New: struggling to find syns

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by rainbow123, 24 February 2014.

1. rainbow123

rainbow123 Well-Known Member

Anyone know how many sys are in the Quaker oats porridge? Using milk as healthy extra. Stuck at work feeling peckish and can't find out. Either that or I have a couple of snack jacks large salt and vinegar or cheese. Anyone know the syn value if those? I think they might be two syns each?
  2. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Well-Known Member

You can use 1 syn per 20 calories on both items as they have no free food allowance x
  3. allana.p.

allana.p. Member

The snack a jacks are 2 syns each for jumbo salt n vinegar and cheese. The quaker oats are 4.5 syns for 25g but I believe 30g can be a hexb on EE. I like to make my porridge with water then put a huge dollop of total 0% Greek yoghurt in makes it soooo creamy hard to believe it's not cream.
  4. rainbow123

rainbow123 Well-Known Member

Fab. Thanks. I might try that yoghurt idea it means I can keep my milk for cups of tea
  5. woolybully

woolybully Active Member

i would never have thought of putting yogurt into porridge, what a great idea, I love porridge but only when it's creamy, will have to give this a go thank you.
  6. allana.p.

allana.p. Member

Yeah its scrummy that way I can have my creamy porridge and save my hexa for cheese and grapes at night. Diet? What diet???