New SW rules

I havent heard anything but my C is rubbish - she only mentioned some of the ML's now being synned last week! :rolleyes:

Unfortunately its the only group timewise that suits me :sigh: - i do like a lot of the members though and get more out of talking to them whilst WI is being done

It's not daily flexi synning as such.

I think its more a mind over matter thing for people that may go over their syns one day and then think 'sod it, I've blown it now, what the hell, I might as well eat what I want now til next weigh in'.
I did this for years. One bad day really did turn into a bad week. It's only in very recent years that I have been able to write off a bad day and carry on with the plan the next day.

So for some, this may help. I don't think it's there to be used daily though. That's just asking for trouble.

And as for Healthy Extras, I have never been aware that they weren't a must everyday? Any class I have ever been too has always said they were part of the plan.....I shall continue to have them anyway. I love the extras!!!!!

It's all a bit odd to me, I may speak to my consultant and ask just what is going on!!
I know she went to the training weekend with other local Consultants....but they can't have been the only ones?

I know if they had said to me, "hey, you can have a piece of chocolate cake every day, and what the heck, have a mars bar too!" I would have been off plan in seconds, because I would be gaining and deciding that the plan didn't work.
If however they said, "Stick to your daily syns and then weekly, you can have a splurge, just so you don't feel deprived" that would be easier to stick to. I can't believe they actually are encouraging people to oversyn so frequently, and am also cynical about the intent behind it.

It does all seem to be 'have your cake and eat it', which I too, for most, just will not work. We all need discipline, to some extent..I think anyway.

It must be a trial surely, if no other class has heard of it? :confused: I can see the psychology behind it, but personally I dont think it will work.

I wonder if the consultant has heard right? They do get things wrong. The consultant at the group I used to go to said with EE you had to have 1/3 superfree, 1/3 original and 1/3 green at each meal. To my mind thats wrong but she insisted she was right (I'll probably find out now she WAS right and I'll feel a right lemon!!!:p)

I wonder if the consultant has heard right? They do get things wrong.

I was wondering that myself :confused: You do hear some about consultants banging on about stuff that no other class in the UK does :D

we were talking about healthy extras about a month ago in group and my consultant did say if you don't want them you don't have to use them and that healthy extras don't help your weightloss BUT they are there to make sure your getting enough calcium and fibre

we've never been told about flexi syns just that to stick to 105 a week.

I was wondering that myself :confused: You do hear some about consultants banging on about stuff that no other class in the UK does :D

Exactly. At the end of the day they're just like us. Misunderstandings always happen. I think its a case of thinking to yourself what seems right or wrong. Unlimited syns seems ridiculous to me and I'm pretty sure its not something they would endorse??

I wonder if the consultant has heard right? They do get things wrong. The consultant at the group I used to go to said with EE you had to have 1/3 superfree, 1/3 original and 1/3 green at each meal. To my mind thats wrong but she insisted she was right (I'll probably find out now she WAS right and I'll feel a right lemon!!!:p)

I don't think this is the case at all. She had just come back from a training weekend at sw hq where they had been told this.
As I said in my first post, she's very experienced and very much on the ball. Infact, I can say she is one of the best cons I've ever had......and there's been a few over the years, trust me lol ;) I can't see how saying you don't have to have your HE can be misconstrued!

I don't think this is the case at all. She had just come back from a training weekend at sw hq where they had been told this.
As I said in my first post, she's very experienced and very much on the ball. Infact, I can say she is one of the best cons I've ever had......and there's been a few over the years, trust me lol ;) I can't see how saying you don't have to have your HE can be misconstrued!

No, if she's as good as you say she is I'm sure she's heard it right :)

But you've got to admit they are NOT all as good as yours seems to be and have been known to talk baloney at times :D

Exactly. At the end of the day they're just like us. Misunderstandings always happen. I think its a case of thinking to yourself what seems right or wrong. Unlimited syns seems ridiculous to me and I'm pretty sure its not something they would endorse??

It's not unlimited syns.
It's about using flexi syns to your advantage, so not to make you fail.

Don't panic everyone! I will get to the bottom of this!

As with any changes...it's all about choice. You don't have to follow it....more so because it's obviously not official!

sw has evolved over the years, it's so very different from when I first encountered it 20 years ago.....and it will continue to do so.

I always thought the EE plan was a 'strategy' to slow down members losses, to get more money out of them - and now, i think this sounds highly suspicious too.

If you still lose weight, but at a slow pace, but can eat what you like (to a point obv!) then you would keep going on SW. Paying more cos it takes you longer to reach target.

Not sure about the logic, but hope my C tells us about it when she can!

x

No, if she's as good as you say she is I'm sure she's heard it right :)

But you've got to admit they are NOT all as good as yours seems to be and have been known to talk baloney at times :D

Lol. Absolutely! I've been to those classes and cringed at some of the things cons have said!

I joined one last year locally to me......but ended up leaving and going back to this one which is a drive away. It's worth the drive!

I always thought the EE plan was a 'strategy' to slow down members losses, to get more money out of them - and now, i think this sounds highly suspicious too.

If you still lose weight, but at a slow pace, but can eat what you like (to a point obv!) then you would keep going on SW. Paying more cos it takes you longer to reach target.

