New To ATKINS!

cali

Hi everybody on the Atkins Diet.:wavey: I hope your diets are going well.

This is my second day on the diet. I hope you can help and answer a question for me.

Would using Colmans Mustard on my scrambled eggs slow down the weightloss during the induction week?

Hi Calli,

Im also on day two. What i gather is use the few carbs you can have wisely, you need these as veggies to keep you right.

Have you much to loose?. I am saying 60lb which sounds crazy but for now my mini goal is 20 pounds, i felt normal 20lbs ago!! I dont think it will take too long to see this mini goal if i do it right.However i am not putting myself under the pressure i did with Lipotrim, to be skinny in 5 seconds, it resulted in me loosing the weight and turning back into a bigger carb junkie than ever before!! Is this your first attempt to loose the weight/Atkins?

Hmm,

I found this on Colemans mustard

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 tsp
Amount Per Serving
Calories 10 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 160mg 6%
Total Carbohydrate 1g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 1g
Protein 0g

Hi Calli, have you read the stickies at the top of this forum?

It all depends on the brand I suspect. Ive just had a nosey on the Asda Website and that details the nutritional info for home delivery items:

Colemans: 0.4g per 2ml
Colemans Squeezy Mustard 0.8g per 5ml
Mustard Powder 0.3g per tsp.
Heinz Squeezy 1.4g per 10ml
Maille Dijon 0.6g per 10ml
Asda Smartprice 1.6 per 10mls

None of which seem massively high and I would suspect a teaspoon of any of these would not cause much damage.

Hi Calli,

Im also on day two. What i gather is use the few carbs you can have wisely, you need these as veggies to keep you right.

Have you much to loose?. I am saying 60lb which sounds crazy but for now my mini goal is 20 pounds, i felt normal 20lbs ago!! I dont think it will take too long to see this mini goal if i do it right.However i am not putting myself under the pressure i did with Lipotrim, to be skinny in 5 seconds, it resulted in me loosing the weight and turning back into a bigger carb junkie than ever before!! Is this your first attempt to loose the weight/Atkins?

Hi newlifenow, thank you for the reply. That is a good idea, keeping the goal smaller. ;) I have 25-30Ibs to lose. (Small goal 15Ibs..?)

No this is my second attempt on Atkins. I lost weight on it about 3 years ago and thought I'd better do something since I have recently piled it back on.

I know what you mean about the veg but I was hoping to try and keep it simple in the first two weeks as the carbs can be high in them.

Hi Jim and Boogaloo. Thank you for the facts. Thanks Jim, I have read the Stickies.

Boogaloo, I have the Colemans Squeezy Mustard. 0.8g per 5ml sounds ok.

No worries love, don't be afraid to ask any questions around here. :)

Hiya cali, welcome to the board. How are you getting on with day 3?

I love the Maille Dijon mustard myself. Have you tried tabasco sauce for spicing things up? It has a very low carb count and of course you only need to use tiny amounts.

Back