enjoy it otherwise you will just give up. Every plan works, I can testify to that. Why they dont mention the other two plans I really dont know, but I have banged on about that in other threads, sorry! You do what you feel most comfy with. :)

Tell me about it! I did all green days when I did the plan a few years ago and had great losses. When I rejoined 2 weeks ago they explained EE and no mention of the GREEN and ORIGINAL.
When I did green my consultant used to tell us that she wanted to see our food diarys FULL of free foods, superfree was there for when our weight loss was slowing down. Now I hear that the 1/3rd superfree relates to all three plans, EE GREEN and ORIGINAL.
I have no problem snacking on super free foods but if I lost weight then on the green plan without it at every meal, surely I can do that this time.

I did slimming workd 3 years ago and lost all my weight on green days, then when i started this time round consultant only talked about ee, and green is in a seperate book! I tried to do extra easy my first day and i was fine but im much better doing green.

Im the fussiest eater everr! And meat wise, i only eat chicken. So for me it makes much more sence to use chicken as a he if i want some, so im sticking to green days :)

I re joined in jan and as everyones experiences only ee was mentioned in the talk but to say you must try it for 4 weeks is awful, as a non meat eater I could never do it, green has always worked for me and green I shall continue with, if they ever scrap the red and green and only preach ee then they will certainly have one less member in me, I understand they must go with the vast majority doing ee but its not great to feel side lined with the additional rather skinny book for red and green with next to no meal ideas as opposed to the ee booklet!! I do aim to try and eat 1/3 superfree with each meal even on green but dont beat myself up if I cant manage it sometimes!

I rejoined SW last week, done it a few times before (was a consultant several years back). I know about the EE plan, but this time they are saying that new starters have to do EE for the first four weeks.

It is about the money back guarantee.........they are promoting EE and claim that if you don't lose weight...you get your money back. That's the rules.....if you choose to do red or green - there is no comeback.

Personally I think thats wrong. If there is no comeback on red and green they should stop paying lip service to it and stop it altogether!!! Its still in our pack, it works, so it should have the same weigh loss status as ee. I really feel they will stop mentioning it altogether soon. I also think that it should be mentined albeit briefly in the new members talk as they are extra options. Just doing the ee may well put some people off. I know had there only been ee I would not have stuck to it as its not to my taste and I would be 2.5 stone heavier plus and they would have lost a new member.

It is about the money back guarantee.........they are promoting EE and claim that if you don't lose weight...you get your money back. That's the rules.....if you choose to do red or green - there is no comeback.

Not true. As long as you food optimise for 4 weeks and stay to group, you will get your money back if you don't lose.

You can follow whatever you like but only EE is explained in the new member talk.

As said, if you want egg and chips, just have it. Try to have superfree when you can.

Well I must admit after I typed this I thought well they must have changed the rules because when I joined 2 years ago it was just stated you had to do a food diary for 4 weeks and if no loss then you got your money back.

Back