Not sure about the logic, but hope my C tells us about it when she can!

x

It always strikes me as odd when I hear of Cs basically dismissing Red/Green days. I went to a new group the other week and was asked what plan I follow. I said mostly Red and Green, as I didn't get good losses on EE, and she responded quickly explaining to other members that Red and Green were the old plans and tended to be used by people who'd been at SW before EE came in (which isn't the case with me), and of course if anyone is interested she would explain them but there really is no need to worry about them as SW have found that people have so much better losses on EE and they're much less restricted, how fabulous.

I know there will be exceptions, but I don't think I've ever met anyone in person who has lost better on EE than on Red/Green, if they've tried all three. For me, it was a balancing act between what I can eat and what I could potentially lose. I found EE less restricted, but had to balance that off against smaller losses. I'd chose to be slightly more restricted with Red and Green days, and take the bigger losses. I personally don't think it's fair that some SW consultants (most likely from direction from higher up) remove that choice from members by pushing EE and not telling members about the other plans.

To come back to the original point... the cynic in me agrees with Ellebear that it could be a strategy to keep members paying for longer. Like others, I can appreciate the psychology behind it, but I thought the whole point of syns in the first place was that 'no food is banned' - you just have to make sensible choices and work things into your syns if you want them. If I knew that I was 'allowed' a bit of cake after every meal and could just call it 'flexi-synned', then I would!!

To me, it would make more sense if it was brought in as a strategy for target members. I know others have mentioned on here that they don't want to spend their whole lives counting syns once they've reached target, so it could be used as a way of breaking the counting/dieting mindset and to help members adapt the plan further into their lifestyle. For members who are still trying to lose, it just seems a bit barmy to me!

It always strikes me as odd when I hear of Cs basically dismissing Red/Green days. I went to a new group the other week and was asked what plan I follow. I said mostly Red and Green, as I didn't get good losses on EE, and she responded quickly explaining to other members that Red and Green were the old plans and tended to be used by people who'd been at SW before EE came in (which isn't the case with me), and of course if anyone is interested she would explain them but there really is no need to worry about them as SW have found that people have so much better losses on EE and they're much less restricted, how fabulous.

I know there will be exceptions, but I don't think I've ever met anyone in person who has lost better on EE than on Red/Green, if they've tried all three. For me, it was a balancing act between what I can eat and what I could potentially lose. I found EE less restricted, but had to balance that off against smaller losses. I'd chose to be slightly more restricted with Red and Green days, and take the bigger losses. I personally don't think it's fair that some SW consultants (most likely from direction from higher up) remove that choice from members by pushing EE and not telling members about the other plans.

To come back to the original point... the cynic in me agrees with Ellebear that it could be a strategy to keep members paying for longer. Like others, I can appreciate the psychology behind it, but I thought the whole point of syns in the first place was that 'no food is banned' - you just have to make sensible choices and work things into your syns if you want them. If I knew that I was 'allowed' a bit of cake after every meal and could just call it 'flexi-synned', then I would!!

To me, it would make more sense if it was brought in as a strategy for target members. I know others have mentioned on here that they don't want to spend their whole lives counting syns once they've reached target, so it could be used as a way of breaking the counting/dieting mindset and to help members adapt the plan further into their lifestyle. For members who are still trying to lose, it just seems a bit barmy to me!

You speak a lot of sense!
I too am sad that SW really push EE which actually goes against everything SW ever stood for!!!
I hate the fact that the magazine nearly exclusively shows EE recipes.
Yes, I can see that EE is more like 'normal' eating and I guess that's what it's all about, but I think as the other plans worked for years, tell people about them and let them make the choice.
It's all about choices.

I'm not sure abou the 'keeping people at class longer with slower losses' theory.
I think there are always going to dieters willing to pay to shed a few pounds, whether they be returnees or newbies.
Sadly, something like 98% of dieters regain their weight ( I am one of them!)
No matter how many times I have said this is the last time, food always gets the better of me, I hate to think of what I have spent over the years!
Dieting is, and probably always will be, big business!!!

They want everyone on EE. I heard that from a former consultant. Red/Green are to be phased out once they convince everyone EE is the only way.

I noticed in my sister's SW mag that they have been publishing Red/Green menus again due to public demand instead of the EE.

It's getting a bit like WW old points against new Pro Points systems.
Sometimes there's no need to constantly reinvent things especially as the old systems work.

I personally don't think it's fair that some SW consultants (most likely from direction from higher up) remove that choice from members by pushing EE and not telling members about the other plans.

:clap:

I agree with the sentiment of those who feel annoyed about consultants pushing EE. I'm vegetarian, so doing EE would be pretty pointless.
Unfortunately, as ha already been said, dieting is always going to be a bug business- so it wouldn't surprise me if this was a money spinning venture.
Whatever the motives, at least we know we've always got support on here, no matter what plan we follow! :D

I too am sad that SW really push EE which actually goes against everything SW ever stood for!!!

SW is a company that makes money by helping people lose weight ... How does EE go against everything they've ever stood for? :confused:

Perhaps EE doesn't work for everyone - but then red/green days don't work for me, since I feel deprived on them. I have dropped from 15.7 to 11.10 since the end of January this year, almost exclusively on EE.

I do SW online so can't comment on group stuff. On the website EE is presented as the main plan, but red and green are fully explained too.

Back