New to any kind of diet

1_bad_k1tty

I've never dieted before, I usually just restrict and ping back to my pre christmas/holiday weight. But since turning 24 it just doesn't happen, so looks like I'm gonna have to put my beer, fags and pizza down and get my 'soggy' bum into gear!

Thought I'd give slimfast a try because there has to be a reason it's still going after this long.

I have a few preliminary problems though, I am easily made sick and I really do not like milk. So apart from that I'm diving in head first!

I have £20 to spend on feeding myself for 2 weeks (damn my ebay addiction!) So have been looking around for the best deal and/or cheaper alternatives. With the wonders of the world wide web at my finger tips you think this would be easy to track down.... oh no it's all american info and/or old news.

I have found alternatives with pretty much the same nutritional values:

• Ultralife - Found some on ebay but nowhere else.

• Measure up - this is Asda's own and seems to only be available in cartons at 89p each which is cheap. Flavoured strawberry, chocolate and vanilla

• Tesco light choice - as far as I can see on their website it is the same thing as slimfast but tesco have let themselves down by not putting their nutritional value on their website but at 74p for a carton and £3.77 for a tub you can't argue.
Tesco have slimfast on offer of 2 bottle shakes for £2 and the cereal bars are £1 for 3 this is on offer till 17th March.

Asda on the other hand have slimfast on offer bottles 4 for £4 until 18th September 2009 and the tubs are 2 for £7 and they are on off until 31st of December 2009!!

Can't beat that!

i think they're all pretty much of the same and personally would go for the cheapest option! when i got my powder tubs i went on all the food stores and typed in sf and then compared. sainsburys turned up trumps at a £1 cheaper than tesco's on their offer. there is another thread on here where people have put the latest offers on which is more recent than mine as i bought enough cans for 4 months as it was so cheap then.

i have just brought 2 tubs of shake for £7 in tesco makes 24 drinks all together so not a bad price xx

Yeah it's alright, I also got Asda's own version in small carton at 89p so I'll let you all know how they work out :D

Back