New to 5:2 :)

Hi there, I started on the 5:2 today, after reading the fast Diet book over the last couple of days. I meant to wait till Monday but was at Frankie and Bennies last night and went a bit mad, so thought today would be better!

Worked out my two meals for today, I usually skip breakfast anyway, as I'm never that hungry in the mornings, and the calorie count is coming in at just over 500, so happy about that. I've been reading through some of the threads, and I just wondered if someone could clarify something for me. I thought the idea of the diet was to eat normally on five days and under 500 calories for two days, but everyone here seems to be calorie counting on their five days as well. My whole reason for doing this plan is cause I only manage to stick to a diet for a day or two at the most before falling off the wagon and bingeing spectacularly! If I have to calorie count every day, there is no point in doing it!

Hello and welcome. Good luck with starting on this plan. Yes, the whole idea of this plan is to fast 2 days (or 3 depending on choice) and then eat normally the other days. I think the problem is that a lot of the girls on here are very close to target and so are having to limit things on the other days to shift the last few pounds. I'd say fast your 2 days and eat normally the other 5 as long as you are aware of what you are eating and don't cram lots of Easter eggs in! Good luck again.

Thanks Kitty, that's a relief! I got told by someone I should only be doing 1500 cals on the other days, and there's no way I have the willpower! lol am finding I am starving all day on the fast days, but when I get up the next day, I'm actually not particularly hungry and can go till 11/12 o'clock till I need to eat something. no urges to binge yet either, which is great :)

Back